Chapter 66
988 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Burns appeared over his skin, and Xiao Ning couldn't be more awake. 

As the killing intent raged in his mind, the mysterious energy continued to hammer his spirit. 

Xiao Ning could only resist it passively. 

After a long time, he became numb to the pain. 

The Golden Budha Flame continued to burn him from the outside, and at the same time, Xiao Ning's acquired physique kicked in. 

His muscle glowed in a white sheen, and bones became jade-like. 

From time to time, Xiao Ning's muscles would send out a cool wisp of energy and repair his skin. 

Yet, before his skin could heal completely, the Golden Budha Flame would burn it again. 

Only now did Xiao Ning understood the horror of his flame. He estimated that although the Golden Budha Flame is not a Heavenly Flame; yet, it is not far from it. 

The process continued, and Xiao Ning, who was being tortured, both mentally and physically, forgot the concept of time.

It was Xiao Ning's unyielding will that kept him alive. Somehow, he knew that no matter what, he can not give up. 

Even if Xiao Ning's body turned to ash, spirit annihilated; still, he can't give up. 

With all his might Xiao Ning raised his eyelids and look at the blurry figure sitting on the top of corpse Mountain.

He knew that everything that was happening to him was somehow connected to that figure. 

As Xiao Ning tried to look at the figure, the other person seemed to notice his gaze and looked back.

The figure's gaze seemed to cross space-time and connected with Xiao Ning's eyes. 

'Pu!' Xiao Ning's body trembled, and he coughed out blood. More blood dripped down his cheek from the corner of his eyes. 

Still, he stubbornly raised his head to look at the figure. The next moment, Xiao Ning felt as if he heard the sneer of the mysterious person.

The next instant, the blurry figure disappeared, and a gigantic behemoth appeared in Xiao Ning's eyes. 

Xiao Ning looked at the bright yellow eye, and his mind became blank. 

For a moment, he forgot the pain and thought, 'How could it be!'

An eye comparable to the size of the valley. What concept is this? 

Suddenly a frightening idea appeared in his mind, 'It must be a Dou God,' and a shiver ran down his spine. 

According to what he knew, the last Dou God had disappeared a thousand years ago, and it could not be associated with this behemoth. 

Yet, the gigantic beast in front of him proved it otherwise. 

Even though Xiao Ning already had a speculation in his mind, he didn't dare to continue that line of thought. 

It was only at this time that he realized the frightening ability of a Dou God. Xiao Ning was sure that even if Xiao Yan broke through and become a Dou God, he couldn't display such prowess. 

......

The behemoth blinked its yellow eyes as if hesitating about something. Yet, the next second, its eyes shot a golden light. 

With the behemoth's magical means, the golden light took the shape of a ferocious western dragon with a pair of phoenix wings on its back. 

'Roar!' The golden dragon roared, circled around the behemoth's eye. The next moment, the dragon spread its wings, crossed through space-time, and drilled into Xiao Ning's forehead. 

As the golden dragon entered Xiao Ning's forehead, an archaic voice sounded in his mind, 'Dragon-phoenix's qualification trial begins." 

Before Xiao Ning could react, the golden dragon-phoenix melted and seeped into each cell within his body. 

Xiao Ning's body began to flicker with intense golden light, and from time to time, his body would radiate out heat. 

"What shitty trial, it is clearly a murder," Xiao Ning angrily roared as he tried to suppress his body from bursting. 

After another round of torture, it seemed as if Xiao Ning's luck finally arrived. The black-golden Qi Pathway in his body reacted, and it greedily sucked the golden dragon-phoenix's energy from every corner of his body. 

Xiao Ning became stunned after looking at this weird situation in his body. He immediately connected the drop of blood he had consumed before to the behemoth on the other side of the space-time rift. 

'So that frightening figure's actual body turned out to be a Dragon-phoenix,' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. 

The next moment, he glanced at the black-golden Qi Pathway within his body and rejoiced. Fortunately, I absorbed that drop of blood; otherwise, I would have died. 

......

After some time, Xiao Ning's head didn't hurt anymore. He discovered that his spiritual strength's quality rose, and the mysterious energy couldn't hurt him anymore. 

He tried to manipulate his spiritual energy and discovered that while its quality had risen, yet his mental strength did not break through the next realm. 

Yet the next instant, his expression turned bitter. Xiao Ning frowned after noticing his internal situation. 

The formerly light black-golden Qi Pathway had transformed completely. Its color became heavy black-gold with mysterious rune patterns around it. 

Still, the energy within his body didn't decrease in the slightest. His body started bloating. 

Right now, there was no fear of death in his heart. So, Xiao Ning fiercely glared at the gigantic figure and wowed that if he made it out alive from this situation, he would return the favor ten times. 

Xiao Ning knew that if he did not think of something soon, he would die. He was like a time bomb. 

He thoughtfully looked at the black-golden Qi Pathway and thought of a method of solving the current crisis. 

Xiao Ning hesitated for a moment; finally, he sighed and thought, 'At least there is a chance of survival; otherwise, I am dead for sure.' 

The next moment, Xiao Ning guided his Dou Qi and abolished one of his Qi Pathways. 

After looking at the black-golden Qi Pathway, Xiao Ning thought of transforming all of his Qi Pathways into this special one. 

'Pu!' With a grunt, Xiao Ning coughed blood. He endured the burning sensation deep within his body and waited for his ruptured Qi Pathway to absorb the golden dragon-phoenix's energy. 

12