Chapter 46
1.3k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning suppressed his urge to swallow the drop of Geocentric Cleansing Milk on the spot and cautiously stored it inside his storage ring. He changed into a fresh pair of clothes and sat cross-legged to meditate. 

He pondered over the events which took place over the last few hours. Xiao Ning exhaled deeply, 'I still have a lot to learn.' 

As the sun rose, Xiao Ning opened his eyes, stood up, and stretched lazily. 'finally, I am at the peak of 2-star Dou Master,' joy flashed on his face as he thought. 

Not long after he woke up, a commotion occurred outside. Even though he knew what it was about, still, Xiao Ning wore his mask, walked out, and feigned ignorance. 

"How could this happen?" A mercenary spoke; fear was visible on his face. 

'Didn't we clear the surroundings yesterday?" The other asked in confusion. 

Suddenly, one of them noticed something different and said, "Only people from Wolf Head Company died." 

After hearing his words, everyone felt a chill on their backs, and only now did they realize that it was a person and not a magical beast. 

The mercenaries started looking at each other to see if it was one of them who did it. All of them were aquatinted with each other. Finally, everyone turned towards Xiao Ning, who wore the fox mask. 

He was new, and coupled with the strength he revealed, Xiao Ning became the biggest suspect. Yet, no one came forward to accuse him. They were scared of angering him. 

Xiao Ning immediately realized after seeing everyone looking at him; still, he stood calmly. He did not care about their attitude at all. 

This commotion startled the people from the 'Thousand Medicinal House,' and they quickly walked over to check what happened. As a result, the scene frightened them, and they clamored on returning to the town. 

 Xiao Xi Yian did not listen to their conversation; instead, her eyes stayed on Xiao Ning's figure, and her mind was blank. She never imagined that he would take revenge so soon and in such a decisive manner. 

She opened her mouth to speak, but after glancing around, Xiao Xi Yian sighed and shook her head. At present, anything she said won't matter. 

Soon, everyone collected the camping material and started marched back towards the town. The only difference, no one dared to ask Xiao Ning to act as a scout. Moreover, everyone stayed a little farther from him, and this separated him from the rest. 

After seeing this, Xiao Ning's lips twitched, and he did not know whether to laugh or cry. 

It may be because of the bloody aura surrounding Xiao Ning or their good luck that the group did not encounter a single magical beast during their return journey and everyone safely reached the town. 

.....

After entering the town, relief appeared on everyone's faces. Throughout the journey, everyone was worried that Xiao Ning might kill all of them to prevent his secret from spreading. 

One after another, mercenaries took the remaining gold coins and left. Xiao Ning intended to do the same; yet, before he could leave, a slender hand pressed his shoulder. 

Even without turning around, he recognized the owner of the hand and helplessly asked, "What do you want?" His tone was bland. 

Xiao Xi Yian smiled sweetly and said, "Follow me to Thousand Medicinal House." She seemed to ignore the shocked looks other gave her. 

Xiao Ning speechlessly gazed around and understood that she wanted to use him as a shield. His eyes flickered, a mysterious smile appeared on his face, "It is my pleasure." 

Under everyone's shocked gaze, he held her slender hand and walked away. Soon, they passed through several streets and reached the store. 

They entered the shop, passed through the spacious room, and stepped into the interior.  Xiao Xi Yian quickly released his hand and took a few steps away. She pointed at the room towards the top and said, "This is your room." 

Xiao Ning nodded, "Okay." Without delaying any further, he walked up the stairs and entered the room. After seeing this,  Xiao Xi Yian's eyes dimmed. 

......

Xiao Ning did not bother to think about her; he filled the wooden tub with cold water and jumped in it. After a while, he felt refreshed, stood up, and stepped out from it. 

He sat on the soft bed and took out a back scroll from his storage ring. Who could resist the urge to fly? The answer is no one. Even Xiao Ning is the same. Moreover, this dou technique would become one of his hidden methods. 

Xiao Ning took a deep breath and opened the black scroll. His eyes flashed after looking at the pitch-black eagle wings painted on the scroll. 

After suppressing his excitement, Xiao Ning cautiously read the instruction on the side. 

"Purple Cloud Black Fire Eagle, a rank five flying type Magic Beast. It possesses Ancient Phoenix's bloodline and is a rare magical beast." 

He skipped the rest of the introduction and looked at the method to practice this technique. "So that how it is," he muttered after reading the scroll.

Xiao Ning sat cross-legged; he placed his hand over the black-purple wings on the scroll and immediately felt a tyrannical force passing through his palms and attacked his soul. 

His eyes became sluggish for a moment, after which a green-golden light flashed in them. Xiao Ning snorted and his mental strength collided against the Purple Cloud Black Fire Eagle's residual soul. 

After seeing that its direct attack failed, the eagle's soul passed on its cruel thoughts and tried to influence him. 

Even though Xiao Ning did not possess any secret technique to temper his spiritual strength; still, his mental strength was better than others in the same rank. 

Unlike Xiao Yan's method of passively defending against the eagle's attack, Xiao Ning wanted to obliterate it. He focused and condensed his mental strength.

After a few minutes of effort, he succeeded in condensing his mental strength, and with a low shout, it pierced through the eagle's residual soul and cleaved it into two. 

A smile appeared on his slightly pale face; still, he did not hurry and meditated for a while to recover his mental strength. 

Soon, the paleness on his face faded away, and Xiao Ning opened his eyes. He pressed his palms on the black eagle wings on the scroll and circulated his Dou Qi according to the method mentioned. 

The black wings began to shine; after absorbing a certain amount of Dou Qi, it turned into a purple-black light and entered his body. It traveled through his Dou Qi Paths and stopped after reaching Xiao Ning's back. 

The purple-black light began to glow, and slowly it forcefully drilled two new Dou Qi Paths, branching out from the main ones. Xiao Ning gritted his teeth and endured the pain. Even though the pain was intense, he still endured it. 

Finally, after some time, the pain faded away, and joy emerged on his face as he felt two new Dou Qi Paths on his back. 

18