Chapter 47
1.4k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this moment, a mutation occurred, Xiao Ning's green-gold colored 'Battle Budha Art' Dou Qi entered the newly formed Qi Paths. It passed through it and enveloped the purple-black eagle wings tattoo's on his back.

'Argh!' Xiao Ning felt even more intense pain and couldn't help but scream. His mental strength surged he tried to control his Dou Qi.

Yet, an ugly expression appeared on his face when he failed. Soon, his Dou Qi began to erode the eagle wing's tattoo.

'Is it incompatible with my Qi Method?' Xiao Ning thought. Presently nothing was under his control. He could only watch from the sidelines helplessly.

As the tattoo's color started fading, he felt like crying without tears. "Was everything for nothing?"

"No, there must be a way." He muttered and tried to take back the control of his Dou Qi.

After a few minutes of struggle, Xiao Ning finally got back control of his Dou Qi. He wiped off the sweat from his forehead and glanced at the damaged tattoo.

"Fortunately, I stopped it before the core got damaged," he muttered.

While Xiao Ning was no way near creating a dou technique, still, he had an idea that might work.

A solemn expression appeared on his face. Xiao Ning used his mental strength to perceive the residual soul of the eagle within the tattoo. Simultaneously, he enveloped the tattoo with his Dou Qi to protect it from fading away.

After a while, sweat dripped down Xiao Ning's cheeks. His face paled due to the high consumption of his mental strength. Yet, he did not stop searching.

'Yi!' Finally, he felt another presence inside the tattoo.

'Screech!' As Xiao Ning tried to communicate with it, he heard the same eagle's cry.

'Success!' After suppressing his excitement, Xiao Ning controlled his spiritual strength and enveloped it. A purple-black speck appeared in his spiritual space.

Spiritual strength is a mystery for most people, and only certain small groups understand its importance.

For some reason, the cultivation of spiritual strength faded away, and people started focusing on Dou Qi cultivation.

Only Alchemist still paid importance to spiritual strength and used various heavenly treasures to improve their mental power.

Even after reading the entire collection of Xiao clan, he did not find even a bit of information on spiritual strength.

...

Xiao Ning felt the purple-black speck and smiled. On the contrary, it released a peaceful aura. It seems that the remnant soul of the Purple Cloud Black Fire Eagle recognized him.

He gritted his teeth and braced himself for the next round. Xiao Ning thought of thoroughly fusing it with the dou technique.

His Dou Qi and spiritual strength acted as the bridge to connect them. Soon, he began.

Xiao Ning concentrated and started fusing it. Unexpectedly he did not felt even a bit of resistance from it, and the entire process went smoothly.

...

After a few hours, his tightly shut eyes opened, and excitement flashed in them.

Not only did he successfully repaired the broken dou technique. Xiao Ning also comprehended another skill belonging to the Purple Cloud Black Fire Eagle.

'Eagle Eyes,' A mysterious technique that used spiritual strength instead of Dou Qi. Unlike other dou techniques, it impacted the target's mind, stunning them for a while. Hence, it was categorized as a secret technique.

Xiao Ning calmed himself, directed his Dou Qi towards the new Qi Paths on his back.

Two three-inch golden wings appeared on his back. He continued to pour his Dou Qi and controlled them with his mental strength.

Maybe he thoroughly defeated the remnant spirit of the eagle, Xiao Ning succeeded in controlling the wings on his first try.

He couldn't wait to rush out and fly in the sky, but Xiao Ning decided not to use this dou technique unless he faced mortal danger.

...

Xiao Ning can be considered extremely lucky. Not only did he repaired the dou technique, but he also made it more suitable for himself. The golden color of the wings instead of purple-black is enough proof for that. 

The creator of this technique would be stunned after seeing this change. Never in his imagination would he have thought that a mere Dou Master not only repaired it but also made the technique his own.

...

He looked outside through the window and shook his head, 'I will leave tomorrow.'

Xiao Ning dragged his tired body to the bed and entered wonderland.

'Yawn!' The next morning, he got out of the bed, lazily stretched his waist, and yawned. 

While a night's sleep was not enough to completely recover his mental strength, still, it won't be a problem for him.

Xiao Ning knew that it would be a long time before he returns; hence he took a long and nice bath.

After putting on a black robe, he took out some dried ration for breakfast. Soon, he stepped out after wearing his fox mask.

"Is Fairy Doctor here?" Xiao Ning asked one of the workers as he walked down the stairs.

The servant shook his head, "Young Master, Fairy Doctor left early."

Xiao Ning nodded and gestured the servent to return back to his work. He shook his head and did not think much about her. 

A hint of surprise appeared in his eyes as Xiao Ning saw a young man in black robes casually browsing the items. 

'I never expected him to come here,' Xiao Ning thought as he noticed the mysterious ruler on the youth's back.  

After his show of strength, Xiao Ning never thought that Teacher Rou Lin would approve Xiao Yan's leave. 'It seems that Yao Lao intervene,' he quickly guessed the reason. 

Xiao Ning's guess was not far off; Yao Lao did interfere but not in the manner he thought. 

......

"Could you take out this object?" Xiao Yan suppressed his greed and spoke calmly. 

The employee gazed towards the direction Xiao Yan pointed, and his expression became indifferent. Yet, he went forward and took out the item and said, "Yellow Lotus Essence, a hundred gold coins." 

"I want this medicinal ingredient." Before Xiao Yan could pay, he heard a calm voice, and a man in black robes wearing a white fox mask appeared beside him. 

After seeing him, the employee's expression changed. He respectfully bowed and said, "Okay, Sir."

18