Part One -City Of Angels, Chapter 1-Revelation
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon

 Simon waited anxiously in the glass dome. The sun shone brightly overhead, reflecting him in all the glass walls. He looked at himself in the walls, he was wearing track pants and a hoodie but there was not much he could do about his appearance considering what happened the night before. The dome was made of glass and it was transparent, he could see the worlds tallest tower in the distance. Waiting to enter the chamber of ascension where he would receive his spirit element, he was really nervous. Simon didn't care which kind of spirit chose him as and was content as long as he is given a place at the M.I.

The door opened and a woman with a scarred face entered. She wore a long robe marking the sign of an Elder"It is time "announced the Elder "The arrangements have been made. Follow me ".He followed her through the tunnel opposite the entrance.

"How did you get to know the spirit world? she asked. And Simon told her all the crazy things that had happened the night before.

12 hours before

Simon, a 15-year-old boy, was walking back home on a deserted 12 Ave street in NYC. The sky was grey and dreary and Simon shivered. He had just gone to one of his friend's party. He had never had a party of his own since his mother died when was born and his dad gave him up to an orphanage called the Orphans Future Alliances. He had an ordinary life and the orphanage catered to his needs though he had to leave within one year. He had secured a future by doing well in a government school and getting a place in college. Though he always felt as if some part of him was empty, he often got into fights with drunk people. When he fought it felt as if some part him felt complete. He fought so well that two rival gangs fought over him. In front of him, a man stood slouching against the wall, He recognized the man; Uzait Blochi, the second in command to the Violet gorilla. One of the gangs who fought over him.

Uzait turned towards him. His muscled arm bulged and his irises were golden. Coloured contacts, that's not good thought Simon. The man walked towards him, he wanted no trouble so he bolted across the alleyway left of him. He wasn't looking forward and crashed into three figures and they fell through a purple vortex .they emerged on the other side falling through the air.Wait.Air? Wasn't he just walking on the ground? he looked around him and he shouted.

There were two girls and a boy floating next to him. They all wore armour glowing brightly in the air. He realized that they were falling and looked down. The ground was covered with gravel and dirt and then it struck him. With the amount of speed and velocity he was falling he would be crushed,10 metres till impact, Simon braced himself but nothing happened. Instead, a gust of wind blew him up to his feet and he was standing on the ground.

With his eyes open wide and his mouth slightly open, Simon looked around in amazement. The other three people were standing next to him unfazed. There were dirt and gravel for miles but when he looked up his mouth opened wide. There was no sky just a glassy like substance and behind it was a purple storm like gas. There was no sun but the ground was illuminated.

"Come on, Pearl you had one job."Said one of the girls. She had a set of almond-shaped eyes. She had porcelain skin and thin lips. Her hair was coily and auburn and her body were moderately tall and curvy. With her nostrils flared and hands to the hip, she spoke to the other girl." No. Mortals"

"Hey, not my fault. The street was empty and I even set up that burly man to guard the hallway" replied the other girl. She must have influence to use the violet gorilla's co-leader to act as a bodyguard. The girl whose name was Pearl was pretty. She had protruding eyes with a natural skin tone. She ran her hands through her brown, springy hair.

"What's done is done, we'll take care of the mortal later. Set up a perimeter, he'll be coming soon." said the boy gazing at the horizon.

The two girls nodded and ran in two separate paths with a flare-like object in their hand, it was obvious that they saw him as an authoritarian figure.

"My name's Damian Potts, what's yours?"The boy asked him. He held himself in a regal posture his brown eyes darting across the terrain. His hair was brown as bark and his body tall and muscular.

"It's Simon" he answered. He looked at the other boy, he seemed unfazed that they had fallen through a goddamn cotton-candy machine. as if he had planned one coming here."You set this up didn't you"Simon gestured to the barren wasteland surrounded by the purple void.

"Yeah, its to lure the fallen angel but not you "

"Fallen angel?"

"Youll see, just don't come out unless the fight's done"He looked at him, his face a mask of emotions.

"Uhh . . . ok"

The girls returned '"We set up the lures "said Rose.

'Good, He should be coming in soon" Damian tilted his head towards Simon."Meanwhile, Rose take the more-"His eyes widened. The ground shook as if the Earth itself came alive. Cracks appeared and the ground exploded. Damian and Pearl shot back while Rose raised her hands in front of him a rectangular blue-ish barrier shielding them from the rubble. 

The creature that caused the explosion was flying overhead. Its face was monstrously beautiful, Its eyes had bright red irises. Considering the fact it had black feathery wings on its back Simon decided to call it 'it'.  It wore a well-dressed suit and its hands, no, not hands but claws were dark and shadowy. The rest of its body was muscular though it held a staff in one of its claws. A black orb-like structure floated on the staff.

Damian shouted to the creature"Harut, You have been sentenced to banishment to the shadow realm for the crime of the adoricing of  Ophaniel, a pure angel. ".

The winged creature whose name was obviously Harut sneered."Oh little spirit users, don't interfere between matters between immortals or you'll get hurt. And besides Orphaniel was weak at least he contributed for a greater cause "Harut smiled, his teeth were stained by a gold-like liquid. His voice gave Simon a feeling similar to when you scratch paper, his body hair standing up and making him very uncomfortable.

"Let me remind you that you are no longer an angel and that spirit users have the power of the gods and deities with them, we will exorcise your race if you step out of the shadow realm to which you belong," said Pearl.

Harut titled his head towards Simon. He sniffed the air and grinned. Damian tensed and held out his hand. In a blink of his eye, the rock Simon was hiding behind shattered into pieces like glass. His wings flapping and sceptre raised he said"Oh, what's this. You have a lot of mana and conveniently I need some"

 A beam of dark light shot towards him and got hold of Simon pulling him towards Harut. Meanwhile, a pillar of fire flashed in Damian's hand leaving a  scythe. Its chine made of the same metal as the armour they wore.

Damian held up his hand aiming at Harut, a bolt of fire leapt towards Harut. Harut lashed out his sceptre to defend but the impact made him crashed into the ground. His hand bled, but his blood was blacker than night.

"Rose, Form a barrier around the mortal. Pearl and I will exorcise it"

A loud crash occurred behind them. It was Harut. Or Harut whose face burned bleeding black and his eyes glowed red. He howled with a voice that Simon was sure shattered his hearing."Bloody mortal, my master will be pleased to see what I have found" In his hand, he held a huge ball of rubble. His hand went back like a baseball player and then he released it. Maybe if snoop dog would have don't that they would have praised him. The ball of rubble hurtled towards them.

Pearl raised her hands and shifted it using the wind, the rubble went along with it and crashed to the ground beside them. But the fallen angel shot through, taking his chance, his hand a long blade going for Damian's chest. Damian parried with his scythe along with some help from Pearl. He aimed at Harut and used his scythe to generate fire. A dark contrail appeared from it towards Harut. Harut flinched seeing the contrail but regained his consciousness and dodged with incredible speed but his arm was cut. Even Damian was surprised at what he had done.

Rose put her hands up concentrating. Around her and Simon, a dome of transparent water appeared with the water dropping from overhead.

"Uhh... so what's happening?" the thought that they were in a small closed dome unnerved him. He had never been good with girls and rather been in fights with the boys in his class which, not to brag, he mostly won.

"Don't worry, We'll remove your memory of what happened today after Damian and Pearl take care of Harut" She replied looking worryingly." I need to get you to safety first."The dome lifted skywards forming a sort of bubble around them. It landed away from the fight.

"Yes, I look forward to removing my memory," said Simon wondering how he got himself into this mess."What is that thing anyway?"

Damian

 It was their first mission and they had to exorcise the fallen angel Harut. He set up the decoy mana producer to lure Harut. They knew that he was low on energy after banishing Orphaniel, a pure angel, back to purgatory.

While Pearl took the mortal outside the barrier, he had to manage to exorcise the fallen angel. But at least he was low on energy.

The fight did not go as expected. Harut was a fallen angel, He could not be killed only his ties severed so that he could be sent back to the shadow realm. Damian, on the other hand, was mortal and very much killable.

He dodged his sorcery spells but he would soon run out of stamina. Damian jumped across a building towards his target and swung his scythe. An arc of flame erupted and blasted towards Harut. Harut jumped back on the ground barely missing the attack and plunged his sceptre into the ground."My energy has drained and I have come here to get some more but it turned out to be a decoy set up by you three, Looks like I will have to call some backup"

 "Sofrnetu lifr neze familiar , CEREBERUS"

A purple rune circle appeared and out of it a huge three-headed dog with serpents as its tail was summoned.

Harut had called on his familiar. But this familiar was too powerful, too strange for it to be a fallen angel's familiar. He looked closely and realization dawned upon him

"That is not possible" murmured Damian."It is the familiar of Hades, how did you summon it?"

"I KILLED HADES "grinned Harut."I absorbed his remaining powers giving me control of his familiars during the Ichor war. You fight well for a vessel, but unless you harness your true powers you'll end up like him"

"Onekoioi liertu piyoekraekli users" commanded Harut to the beastly dog.

"I'll be taking my leave now," he said returning to the ground.

The dog leapt towards Damian. He was in too much shock to move. Hades, He had killed one of the greater gods, it was not something easy to do. He called him a vessel, but Damian did not have any powers of any god. The dog landed in front of him showing off his 6 sets of teeth. He briefly thought at least I go down fighting a fallen angel instead of cowering in the institute.

The dog was suddenly taken off his feet and crashed into the rubble of a building next to them. Pearl grinned back at him."Forgot me, brother?"

"I actually did" he replied

"NOT FUNNY, what is the point of me coming whit you if you forget I'm even there in the first place".She sounded very annoyed

"Ok let's kill this deviled angel before he escapes."

"Uhhhhhhh ... he returned to the shadow realm," Rose said, exasperated. Dark wisps of smoke remained where Harut had been previously standing, small amounts of blood were still on the ground like paint."Check if his familiar is still there "

"It is, "said Damian cautiously ."I can see it struggling under the rubble"Few of the small rocks moved and he heard a growling sound from the direction of the rubble.

"Leave it, we need to deal with the mortal and then report back to the M.I"

"Yeah yeah, you go on ahead and check on Rose, ill come in a minute"He walked towards the ruble."OK, But don't get into more trouble, we already let Harut escape ".She summoned the power of the venturi to speed her travel to Rose.

Cereberus managed to get out of the rubble and snarled at the onlooker. Damian felt some sort of connection towards the dog. He held out his hand. The dog reluctantly stepped forward. His hand almost touched the dogs head when it was covered with a glowing light.

"Ah well, "Damian thought in his mind"looks like Harut is summoning him back" When the glowing light went away the massive three-headed dog was gone. A note fluttered through the air. Scribbled on it was -"Σας περιμένω, Γιος των Χαδίδων".He learnt greek as one of the linguistic subjects to learn in the institute.

He read it out loud to no one in particular."I await you . . ."The world around went silent as if waiting for him to finish. He read out the last line, it came out as a silent croak.

"Son of Hades"

0