Chapter 36
1.4k 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At present, Xiao Ning focused on recovering his Dou Qi and didn't notice their reaction. This battle allowed him to have a better understanding of his strength. After this, he was confident enough to go toe to toe against a high-level Dou Master. 

Moreover, if he were to include, the 'Golden Budha Flame,' he can deliver a fatal injury to a Dou Grandmaster with his current strength. 

Suddenly, the drop of blood within his Qi-Cyclone began to shake, and it started releasing vast amounts of energy. 

Xiao Ning was stunned by this change. Still, he reacted quickly and controlled his Dou Qi, and refine the pure energy. 

A golden sheen appeared on Xiao Ning's body as it sucked the energy from his surroundings. 

......

Before Xiao Yan could step forward, everyone noticed the changes in the surrounding energy. After looking at the direction of the energy flow, they became sluggish. 

At this moment, they felt that the witch living in the academy was more humane as compared to him. 

Some even intended to disturb Xiao Ning and prevent him from breaking through. 

Rou Lin, who had yet to stabilize her emotions, felt more shock after seeing his condition. 'How can this brat be so careless?' She thought in her mind. 

The more Xiao Ning showed his potential more reluctant she became to allow him to take the leave. She said, "Today's recruitment is over. Everyone can leave. Be sure to come back after seven days." 

Now that Teacher Rou Lin had spoken, they had to listen to her and began to leave. After a while, apart from the senior students, only Xiao Clan members were present. 

Rou Lin stood near Xiao Ning to protect him. How could she not? Xiao Ning is the most talented student she ever met. 

......

Xiao Ning focused on refining the energy released by the drop of blood. Obviously, he was not stupid enough breakthrough the next rank unless he was sure of his safety. 

Soon, new drops of Dou Qi entered his Qi-Cyclone, and the agitated drop of blood calmed down. 

'Thud!' Xiao Ning heard a shattering sound from within his body, and he became 2-star Dou Master. Like in the past, the Qi-Cyclone circulated Dou Qi throughout his body and nourished it. 

As Xiao Ning opened his eyes, a green-gold colored light flashed in them. He bowed and said, "Thank you, Teacher Rou Lin, for going easy on me and protecting me." 

Rou Lin glared at Xiao Ning and said, "Okay, you brat! Leave before I change my mind." 

Xiao Ning smiled bitterly and quickly walked up to his sister. He looked at others and nodded politely. 

......

"Teacher?" Xiao Yan called out in his mind. 

"Huh! What happened, little brat?" Yao Lao's lazy voice sounded in his mind. 

"Does Xiao Ning also owns a 'Heavenly Flame?' Xiao Yan eagerly asked. 

Yao Lao scanned with his mental strength and shook his head, "Brat, how could he possibly have a 'Heavenly Flame.'"

Xiao Yan nodded, but he still felt Xiao Ning's green-gold colored flame was unusual. 

After comparing himself to Xiao Ning, he felt more pressure and became more determined to leave with Yao Lao to train. 

On the other side, Xiao Yu and others felt more complicated. They initially thought of reducing the gap between Xiao Ning and them, but only did they notice that the gap increased again. 

......

"Sister, let's return," After a few moments, Xiao Ning spoke. 

Xiao Yu nodded; she walked up to Rou Lin and said, "Teacher, why don't you live in Xiao Clan for the next seven days?" 

Hearing her words, Rou Lin became startled and hesitated. The academy had already arranged a place for them. She also understood that if she agreed to stay in the Xiao Clan, it would send a message that the academy favored Xiao Clan. She glanced at Xiao Ning and her eyes shined.

Xiao Yu noticed her gaze and immediately gestured her brother to come forward. 

Xiao Ning glared at his sister; still, he came forward and said, "Teacher, as the young clan head, I invite you to stay at the Xiao Clan." 

Rou Lin smiled gently, "How can I reject clan leader Xiao." She laughed and waved at students and said, "Girls come with me, and boys report to the lodge arranged by the academy. 

Looking at Teacher Rou Lin's expression, Xiao Ning felt as if he had been fooled. He patted his forehead, yet there was nothing he could do now. 

......

Soon, the group returned to the Xiao Clan, and Xiao Ning left everything to his sister and fled the scene. It made Xiao Yu smiled bitterly; still, she completed her duty and introduced them to the present clan leader and the three elders. 

After learning everything from Xiao Yu's mouth, Xiao Zhan decisively ordered the clan members to clean rooms for them. 

......

Xiao Ning returned to Wu Tan city and went to Premier Auction House. He met Gu Ni and asked the latter to prepare a few sets of medicinal material. After that, he spent some time with Ya Fei before going back to the clan. 

......

Over the next few days, Rou Lin failed to find Xiao Ning's silhouette in the clan. As Xiao Ning thought, she really planned to let an academy student seduce him and make Xiao Ning follow them to the academy. 

Pity, neither did she find Xiao Ning, and even if she did, her plan was destined to fail because none of them could compare to Ya Fei. 

......

Xiao Ning didn't have any clue about this and as to why no one could find him; because he stayed with Ya Fei. Apart from spending time with her, he continued to train his dou techniques.

In a few days, Xiao Ning became more proficient and could control two strands of flame at the same time. Now, Xiao Ning had to wait for Gu Ni to collect the medicinal ingredients. 

He decided to refine a batch of second-tier pill, 'Meridian Raise Pill,' before leaving. 

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

18