#1: I’m the main character?!
369 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with a dull ache in my head.

I slowly opened my eyes as I struggled to recall what happened last night.

Before I could collect my thoughts, I was shocked by the unfamiliar room I found myself in. A large fluffy bed, pastel-coloured walls, large soft-toys decorating the room…

Where the hell is this?

For a moment I wondered if I was kidnapped, but what sort of kidnapper would lock me up in such a room?

I got off the bed lightly, wanting to look around for some clues.

For some reason, my body felt kind of odd – I actually felt really weak?

To protect myself, I’ve mastered both judo and ju-jitsu, keeping my body at optimal condition at all times. So why did I feel like I was going to stumble just from jumping off the bed?

A sense of dread washed over me.

I walked to the full-length mirror at the corner of the room.

There was an unfamiliar face staring back at me.

I raised my hand to touch her face – she raised her hand too.

I stopped my movements, taking in my reflection.

Light blue, fluffy hair. Large doe eyes. A slim, frail figure. Pale skin, as if she’s never been out in the sun.

She was extremely pretty, but she was definitely not the same face I’ve had for the past 28 years.

I sighed.

There’s no way this was real. Just look at my hair colour. Light blue?

It’s cute, I admit. But it's way too unrealistic. I pondered for a moment, trying to figure out the situation.

Ah. Light blue hair. The main character of the novel I read recently. She had light blue hair.

I quickly ran to the desk, shuffling through the things to get some clues about “my” identity.

There we go, a book with her name on it. My name, I suppose.

Lilia.

That settles it. I’ve transmigrated into a novel, as the main character.

This… absolutely sucks.

Lilia was a frail, weak girl who would only rely on others to save her. Her only redeeming point was her face, and her method of surviving in this world was to cry.

I only read the novel because I was forced to by my doctor – a way to “release stress”, he said. It would help my mental condition, he said. Popular with all the females, he said.

I would smack him in the face right now if I could.

There’s no way I would live as a frail girl who waited for her Prince Charming.

Hell, I am the youngest female CEO, with over 3000 employees under my inherited company. Since young, I trained both my body and mind, mastering languages, musical instruments and various sports to get where I am.

I lay back down on the bed with a huff.

Well, it wasn’t as if there was anything worth my time in my previous life anyway. I had everything people dreamed off – money, power and reputation – but it was a rather empty life. After my parents passed, I was pretty much alone. To be honest, my mental condition wasn’t great. Which was why my doctor recommended various de-stress methods, including reading this stupid novel.

I didn’t really feel sad about leaving my previous world.

More frustrated about being stuck in this body that would crumple if I walked 30 steps.

I tried to recall what I knew about Lilia.

The novel was a love story about a frail girl who was brought up in a rich family. She was loved and spoilt, her parents and older brother giving her everything she wanted. When she went to college, she was bullied by her older cousin. Her method of retaliation was to cry. Then she was saved by the main character, some boy from an equally wealthy background. Happily, ever after.

Bullshit. This girl was incompetent and had no self-respect. If I had to go through her life just as she did, I would probably stab myself.

I’m not sure how much of the story I can change, but there’s no way I’m living like a doll in a dollhouse. Just sitting there, like a pretty decoration.

ugh. I'm nauseous just by the thought of it. 

I’d much rather be the villainess!!

21