Chapter 37
1.4k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the next few days, Xiao Ning stabilized his cultivation. He closed up to refine 'Meridian Raising Pill' after receiving the ingredients from Gu Ni. 

After the latter learned that Xiao Ning would refine a second-tier pill, Gu Ni offered his alchemy room.  On one side, he wanted to maintain a good relation with Xiao Ning, and on the other side, Gu Ni himself wanted to see whether or not Xiao Ning can refine a second-tier pill. 

It took him five years to become a second-tier Alchemist, and now after finding out, Xiao Ning became one in less than a year, how could it not shock him?

......

At this moment, Ya Fei and Gu Ni eagerly looked towards the closed wooden door, and there was a hint of anticipation in their eyes. It has been more than two days since Xiao Ning entered the room. 

If it were not for the frequent waves of heat released through the crack on the side, they would have rushed inside to check his condition. 

'Click!' After some time, the door opened, and a figure with messy hair stepped out. Even after constantly refining pills for two days straight, Xiao Ning's face showed no sign of exhaustion. 

'Huh!' He seemed surprised after seeing Ya Fei and Gu Ni waiting for him. 

"Nephew Ning did you succeed in refining the second-tier pill?" Before Xiao Ning could speak, Gu Ni asked. 

In return, he subconsciously nodded his head. 

A shock appeared on their faces, and both of them knew that it was his first time refining a second-tier pill. He succeeded in his first try. 

Xiao Ning wasn't aware of their thoughts; otherwise, he would have laughed. He refined the 'Meridian Raising Pill' on the first day and refined other pills necessary for his journey. 

Gu Ni wanted to ask him more questions, but after he sensed Ya Fei's gaze, he chose not to. He found a reason and quickly left the scene. 

Xiao Ning shook his head and smiled after seeing this. The two of them returned to Ya Fei's room. 

......

"Fei'er, take this and refine it." Xiao Ning handed her a 'Meridian Raising Pill' after entering the room. 

She looked at the round pill in her hand and felt warm in her heart. Ya Fei nodded and sat cross-legged on the bed. 

Xiao Ning sat behind her and spoke, "Take off your upper clothes." She trusted him and, without any hesitation, took off her garments. Xiao Ning also did the same. 

The next second, Xiao Ning saw the familiar enchanting back. Yet, he didn't have the luxury to enjoy the view. 

"Consume the pill!" He spoke softly and hugged her from behind. Xiao Ning's body glowed in a green-gold color. 

Ya Fei consumed the pill in her hand, and it melted after entering her mouth. It turned into fiery energy, passed down her throat, and surrounded her Qi Paths. 

The next second, she felt a burning sensation all over her body, and her facial expressions changed. Ya Fei felt as if thousands of needles pierced her body at the same time. 

"Focus," Xiao Ning's gentle voice entered her ears; she gritted her teeth and endured the pain. 

The green-gold glow on Xiao Ning increased as his Dou Qi surged. He was not a Dou Grandmaster and couldn't release his Dou Qi outside his body. 

Xiao Ning's only option was to have ski contact with Ya Fei and use his Dou Qi to warm her body. Moreover, he also added a trace of 'Golden Budha Flame' for additional protection. 

Everything went smoothly, and after an hour of continuous grilling of the fiery energy, her Qi Path's expanded and became more robust. 

At the same time, thanks to Xiao Ning warming her body using his Dou Qi, Ya Fei broke through and became 7-star Dou Practitioner. 

As she opened her eyes, a lovely smile bloomed on her face. She felt Xiao Ning's head on her shoulder, and the latter breathed evenly. 

While Xiao Ning looked okay; it was natural that continuously practicing alchemy for two consecutive days took a toll on his body. Furthermore, he used the remaining Dou Qi to help Ya Fei. 

She frowned, and distress appeared on her face. Ya Fei gently placed him on the bed, lay beside him, and rested her head on his chest. 

......

The next day, Xiao Ning woke up full of energy; he smiled after seeing Ya Fei sleeping next to him. He wanted to wake her up, but in the end, he decided not to. 

'Maybe it is better this way,' Xiao Ning thought to himself. He kissed her forehead and walked out after wearing his clothes. 

A tear slipped down Ya Fei's cheeks after he left, and she knew that it would be a long time before he returns. 

......

'Sigh!' 'It's time,' Xiao Ning returned to the clan and headed straight towards his grandfather's house. 

"Ning'er, you are back," Xiao Ning's grandfather taunted. Others might not know where his grandson was; how could he not know?

Xiao Ning smiled bitterly and didn't retort; instead, he came forward and sat opposite him. "Grandfather, I am leaving." After a while, Xiao Ning spoke with a calm face. 

"It contains 'Meridian Raising Pills' for you and Xiao Yu." Xiao Ning took out a jade bottle from his storage ring containing two round pills and handed it over. After that, he stood up, bowed to his grandfather, and left. 

Long after Xiao Ning left, he picked up the jade bottle with his trembling hands. As an experienced man, he understood its value. A first-tier pill was enough to shake the Wu Tan City, not to mention two second-tier pellets with him. 

He felt more satisfied with his grandson, and a look of pride appeared on his face. 

......

"Ning'er, wait." As Xiao Ning walked out of the clan's gates, he heard a heavy voice. 

He turned around and found Xiao Zhan standing behind him. The latter came forward, patted his shoulder, and handed him a storage ring. 

"Always put your safety first. Remember, you are the next clan leader." He left after speaking this. 

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

18