Chapter 56
1.2k 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning sat with a smile on his face. It has been two days since he regained his consciousness. He touched the wound on his abdomen, and a wry smile appeared on his face. 

He was surprised at the rate at which his injury healed. Xiao Ning had expected that it would at least take a half month for him to heal completely.

Yet, the reality was different. At the present rate, it would not take more than two days to heal completely.

"Xiao Ning, food is ready," a pleasant voice attracted his attention. He shook his head and did not continue to think about it. He got up from the boulder and unhurriedly strode towards the straw hut. 

A lovely figure appeared in front of his sight as he entered the cottage. Tenderness flashed in his eyes as he stared at the young woman busy cooking food for both of them. 

'Cough!' Xiao Ning coughed dryly and spoke, "let me help you." 

"Ah! You are here." Xiao Xi Yian looked up in surprise; she glanced at his wound and shook her head, "No." 

Xiao Ning helplessly shrugged his shoulders and sat nearby. It was not the first time she refused to let him work. Moreover, over the last two days, he got used to it. 

Soon, Xiao Xi Yian brought two bowls of porridge and grilled meat. She placed one of the servings in front of Xiao Ning and sat opposite him. 

The valley's greenery and peaceful environment and coupled with the fact that they were the only ones present, helped bring them closer. 

......

Ever since they arrived at the valley, Xiao Xi Yian's life has been fulfilling. She cultivated her Dou Qi in the morning; comprehend the poison book, and cook food in the afternoon. Moreover, the presence of abundant medicinal herbs proved to be a heaven for her. 

On the other hand, Xiao Ning took this opportunity to relax and focus on other things. He would choose an isolated corner and sit cross-legged on a boulder to meditate. 

Xiao Ning would extend his spiritual strength to sense the unusual energy present in the surroundings. After that, he would study the alchemy scroll to consolidate his knowledge. At the same time, he pondered the possible solution for his current predicament. 

Even though he could not figure out the origin of the unusual energy, yet his meditation was not without results. Xiao Ning felt refreshed and sensed that his Dou Qi flow became even smoother. While vague, he perceived a sense of intimacy from natural energy in his surroundings.

......

In a blink of an eye, two days passed. Xiao Ning healed fully, and only a small scar remained on his abdomen. Over the last two days, he racked his brain and came up with a solution for the trace of 'Bone Chilling Flame' residing within his body. 

Unlike Xiao Yan, he did not practice 'Flame Mantra,' and there was no way for him to absorb 'Bone Chilling Flame.' Moreover, this trace of 'Heavenly Flame' would disappear after being consumed. 

So, Xiao Ning came up with a crazy yet feasible plan of forging his body with 'Bone Chilling Flame.' Anyway, his Qi Method focused on nurturing his body. Hence, he decided to make his strong aspect even stronger. 

Still, Xiao Ning carefully planned everything to increase his chances of success. Unlike Xiao Yan, he did not require a Path protecting pill or Blood Lotus pill. He could wrap his Qi Pathways with 'Golden Budha Flame' and achieve the same result. 

Moreover, Xiao Ning still intended to form an elixir combining Ice Spirit Blazing Grass and Blood Lotus Essence to increase his percentage of success. 

......

In a short while, he collected the auxiliary medicinal herbs required to prepare the elixir. After a short while, Xiao Ning sat cross-legged with a black medicinal cauldron in front of him. 

Xiao Xi Yian sat nearby, and her big eyes were glued at Xiao Ning's figure. She couldn't hide the worry in her eyes. Even though she did not understand the horror of 'Heavenly Flame.' Still, Xiao Xi Yian knew that the risk involved was deadly. Yet, all she could do was believe in him. 

Xiao Ning, on the other hand, did not know about her thoughts. His whole attention was on the medicinal cauldron. Soon, his spiritual strength extended, and slowly a green-gold flame flickered inside the cauldron. 

One after another, Xiao Ning threw the ingredients within, controlled the temperature, and slowly grilled them. After seeing the light green liquid, he threw Ice Spirit Blazing Grass and Blood Lotus Essence into the cauldron. 

Under the continuous grilling of Golden Budha Flame, the two medicinal herbs released drops of blue-red extract and slowly merged with the light green liquid. Finally, it formed a thick blue-red-colored paste. 

The next second, a jade bottle appeared in his hands, and Xiao Ning carefully stored the elixir within it. He collected the medicinal cauldron back to his storage ring. 

After a few minutes, Xiao Ning poured the paste into a freshly prepared wooden tub filled with cold water. Without paying any attention to Xiao Xi Yian, who was sitting near him, Xiao Ning undressed and stepped inside the wooden tub. 

His entire body was immersed in the wooden tub with only his head left outside. Xiao Ning felt cold and hot energies entering his body, and a solemn expression appeared on his face. He turned his head, glanced at Xiao Xi Yian, and said, "Xi Yian, no matter what happens, don't come near." 

Xiao Xi Yian was startled after listening to his words; a trace of doubt appeared in her mind, yet she nodded her head and spoke softly, "Okay." 

After getting a positive response, Xiao Ning's face looked full of relief. He closed his eyes, and his mind sunk within his body. 

Xiao Ning spread his spiritual strength, controlled the Golden Budha Flame, and cautiously wrapped his Qi Pathways with it. 

As soon as he mobilized Golden Budha Flame, the Bone Chilling Flame regained its freedom and rushed out of his Qi Cyclone. It sped into his Qi Pathways to burn them. 

While it may not be the complete 'Bone Chilling Flame,' the part still contained its original will to destroy Xiao Ning's body. 

Xiao Ning's face became pale as the flame raged through his body. He gritted his teeth, endured the searing pain, and used his spiritual strength to force the Bone chilling Flame out of his pathways. 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

14