Chapter 40
1.4k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking out of the store, Xiao Ning hid in a corner, changed his clothes, and wore the white fox mask he had purchased. Even though his strength ranked top among the people in this town; still, it should not be the reason for not being cautious. 

Now that he would enter the Magic Beast Mountain Range, Xiao Ning took all possible measures to defend against a stab in the back. 

After hiding his identity, Xiao Ning satisfied walked out and headed towards the gate of the town. Soon, he reached the exit. 

'It seems I arrived a little early,' Xiao Ning thought after looking at the empty area. He shook his head, leaned against a tree, closed his eyes, and waited for mercenaries to gather. 

After a while, mercenaries arrived and started forming different groups. Still, Xiao Ning did not move and continued to rest. Many people noticed him but shook their heads after watching the fox mask. 

No one would easily approach a stranger who hid his identity; after all, entering the Magic Beast Mountain with such a person could turn out to be lethal. 

Suddenly a person shouted, "The 'Thousand Medicinal House' is planning to enter the Magic Beast Mountain Range, and Fairy Doctor would accompany them." His voice caused a great commotion among the people present. 

Who in the town did not know Fairy Doctor? Who did not wanted to accompany her and win her heart? The answer is everyone. Even the married men were no exception. 

"There are fifty positions, and only people with 2-star Dou Practitioner and above will be accepted. Hurry up!" The middle-aged man continued. 

As his voice dropped, mercenaries rushed to get a spot, and it was only a matter of time before the slots would fill up. 

......

Xiao Ning, who leaned against the tree, opened his eyes, appeared in the crowd, and said, "I want a spot." 

After hearing his voice, everyone curiously looked at him. Even though Xiao Ning covered his face with a mask, still, they could estimate his age and were surprised. 

"Boy, return to the place from where you came from. Don't cause trouble here." One of the men in the crowd said coldly. He was angry because Xiao Ning spoke before him and took the last position. 

"Ha Ha!" Hearing his words, the crowd laughed at Xiao Ning. Even the middle-aged man looked at Xiao Ning to see his response. 

Xiao Ning turned his head, looked at the ordinary-looking man who spoke. He stepped off the ground, disappeared in front of many surprised eyes, and appeared behind him. 

Before the man could react, Xiao Ning raised his right arm, and his hand glowed in green-gold color; he made a hand-knife and hit the latter's neck. 

'Thump!' The man fainted and fell on the ground. 

"Who else has a problem?" Xiao Ning asked in an indifferent voice. 

'Hiss!' Everyone sucked in a cold breath and felt a chill on their backs. All of them were experienced mercenaries who have gone through many life and death battles. They estimated that he was at least a 4-star Dou Practitioner. 

After seeing that no one else spoke, the middle-aged man came forward and said, " Little brother, the last spot is yours. The pay is five hundred gold coins, and your job is to escort the 'Thousand Medicinal House.' " 

 "Here, take it. I will pay you the rest after we return." The middle-aged man handed him a bag of gold coins and gestured him to stand with others. 

......

Soon, the group left the town and entered the forest. Xiao Ning looked at the mercenaries, and a light flashed in his eyes. Thirty out of fifty wore an identical wolf badge on their clothes and belonged to 'Wolf Head Company.' 

While he has only stayed in the town for a short time, Xiao Ning still recognized 'Wolf Head Company.'

It took them an hour to cross the forest between the town and the Magic Beast Mountain range. Everyone became alert as they stepped into the mountain range. 

One of the experienced men acted as the leader and arranged everyone in a simple formation. 

He placed ten mercenaries, including Xiao Ning, in the front to explore the road ahead. While the thirty people from the 'Wolf Head Company' were responsible for protecting the members of Thousand Medicinal House. 

Many scolded the leader for being partial, but Xiao Ning shook his head. Everything pales in front of absolute strength, and his realm was the highest. 

Anyway, Xiao Ning came to hone his skills, and being in front gave him the chance to do so. 

......

Suddenly, a group of magical beast's emerged and attacked them. Some people around Xiao Ning panicked and couldn't respond in time. 

'Thump!' "Get a hold of yourself," Xiao Ning punched, repelled the beast, and shouted at the mercenary. He only used his Dou Qi while hitting the beast. Otherwise, it would have blasted into pieces instead of being blown back. 

His journey and training would be meaningless if Xiao Ning used his dou techniques and Dou Qi cloak against a first rank magical beast.

Without waiting for the man to respond, Xiao Ning raised his fist, pounced towards the beast, and at the same time, his eyes glanced around vigilantly. 

Xiao Ning quickly overpowered the beast and finished it off by smashing its skull. On the other side,  other mercenaries joined hands and dealt with the remaining magical beasts. 

After this battle, everyone, including the leader, had a new understanding of Xiao Ning's strength. 

Even though Xiao Ning suppressed his strength to 7-star Dou Practitioner, still, coupled with his age, it was enough to shock them. 

Without knowing, he became the core among the ten mercenaries who were chosen to explore the road. 

After seeing this, a cold light flashed in the eyes of a young man. He is the young head of the 'Wolf Head Company.' He could not endure someone else becoming the focus of everyone's attention and secretly decided to deal with Xiao Ning. 

Xiao Ning did not know that someone was targeting him. Even if he knew, Xiao Ning would laugh it off and happily let him know that there are some people you can not afford to offend. 

18