Chapter 29
1.4k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time flowed like water, and six months passed since the Coming Age of Ceremony. Over this period, many things happened. 

Xiao Ning took Ya Fei to meet his grandfather and his sister, and after that, they became even closer. 

Xiao Ning's grandfather was shocked after seeing Ya Fei with his grandson, and it took him a while to process it. 

What surprised Xiao Ning was that his sister and Ya Fei became close friends and would go out together to shop from time to time. 

Furthermore, Xiao Ning tested his attribute affinity again, and the result was what he had expected; in addition to the fire attribute, he gained an additional wood attribute. He believed his wood attribute was due to Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva. 

Unlike others, Xiao Ning didn't fancy any Qi Method and pretended to choose one to cover up his 'Budha Battle Art.' 

The past six months can be said dull and exciting at the same time. After the Ceremony, Xiao Ning rarely appeared outside; he either trained his Dou Qi and dou techniques or practiced alchemy.

In this period, not only his understanding of alchemy deepened; Xiao Ning also absorbed the information on the medicinal ingredients and enriched his foundations. 

Furthermore, he successfully refined a first-tier 'Wound Healing Pill' and consolidated his rank as a 1-star alchemist. In the process, Xiao Ning's cultivation base increased to 9-star Dou Practitioner.

Yet, he didn't try to refine a second-tier medicinal pill. According to the scroll, Xiao Ning needed to be a Dou Master before refining a second-tier pill. 

Xiao Ning was surprised after studying this. Yet after he read further, it became clear to him. 

It is all dependent on spiritual strength. Even though Xiao Ning's mental strength exceeds others at the same stage; yet, he didn't have a cultivation technique to train it. 

Currently, the only way to increase his mental strength is to breakthrough and enter the Dou Master realm. It was also the natural way. 

Even though Xiao Ning's spiritual strength is better than others in the Dou Practitioner realm, still, he did not rush to refine a second-tier pill. Anyway, soon, he would break through the Dou Master realm; why should he take risks?

......

Xiao Ning remained quite vigilant in these six months and expected Xiao Yan and Xun Er would not let the matter slide easily. Yet, they did nothing and acted as if everything was alright. 

......

Xiao Ning finished his daily Dou Qi cultivation and opened his eyes; a greed-gold-colored light flashed in them before his eyes returned to their original appearance.

'Exhale.' He let out a murky breath, stood up, and glanced outside through the window, "It has been six months." Xiao Ning shook his head and decided to take a stroll. Anyway, he won't break through the Dou Master realm any sooner. 

Xiao Ning attended to his bodily needs and left after wearing a new set of clothes. 

"You brat, where are you going? I haven't seen you in months." As Xiao Ning was about to step outside the clan's gate, he heard his grandfather's voice.

"Wu Tan City." Xiao Ning rolled his eyes and replied. 

"Come with me. Now, you should also participate in the clan's meetings." Xiao Ning's grandfather patted on his shoulder and gestured him to follow.

Xiao Ning nodded and walked with him towards the main hall. 

......

As he entered, Xiao Ning saw the clan leader, and the other two elders' faces were ugly. 

"Greetings Clan Leader, Elders!" Xiao Ning bowed politely. 

After seeing Xiao Ning's actions, their faces improved, and everyone nodded inwardly. 

"Ning'er, come sit." Xiao Zhan waved his hand and gestured the latter to sit.

Xiao Ning was also not polite and took a seat. 

After seeing his performance six months ago, they had already regarded Xiao Ning as an equal.

"Jia Lei Bi brazenly stole our business!" Xiao Zhan coldly said. 

"The condition is worse than what we had expected, our revenue has halved, and the remaining merchants are wavering; if we don't do anything soon, they will switch sides." The second elder elaborated the situation. 

"It is all because of that dammed alchemist." The third elder roared, and naked killing intent flashed in his eyes. 

Helplessness flashed in Xiao Zhan's eyes, and even he wanted to finish off that alchemist, yet, this was not possible. The latter had two Dou Grandmaster's beside him as bodyguards. 

After hearing their conversation, Xiao Ning suddenly remembered that something like this had happened. 

"Uncle Zhan, I have a proposal." 

Xiao Zhan, who was lost in his thoughts, recovered after hearing his words and said, "Feel free to speak." Their original intention was to let Xiao Ning come in contact with the clan affairs and broaden his views. 

Now that Xiao Ning has taken the initiative to speak, Xiao Zhan nodded without any hesitation. 

"What if we had a first-tier alchemist?" Xiao Ning probed. 

Xiao Zhan sighed after hearing Xiao Ning's words and thought, 'After all, he is still a youngster."

The second elder kindly guided, "Xiao Ning, there is no first-tier alchemist present, even if there were to be one, our Xiao Clan can't afford one at the moment."

Xiao Ning became speechless after hearing their words and knew that they had misunderstood the meaning behind his words. 

"Uncle Zhan, Second Elder, I meant I am a first-tier alchemist." 

'Silence!' The four became silent after hearing Xiao Ning's words and looked at him in shock. 

"You brat, it is not the time to joke." Xiao Ning's grandfather glared at him, and even he couldn't believe Xiao Ning's words. 

Xiao Ning took out a jade bottle and handed it over to Xiao Zhan and said, "Uncle Zhan, take a look at it; I have refined this." 

The elder's eyes shined after looking at Xiao Ning's actions, and they somewhat believed him. 

Xiao Zhan cautiously took the jade bottle and opened it. A weak medicinal fragrance wafted out. He intently gazed at the dark-red paste. 

While Xiao Zhan was not an alchemist himself, still, he could recognize that this was a first-tier Elixir. 

Xiao Zhan returned the jade bottle to Xiao Ning, and a happy expression appeared on his face.

He laughed loudly, "Our Xiao Clan is blessed." 

"Xiao Ning, when did you learn alchemy?" The second elder asked, and the rest of them also looked at him. 

"Over the last six months." Xiao Ning hesitated for a moment before he replied. 

"Xiao Ning, your teacher....." Before the second elder could finish his question, Xiao Ning said, "Second Elder, I can not answer that." 

After hearing his reply, the eyes flashed and nodded; It is already a blessing that Xiao Ning turned out to be a first-tier alchemist. They swallowed back the greedy thoughts that had just appeared in their minds. 

Xiao Ning waved his finger, and numerous jade bottles appeared in the main hall. "Uncle Zhan, I hope these are enough at the moment." 

Their throats became dry after looking at the jade bottles, and Xiao Zhan asked, "Ning'er, did you refine all of these?" 

"Yes, Uncle Zhan." Xiao Ning nodded. He glanced at the remaining bottles within the storage ring, and his mouth twitched. 

17