#6 …what about my opinions?
129 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“25… 26… 27… 30!”

I sat down with a huff, finishing the last of my sit-ups.

My light blue hair tied up in a ponytail, now drenched in sweat.

I’ve been working out every morning in my room, just basic workouts to build my strength. It’s a good thing that Lilia’s room is huge, so there’s enough space for me to do some cardio too.

I didn’t want Luke to suspect anything, so I’ve been quietly training in my room rather than using the indoor gym in the basement.

I started to do some stretches to warm down.

These days I’ve been spending my time reading up on the corporate scene and current affairs in this world. The basic concepts I have are still transferable, so I think I’m pretty up-to-date with the situation here. This is all to ensure I’ll be able to invest in a good portfolio of stocks once I gain some capital!

Speaking of which, I have to finish up the two videos I made recently to add to my portfolio. With that, I can start trying to get some freelance work.

“Young miss,” a knock on my door disturbed my thoughts.

“Yes?” I called out, still stretching on the floor.

“It’s time for breakfast…” the housekeeper said hesitantly.

I frowned, “I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“Okay.” I heard her footsteps fading away.

I quickly walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower.

I’ve never been called down for breakfast. I usually have breakfast with Luke, but on the days when I’m late, Luke just eats and leaves without me. I've told him not to wait for me, in case I sleep in.

For the housekeeper to call me down for breakfast... Something is up?

I quickly took a shower and dried my hair half-heartedly. If there’s a guest, we’ll definitely be informed beforehand, so there's only one reason I can think of…

--

I took joyful steps down the stairs, walking straight to the dining room.

I made sure to have a bright smile on my face, doing my best to show utmost joy.

“Lilia!” a deep voice greeted me in a gentle tone.

As expected! He's here.

“Dad!” I continued to keep the bright smile on my face, straining my facial muscles.

I skipped over to the tall man sitting at the head of the table, leaning over to give him a hug. Lilia had a good relationship with her dad, so this much is necessary.

Lilia’s dad. He was undoubtedly a good businessman, running the family’s company perfectly. He spends most of his time overseas, expanding the family firm. That was why I haven’t seen him since I came into this world. Luke’s running the local branch of the company while dad managed the overseas expansion. He had a flawless reputation in society for being a morally upright businessman.

His only flaw is probably spoiling Lilia too much – ever since his wife/Lilia’s mother passed away, he tried to make up for her absence by making sure Lilia had everything she wanted. Not only did he excessively protect Lilia, he also brought up Luke to spoil her too…

“Sit down and eat,” he gestured quickly to the seat on his left. Luke was sitting to his right, smiling at the heart-warming scene before him. 

I quickly did as I was told.

Dad asked me about adapting to college, even though I knew that he got reports about my situation from Luke all the time.

Looking at the concern on his face, I suppose he really isn’t that bad, even though he spoilt Lilia too much.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been shown such parental concern… a wave of sadness hit me as I thought about my parents from my previous life. It’s been several years since they died. Even though they didn’t shower me with affection (unlike Lilia’s family), I knew they loved me. They were probably the only ones that did, in my previous world.

I sighed.

I suppose I should be grateful that I’ve gotten myself another dad who seems to really care about my wellbeing.

While I was lost in my thoughts, brother and dad started discussing about the new expansion project.

“Yes, we’ll go on to expand into country B and following that, into neighbouring country C,” Dad explained the new plans to Luke.

“The cultural difference between the countries is small, so once we establish ourselves in country B, we’ll go into country C within 6 months.”

Luke nodded his head in understanding, asking about the market situation.

I perked my ears up at the conversation, interested in knowing more. I did read about the expansion of our family firm into country B – it was all over the news. There was no mention about continuous expansion into country C though…

I listened in to the conversation, gathering more information. Because country B and C were neighbouring countries with very similar social conditions and markets, dad decided that it would be good for our firm to expand into both countries almost simultaneously, keeping the momentum. This would make sure our firm would be a solid brand in the region.

It sounds great overall but... There are a few things that worry me about this plan though, I’m not sure if dad has considered all the factors.

“Dad…” I called out hesitantly, “How’s the political situation in country C?”

I tried to phrase the question casually. The original Lilia would never be interested in the company’s workings, much less have an opinion on it.

“The political situation?” Dad looked surprised and pondered for a moment, “I don’t think there’s anything big going on, they do have a general election soon but it’s pretty standard so--”

“Dad!” Luke stopped dad from saying any more, “Why would you explain all this to Lilia!”

“Oh, sorry, sorry Lilia, you must have been bored listening to all the corporate issues, right? Dad won’t do it again,” he leaned over to ruffle my hair.

I forced down a look of annoyance.

Dad and brother thought I was just trying to join the conversation despite not knowing anything… I’ve studied a lot the past few days about current affairs, so I want to give my opinion, okay!?

“No, it’s not that, I just wanted to say that the political situation in Country C isn’t –” I tried to assert my views again.

“Lilia, it’s fine,” dad smiled at me warmly, “you don’t have to force yourself; dad won’t talk about work at the dining table again, okay?”

“I just thought that the situation doesn’t—”

“Lilia, don’t worry about it! Let’s talk about how are your classes so far?” Luke looked at me with a smile.

!?

!???

Looking at brother and dad’s warm smiles, my heart froze a little.

Ah. They’re never going to listen to me, are they?

10