Chapter 39
1.5k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sunlight entered the room through the window, Xiao Ning yawned and rubbed his eyes. He got out of the bed and lazily stretched his body. A bright light flashed in his eyes, Xiao Ning's mental strength recovered. 

He bathed, changed into a new set of clothes, and sat on the chair after filling his stomach with food. In front of him, Xiao Ning placed the black stone he purchased yesterday. 

He casually picked it and thought of the way to remove the outer shell. Xiao Ning tried to cut the stone using his Dou Qi, yet there was not a single scratch on its surface. 

The failure didn't disappoint him; if it were this simple, anyone could have taken out the treasure within. A green-gold flame appeared on his right palm and enveloped the black stone. 

Xiao Ning solemnly looked at the black stone being grilled. He deliberately suppressed the temperature to prevent the object within the rock from being ruined. Otherwise, his efforts would be fruitless. 

After a while, the black stone turned red; seeing this, he slowly raised the temperature. Soon, the outer layer began to melt, and he noticed a shiny red light beneath it. 

He barely controlled his excitement and concentrated on removing the outer layer of rock. Soon, a red crystal appeared in his sight. 

Xiao Ning grabbed it with his left hand and burned off the remaining stone to ash. The flame on his palm vanished, and he focused on the red crystal. 

His mastery over 'Fire Controlling Art' has increased, and this entire time, the fire did not affect the room's temperature. As if the flame was never present in the first place. 

'Huh!' A shock appeared on his face, and later it turned into joy. He never expected to find something of such high value in this small town. 

The red crystal was a fire-type magical beast core; moreover, it was at least rank-5 monster core. Xiao Ning did not dare to think any higher. He cautiously placed it inside a jade box and stored it inside his storage ring. 

Only now did he noticed the sweat on his forehead and laughed bitterly. Even with his mentality, he couldn't remain calm. After a few moments, he shifted his attention towards the black scroll and took it out. 

He opened the scroll, placed it on the table, and began reading it. 'It seems that I underestimated uncle Zhan's sincerity,' Xiao Ning closed the scroll and thought. 

The scroll recorded Xiao Clan's top dou technique 'Black Grade: Mid Level! Lions' Fury!' He sat cross-legged on the bed and began to recall its training method. 

......

After an hour, Xiao Ning woke up from his meditation with a smile on his face. He comprehended the technique, and the only thing left was to incorporate it with his 'Golden Budha Flame.' He'd be stupid if he didn't utilize his flame's full potential. 

Xiao Ning's purpose for stopping in Qingshan Town's was to meet Xiao Xi Yian. At least now, he was not interested in her beauty. He wanted to follow her to find the treasure hidden in the Magic Beast Range. 

Ferocious magic beasts roamed in the Magic Beast Mountain Range, and traveling alone meant death. Only a few certain strong people dared to enter alone, and the rest entered in groups.

......

Xiao Ning passed through the bustling market; he raised his eyes, looked at the sky, and estimated that there was still some time before the mercenaries would start leaving in groups. 

He glanced at the 'Thousand Medicinal House' and decided to make a short stop and try his luck. As he entered the spacious store, a surprised expression appeared on his face. 

Unlike yesterday, the store was empty, and only two people were present. One of them was a middle-aged man, and the other was a beautiful lady. After Seeing them, Xiao Ning's eyes lit up, and he secretly thought, 'My luck is surprisingly good today.' 

Even though this was the first time he saw her; still, Xiao Ning recognized Xiao Xi Yian dressed in pale white clothes. While she may not be the most beautiful woman he had seen, she certainly possessed a unique charm; Especially, her narrow and delicate waist bound by a purple belt. 

While seeing her here surprised him a little, Xiao Ning's face still had a calm expression. 

"Guest, the store is closed for the next three days; you can come again afterward." Xiao Xi Yian said softly with a lovely smile on her face. She also noticed Xiao Ning as the latter entered the shop. 

To her surprise, Xiao Ning's expression did not change the entire time; moreover, the latter's eyes were clear without any hint of greed. Coupled with his handsome face, she couldn't help but again look at him. 

As she came forward, Xiao Xi Yian felt her heartbeat increase, and a sense of longing appeared in her mind. A red blush appeared on her lovely face making her more enchanting. 'Xi Yian, calm down, what are you thinking?' she muttered in her heart. 

Doubt appeared in Xiao Ning's mind after looking at her red face, and he calmly asked, "Miss, are you alright?" 

Xiao Xi Yian was startled after hearing his words, and she hastily replied, "I am alright." 'He doesn't know me. Understandably, he is not a resident of this town,' she thought to herself. 

"Okay," Xiao Ning nodded and turned around to leave. 

"Wait!" She blurted out. "Can you tell me your name?" Xiao Xi Yian added. 

Xiao Ning stopped, turned around, and a faint smile appeared on his face after looking at her red face. "Xiao Ning," he spoke calmly. 

"Xiao Xi Yian," she replied in a mosquito-like voice. 

"Miss Xi Yian, we will meet again." After speaking, Xiao Ning left. There was already a woman waiting for him back at home, so how could Xiao Ning provoke another?

Seeing his decisive departure, Xiao Xi Yian stood stunned and recovered after a while. 

What Xiao Ning did not expect was that his distant attitude only made her more interested in him. 

20