Chapter 28
1.5k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Xiao Ning had expected, the training ground became silent after he finished speaking. Xiao Ning stood calmly with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face. 

Xiao Ning had already expected that apart from Xiao Yan and Xun Er, nobody would challenge him. Anyway, the result would not change.  

After seeing that no one came forward to object, the second elder coughed lightly and said, "From today, Xiao Ning is the....."  Before he could complete his words, everyone heard a soft yet determined voice, "Second Elder, I think brother Xiao Yan is more suitable as the next clan leader." 

Everyone, including the second elder's expression, changed after hearing this voice. In their opinion, even if Xiao Ning was considerate enough and spoke openly. Yet, it did not change the fact that they chose him as the next head. 

Now, someone dared object openly; how could they not get angry? As they looked in the direction from where the voice came, their faces stiffened. 

It was Xun Er who had just spoken. On the one hand, Xiao Zhan and others felt their faces publicly smacked; yet, after remembering Xiao Xun Er's mysterious background, they did not dare to act hard.  

Xiao Zhan and others felt sorry for Xiao Ning. Complex expression appeared in their eyes, yet what surprised them was that Xiao Ning still had a calm expression on his face as if it had nothing to do with him. 

The rest of the guests also looked at Xiao Ning with interest, and they wanted to see how he would deal with this situation. No one was unfamiliar with Xiao Yan; moreover, the latter has regained his talent and leaped 5-stars in a year. 

......

Even though it was a bit unexpected; still, the situation did not differ from what Xiao Ning had thought. 

"Cousin Xiao Yan is the number one genius of our Xiao Clan, and he can challenge me anytime, but, cousin Xun Er, to me, it seems to be your idea." He smiled and spoke politely. 

"Cousin Xiao Yan never once said that he wants to compete with me. Don't create friction between us without any reason." Xiao Ning still smiled, yet his tone became sharp in the end.

After hearing Xiao Ning's words, everyone nodded and cast a strange look at Xiao Xun Er. 

"You..." Xun Er was at a loss for words after hearing him. She just wanted to support Xiao Yan, who knew it would lead to this. 

Xiao Yan stood dazed and didn't understand what had just happened as he hesitated; Xun Er stepped forward and spoke first.

At the same time, Xiao Zhan and the elders looked at Xiao Yan. They wanted to know what choice would he make. 

......

Xiao Yan stood in a daze; he almost couldn't register what had just happened. As he hesitated to speak, Xun Er took the first step and spoke for him. 

He felt conflicted on one side, his father was looking at him with expectation, and on the other hand, Xun Er calmly looked gazed at him. 

"Teacher, what should I do?" Xiao Yan spoke in his mind. 

"Xiao Yan, whatever you choose, the teacher will always support you." Yao Lao expressed his opinion. 

Xiao Yan turned his head, he looked at Xun Er's eyes, and a smile formed on his face, "Cousin Xiao Ning, accept my challenge!" After talking with Yao Lao, he calmed and chose to support Xun Er's claim. 

Xiao Zhan and three elders were disappointed after hearing Xiao Yan's words, yet they did not say anything. They could only clench their teeth and watch.

......

Xiao Ning was not surprised after knowing Xiao Yan's choice, or he wanted the latter to choose this. He smiled and gestured Xiao Yan to come on the stage. 

"Xiao Ning, be lenient, don't injure him; after all, everyone is Xiao Clan." The second elder hesitated for a moment and spoke before he left the stage. 

"The second elder, rest assured." Xiao Ning waved his hand. He only wanted to beat him up for his sister and had no other intention. 

......

Xiao Ning and Xiao Yan stood opposite each other with some distance in between.

Xiao Ning stood in his position with no intention of making the first move, and a faint sneer appeared on his face. He was many times stronger than before. A few black-grade dou techniques could not fill this gap. 

Xiao Yan's Dou Qi riled up; he bounced off the ground and lept at Xiao Ning. He extended his hand, curved his palm, and suddenly straightened it after getting close. 

Xiao Ning smirked, and his skin color changed to light gold. Under the sunlight, it seemed as if the Sun deity himself appeared. 

'Black Grade: Fire Palm!' Xiao Yan extended his palm, transmitted a powerful force. 'Idiot,' he secretly muttered in his heart after seeing that Xiao Ning had no intention of dodging his attack. 

'Thud!' Everyone heard the sound of two metal's colliding with each other. Xiao Ning's expression did not change; he touched his chest and thought, 'His attack is no better than a scratch.' 

Xiao Yan, who stood and waited to see his reaction; Began to doubt the authenticity of this dou technique after seeing his dull face. 

'Yellow Grade: Iron Mountain Fist!' Xiao Ning's fist darkened, and he vanished from his spot. The next instant, he appeared in front of Xiao Yan and punched him in the chest. 

Xiao Yan was caught unprepared and felt the terrifying strength contained in Xiao Ning's fist. The force threw him back by tens of meters. 

Even though Xiao Ning only used half of his strength still, it was enough to blow Xiao Yan away, who is only a Dou Disciple.

Xiao Ning is not only a 3-star Dou Practitioner, but his physical strength is far greater than anyone at the same cultivation base. 

Pity, Xiao Yan wasn't aware of this and thought that Xiao Ning was an ordinary 3-star Dou Practitioner. 

......

'Pu!' Xiao Yan stood up with great difficulty, spat blood, and staggered again. He clutched his chest and felt that at least one of his bones did crack. 

"You...." Xiao Yan pointed his finger at Xiao Ning but couldn't utter a word and thought, 'How could he be so strong.' 

Xiao Ning looked speechless and looked at his fist again; he never knew the extent of his strength. 'Fortunately, I did not hit him with all of my strength. Otherwise, the consequence is not something I can bear at present,' he thought to himself. 

"Cousin Xiao Yan, it is dangerous to be distracted while fighting. See, you could have easily avoided it but look at you now." Xiao Ning smiled and explained. He intended to ease the atmosphere and transfer the blame to Xiao Yan for getting injured. 

Surely, after hearing Xiao Ning's words, the atmosphere did lighten, and everyone thoughtfully looked at Xiao Yan. Almost everyone was aware of 'Iron Mountain Fist' and knew that it was not enough to hurt him to this extent. 

Yet, they didn't experience Xiao Yan's pain; otherwise, no one would have dared to entertain this thought. 

......

The second elder rushed to the stage and declared Xiao Ning as the winner and quickly took Xiao Yan away. Anyhow, he also a genius of the Xiao Clan. No one wanted him to suffer a hidden injury. 

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

19