#2: avoid anything troublesome!
286 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Young miss,”

A knock on my door, an older woman’s voice.

I scrambled to a sitting position, answering tentatively, “Yes?”

“Breakfast is ready.”

“Alright, I’ll be down soon.”

That was probably the housekeeper, I sighed.

Based on the things I found on Lilia’s desk, it seems that she just started college. I found her phone, which I could thankfully unlock with face recognition, and looked through her calendar. It’s been a week since college started. That means I missed orientation, but classes just started.

I have no idea what’s going on right now, for the novel only starts in her second year of college.

Well, there’s not much I could do now but get ready for the day. I looked through her wardrobe, filled with cute outfits, suitable for a college girl. Mostly bright or pastel-coloured clothes, much unlike my own. The colours I wore on a daily basis in my previous life were dark and cold colours…

That was the image I built for myself after all. In my past life, I was a young female CEO. If I didn’t build a strong image, it wouldn’t be possible for me to gain respect and recognition. No matter how much effort I put in, there were still many who looked down on me, just because of my age and gender…

I shook my head, clearing myself of those thoughts. That didn’t matter anymore. Since I was in Lilia’s body, and I’m just a normal college student, I might as well take the opportunity to wear cute clothes, right? I guess that’s one good thing about having this frail body.

I picked out a one-piece dress with flower patterns and put on some light make-up.

Done with dressing up, I opened the door to finally leave my room.

The layout of the house was the same as in the novel, so I easily found my way to dining room.

“Lilia!” a rather handsome young man sat at the dining table, already eating breakfast. He had blue hair just like mine, but it was a shade darker.

“…” I wasn’t sure how to respond, and slowly said, “Good morning.”

“Good morning!” he smiled at me as he finished the last of his breakfast, “I have to go to the company now, sorry I can’t accompany you.”

“It’s fine. Have a safe trip, big brother.” I responded with a small smile.

As I thought, this was Lilia’s older brother, Luke. He wasn’t especially close to Lilia, being older by 8 years, but he certainly spoilt her.

Luke ruffled my hair and strode out of the dining room.

“Young miss…” the housekeeper called out to me hesitantly, “I think your class starts at 9am today, if you don’t leave now…”

“Just pack my breakfast and I’ll have it in the car.”

Right, Lilia has class at 9am today. I’m not sure how long it takes from her house to the college, so I was glad the housekeeper reminded me. It’s 8.30 now, so I suppose it would take less than half an hour.

I took the sandwich that the housekeeper handed over, “Thank you.”

“Have a safe trip, miss!” the housekeeper beamed at me, even though she seemed rather surprised by my word of thanks.

With that, I head to college.

As I munched on the sandwich, I scrolled through Lilia’s phone. Who were her friends? The novel barely mentioned any friends, focusing on the relationship between Lilia and the male lead.

The texts in her phone were mostly just from her family members and the driver. She doesn’t seem to have many friends.

That’s good for me, because then I won’t have to pretend to be Lilia in college. I can do whatever I want, and no one will suspect that this body has changed a soul. I let out a breath of relief. There's a year to go until the start of the novel anyway, so I can probably just do whatever I want for now.

Soon, I reached campus. I thanked the driver and stepped out of the car.

Since Lilia had no friends, I’ll have to find a way to get to class on my own. Luckily, Kookle worked well in this world too, and I easily followed the map to my class building.

--

I sat down in an inconspicuous corner of the class, in a middle row towards the end. There were many students already gathered and they were chattering loudly in groups.

Lilia chose to take Philosophy as her major. It’s something I’m familiar with, but not to a college level. I didn't really have a choice but to take Business Management in my previous life, so that I could take over my family business.

I’ve always had an interest in Philosophy though, so for now, I’ll sit in a few classes. If it’s dull, then I’ll just switch courses.

Some of the guys glanced at me as I walked in, but I didn’t bother looking at them. Lilia’s face does attract attention… But it’s okay. I’m used to people’s gazes after all. Even the mean ones that the girls are throwing at me now.

The classroom slowly filled up.

“Can I sit here?” a bright voice sounded beside me. I looked up to see a smile equally bright.

I nodded, allowing the girl the seat beside me.

She had yellow bobbed hair, with a cute, cheerful face. “My name’s Marie, what’s yours?”

“Lilia.” I smiled.

“Ah, nice to meet you! You’re really pretty, you know? All the guys were looking over here, but they just don’t have the guts to talk to you,” she started chattering.

I didn’t sense any ill will from her, so I just smiled politely at her comments.

“Are you staying on campus?” Marie asked.

I shook my head, “I’m commuting.”

“Ohh, I see,” she pouted, “I’m staying on campus! I thought we could hang out after class if you were.”

“Yeah, sure, I don’t mind,” I replied, “I can go home a while later.”

“Really!?!” Marie’s face brightened up, “Let’s go to the dessert shop on campus then, it’s really popular! I heard it has a long history, and it’s been the most popular shop on campus for like, the past ten years.”

“Settle down class!” the teacher walked in just on time.

Our conversation cut short; I just gave Marie a small nod to our plans after class. She looked delighted.

I suppose it’s not too bad.

Being a college student again.

Making friends.

I decided.

I’ll just avoid anything troublesome this life, and live my college life happily with many, many friends. 

 

--

A/N: appreciate the comments/ratings/favorites!! :> 

20