Chapter 2-Explanation
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose

Here she was again. Tending mortals, Pearl and Damian always gave her that role. This particular mortal was especially annoying and very inquisitive. They were lounging in her 'water bubble' as  Rose and Damian called it. She had met the siblings two years ago, after being transferred to the M.I, and they all had become great friends. Though much had transpired during that time.

"What is that thing anyway?"Asked the mortal. She had forgotten how much mortals didn't know about the world in general.

"That is what we call a fallen angel"answered Rose. 

"So demons, gods, angels and monsters all exist?".He must be feeling scared after seeing the fallen angel she thought. She glanced at him and was surprised to see that he looked greatly amused.

"We don't know much, it's prohibited to talk about the Great Ichor War. Apparently, the demons annihilated the gods in 2000, the angels, under the authority of the gods, in turn, exorcised the demons. Some of the angels accompanied the demons and came to be known as fallen angels, infused with demon ichor. Most of the demon race was wiped off and so were most of the gods. The gods lived on the fuel of belief and as long as humans believed, they lived. So the core gods were left alive namely: Fire, Water, Wind and Electricity.

"Huh, Electricity is an element?. Shouldn't it be Earth like in Avatar ?" asked the mortal.

"You mortals use electricity and uproot trees and build cities which in turn destroys the earth or Geb according to Egyptian mythology. On the other hand, these activities this fuels the life of electrical or lightning-related gods such as Indra, Zeus and Jupiter. Though their physical form has been permanently destroyed"

"Also, You still watch Avatar?"She snickered. 

Simon flushed "What!?,Am I not allowed to? Also, my name is Simon, not mortal"

"Oh, you are. If you are a 9-year-old,"

Simon looked puzzled and Rose managed to discern it."What?"

"I still don't get how Zeus, Indra and Jupiter are all lightning gods but are separate."

"I never said they were separate. They are the same god."

"But ho-"A massive purple rune circle appeared in the sky. Out of it appeared a three-headed dog.

"No way that's The Cereberus.Probably some random hellhound" she said. But she didn't believe it herself, the sheer size of the creature was massive.

"Shouldn't you go help them?" asked Simon. He wanted to see the creature up close, all this talk about gods and demons had fired him up. He wanted to leap into action and fight but he was pretty sure that the dog would just use him as a chew toy no matter how many uppercuts he did.

Rose bit her lip. She wanted to go so badly and help them but she knew that she had to trust and believe that her comrades will take care of it."

"Im on babysitting duty, I can't leave my post unattended"

"Babysitting duty? Hey ! Don't need to be rude." 

"Says the 15-year-old who watches Avatar," murmured Rose. " I'm guarding you instead of helping my friends so be grateful".

A figure floated through the air from the battle towards them. It reached them hovering on the top. She couldn't clearly see through the water but she recognized it humanoid shape to be either Pearl or Damian.

"HEY," said the voice from above. She recognized the breathy voice to be Pearl's." OPEN YOUR WATER BUBBLE FOR ME "requested Pearl floating through the air.

"We never decided to call it water bubble" sighed Rose. She raised her hands feeling the water pulsing and made the water forming an arc allowing Pearl to enter."So, did you exorcise Harut ?"

"Sadly no, He engaged us with his massive familiar and while took care of it and Damian just stood drooling  after some purplish flame erupted from his scythe, Harut returned to the shadow realm via creepiness" She moved close to Rose and whispered."Why is the mortal still here?"

"I can still hear you," said Simon tilting his head towards them."Why do you always call me mortals, it's not as if you people are -- WAIT, are you guys immortal?

"Yes, we are immortals and we will now smite you for interfering in our business" replied Pearl making her eyes wide and putting her arms in a menacing pose as if doing it will scare him. Instead, his eyes bulged as if asking for more information.

"Ok that's enough, no we are not immortals. And its time for you to go back to your normal life" She said trying not to sound wistful. Though leading a life of a spirit user was fun and exciting it had its consequences. Any spirit user under the age of 20 and over the age of 13 should be staying at the M.I and had to leave their families to avoid danger to them. In fact, they had to cut all ties to the mortal world, your family and friends lost forever.

"Yeah yeah, how are you going to erase my memory though? asked Simon. Maybe he could run away before they erase his memory and then follow them when they return to their organization or team. Then he will make them recruit him.

"With the nemosyne, where is it anyway?"

"It's in Damian's pocket, where is he? asked Rose.

"He said to go on ahead and he'll co-Well, speak of the devil"

Damian arrived lost in thought and bumped into the water barrier, propelling him backwards. He swore loudly as he crashed into the shale."Language Potts, it's your fault not seeing what's in front of you"

"Whats the mortal still doing here?" asked Damian. He was thinking about whether he should tell the others about the purple flame though he knew Pearl had seen it.

"I need the nemosyne to erase his memory. You kept it in your pocket. Give it"

"Here" He reached his hand into his pocket, pulled out the pen-like object and passed it on to Rose. She, Pearl and him had become great friends over 2 years and hoped to form an astraserra. An astraserra is a group of four people having 4 of the main elements but they were missing a member of volture, mortals given the power electricity.No one would form one with them after they had screwed up their first mission and considering the incident with Russel.

"This is a nemosyne. It can erase the memory of a mortal as long as he or she does not want to or has ichor in their blood" explained Rose twirling the pen-like object which was a gift to the spirit-users by Mnemosyne, the goddess of memory.

"We didn't ask for a history lesson. Just do it, I want to go back to the cohort and sleep "

Rose smiled at her scornfully, Pearl smiled back. She took the nemosyne and hovered it over Simon's head but nothing happened."Stop"

"Stop what?"He asked

"Stop resisting, it won't work unless you really want to become like us "answered Rose.

 "Well, what if I want to? You cant stop me if I want to become like you guys, fighting weird birds"

"That was not a bird" she snapped" Becoming a spirit user means abandoning the mortal world. You have to cut your relationships with your parents and friends ."

Everyone stared at her in awe. She rarely raised her voice and she knew it. Becoming a spirit user was a sensitive topic for her" My mother is dead and my father abandoned me, my friends are not real and I have to go to a government school. I want to do something in my life other than studying aimlessly" Simon replied looking down at his feet.

"I'm sorry. I didn't kno-" said Rose sounding guilty.

"It's fine. Just tell me how to become one."He smiled at them.

"Well, you need to claim your spirit first at M.I ascension chamber. It might not work for all so don't get you hopes up" answered Damian."I'll open the dimensional portal to Dubai"

"Dubai?"

"The nearest access point to the ascension chamber is there"

Damian took out an odd-looking box and opened it. The box had a keypad and he punched the code 4-21-2-9 into it. The destination bar on the holographic screen set to Dubai and a swirling vortex opened in front of them. In the distance, she could see the skeleton of the world tallest tower, inducing forgotten memories.

They entered the vortex.

0