#8: mission accomplished …?
114 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided to stop asking dad to bring me to the office. It’s like I’m digging my own grave.

Well, just because dad refuses to bring me along to work (“it’ll be too boring for my little girl,” he says…) doesn’t mean I can’t go over, on my own!

For my great plan to work, I dressed up in a different fashion style. It would be terrible if dad or Luke found me in the office before I could complete my mission, right?

My current plan:

Step 1: Disguise myself (enough to not be recognized by dad and brother, but still recognizable as Lilia to gain entry into the office)

Step 2: Sneak into the office

Step 3: Somehow pass the documents to dad (this part is currently unplanned, but I have confidence in winging it)

Perfect.

--

With impeccable timing, I arrived at the office slightly before lunchtime. I checked the bag of lunchboxes I had in one hand, and my “important documents” in another.

I’ve brought all the evidence I need to be convincing. I just need to find a person to convince.

I know dad has a meeting scheduled today regarding the project, so I’m sure there would be people who are involved in the project around. I just have to catch one of them and shove this information down their throats. While being not-suspicious-at-all, of course. It wouldn’t be good if I were to be mistaken as an enemy spy, right.

I dressed myself in a semi-formal attire, a dark blouse matched with black skirt. It won’t be easy for dad to recognize me in this outfit. It’s much too different from my usual cutesy pastel-coloured outfits.

Of course, my striking light blue hair was tied up in a bun and covered completely under a shawl. There would be no disguise if my hair could be seen.

I strode into the main entrance confidently, stopping at the reception.

The receptionist gave me a warm smile, “May I help you, miss?”

“I’m here to send Luke his lunch,” I gestured to the bag of food in my right hand.

“I’m sorry, we can’t let you up without an appointment,” the receptionist’s attitude immediately turned cold.

That reaction... she think I'm one of those girls who're always running after Luke, trying to get his attention?

I know my brother is popular but really, do I look that cheap?

Ew.

I sighed, narrowing my eyes at her, “Let me up. I’m Luke’s sister.” I replied in an equally cold voice.

My sudden change in attitude sent shivers down her spine. The receptionist lowered her gaze, not so confident in her earlier assumption now.

The harmless young lady suddenly didn’t seem so harmless now…

“I-I’m afraid I can’t…” the receptionist gulped, unable to meet my sharp gaze.

I slammed the box of food onto the reception counter, freeing my right hand to pull off my shawl.

“I’m Luke’s sister. Don’t make me repeat myself,” I glared at her.

“Y-yes!” if she wasn’t convinced before this, my light blue hair left her with no doubt. Even though she’s never seen Luke’s sister, this unique blue hair was much too similar to Luke’s. Everyone in the company knows that Luke absolutely dotes on Lilia, so there’s no way the receptionist would risk angering me.

“Please, please go on right in,” she immediately allowed entry.

With that, I passed through the reception within five minutes. My cold attitude was deliberate, to scare the receptionist into letting me in without informing Luke. If she was just a bit more intelligent, she would have given Luke’s assistant a call to welcome me to his office rather than allowing me in just like that.

I’m halfway through my mission now! I gave myself a small pat on the back.

I went into the elevator and choose the floor with the meeting rooms. I’ve looked through the list of people involved in the project, so I roughly know their names and backgrounds.

How did I get my hands on that information? Things like these are easy when your brother thinks you’re a harmless little lamb and leaves all the confidential documents lying around the desk in his room.

I hid my bag of food in a corner of the hallway – it’s not going to be helpful now when I’m pretending to be here on serious business.

Now… I just need to casually catch someone and give them this information.

The meeting was on a break, and I suppose most people are out for lunch. There weren’t many humans about.

Maybe I could just stick a post-it on the documents and leave it somewhere conspicuous?

I peeked into the meeting rooms, trying to find a good spot to leave my documents. The rooms were designed in the same style, with the upper half of the glass doors transparent. I could look inside if I tip-toed. The only issue is that I look rather silly doing that… but sacrifices have to be made for this mission to be a success.

The first few rooms were empty, so I continued my search down the hallway.

Before I could look into the next room, the door swung open. A tall man with round gold-rimmed spectacles stepped out and saw me. He had light blond hair which contrasted well with his dark office suit.

“You are?” a puzzled look on his face, he asked politely.

“Ah… I’m…” I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I should lie…

A look of wariness flashed in his eyes.

“I’m Lilia,” I immediately said, “Luke’s sister.”

“Oh,” he relaxed a little hearing that.

This guy is pretty on guard, so it would be risky to lie about my identity… He seems quite bright, so I’m not sure if I can use him to take the documents.

I scanned his outfit to figure out his identity… he should have a tag if he’s an employee.

He doesn’t have one though.

Hmm… if he’s not an employee, but he’s here for the meeting, that could only mean…

“Are you here to see Luke?” he asked politely, “He’s not involved in this meeting though, so he’s not here.”

I shook my head, “I’m here to see you.”

I think I can use him well. I’m pretty sure he’s from the company we’re collaborating with. This is even better for me – dad might just think this information came from his company!

“Oh?” he raised an eyebrow, the corner of his mouth turning upwards. I suppose he finds the current situation rather amusing.

“I just here on an errand,” I gave him the most harmless smile I could muster, “I’m here to pass on some of these documents.”

“These?” he received the pile of documents I handed over.

Okay, he took the documents!! I'm one step away from success!

“These are some documents that were left behind by the team! I think dad hasn’t been able to go through them yet, so could you please pass it on and discuss it in the latter half of the meeting?”

“Well…” the blond man scanned through the documents quickly, “Sure, thanks.”

I gave him a bright smile, “Great, thanks! Don’t forget to mention it during the meeting later!”

Before he could say anything, I gave him a nod and quickly strode off.

If he asks any more questions, I’m not sure how I’d be able to answer them, so it’s best for me to leave right away!!

I’ve accomplished my mission anyway!

I couldn’t stop the big smile from appearing on my face as I skipped into the elevator, not forgetting my lunchboxes.

Oh right, my disguise. I wrapped my shawl around my head again. Now all I need to do is get out of the building without meeting dad or brother!!

12