Chapter 68
1.1k 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning's eyes shined; his face showed undisguised appreciation for the training ground, and unconsciously, he wanted to take it away. 

After looking at the training ground, Xiao Ning had a premotion that soon he would be fighting. 

The next instant, Xiao Ning shook his head; he sat cross-legged on the ground, closed his eyes, and began adjusting his breath. 

Soon, Xiao Ning seemed to forget his surroundings and immersed himself in deep meditation. 

He tried to comprehend the mysterious runes imprinted on his Qi Pathways. Even after trying for a long time, Xiao Ning couldn't understand the fur of it. In the end, he had to give up. 

......

'Thump!' As Xiao Ning was about to fall asleep, he heard a heavy footstep and opened his eyes. He swiftly stood up and glanced towards the direction in which the sound originated. 

In the face of the unknown, he did not run away; instead, Xiao Ning's body radiated an intense battle lust. His eyes glowed in green-gold radiance. 

Xiao Ning had already figured it out. No doubt, he would face mortal danger, but it is a trial. There would be a way of clearing it. 

After all, the mysterious Dou God wouldn't be so free to set up a fake trial for him. 

How could a mere Dou Grandmaster enter in the eyes of the mighty Dou God? 

Xiao Ning's confidence rested in himself. In the same realm, he never feared anyone, and this belief originated from cultivating the 'Battle Budha Art.' 

As Xiao Ning's strength increased and his understanding of his Qi Method deepened, a certain idea gradually grew within him. 

Even without Xiao Ning's knowledge, a prototype of the momentum only belonging to the top experts present on the continent brewed within him. 

The only reason why Xiao Ning couldn't discover it was because he had been living in an enclosed valley. 

Furthermore, Xiao Ning never released his aura in front of Xiao Xi Yian, the only other person living with him in the valley. 

......

As a strong momentum surrounded Xiao Ning's body, a humanoid monster appeared in front of him. 

After looking at the humanoid creature in front of him, Xiao Ning's eyes widened in surprise. 

The humanoid creature stood three-meter tall, a dragon head with two horns on the forehead. Black scales covered his entire body. Its eyes glowed red, revealing a bloodthirsty aura. 

Xiao Ning had never seen anything similar to it, but then again, there was no mention of the mysterious Dou God in the original novel. 

The archaic voice sounded in his mind, not giving Xiao Ning any chance to think. 

'The trial begins!' 

'Roar!' The dragon-man opened its mouth and roared. Its blood-red eyes became even more terrifying as the dragon-man emitted monstrous killing intent. 

In the face of such thick killing intent, Xiao Ning didn't seem afraid. Instead, it aroused his battle intent. His body cheered, and Dou Qi began to boil. 

A green-golden Dou Qi cloak enveloped Xiao Ning's body as he took a step forward. He clenched his right fist and punched.

The dragon-man imitated Xiao Ning's actions, clenched his claw, and punched. 

'Thump!' A dull sound resounded as the two fists collided. 

Xiao Ning and the dragon-man both equally retreated a few steps back. 

Unlike the beast, Xiao Ning's face showed surprise. As their fist's collided, he noticed that the dragon-man had the same cultivation base as him. 

In the same realm, not many could stand after taking a hit from Xiao Ning, and let alone match his strength. 

Not only the dragon-man had the 1-star Dou Grandmaster cultivation realm, but he also possessed extraordinary strength. 

.......

In the face of such an opponent, Xiao Ning became more excited. He laughed loudly, stepped on the training ground, and jumped forward like an arrow. 

Even though it didn't seem to have its independent thinking, Xiao Ning's actions made the dragon-man more irritable. 

'Roar!' The dragon-man roared in anger; a red-colored Dou Qi blade manifested, and he slashed it towards Xiao Ning. 

Not to be outdone, Xiao Ning also summoned his Dou Qi armor.  A pair of green-gold gauntlets appeared on his fists. 

'Boom!' Xiao Ning smirked and smashed the blade energy raging towards him. 

'Thud!' Xiao Ning did not stop after crushing his attack; he jumped forward and hit the dragon-man's chest. 

Facing Xiao Ning's sudden attack, the dragon-man instinctively raised his arms to defend himself. 

Yet, the power behind Xiao Ning's punch forced him a few steps back. 

It appears as if Xiao Ning's monstrous strength made the dragon-man dissatisfied. Hence, the two relied on their tyrannical physique and continued to exchange blows. 

After a few minutes of hearty battle, Xiao Ning figured out the dragon-man's weak spots. Moreover, he also noticed that the latter did not use any Dou techniques. 

......

As he dodged the latter's punches, a sudden thought flashed in Xiao Ning's mind. 

'It is not that he did not use Dou techniques; he doesn't know any,' Xiao Ning's eyes flashed as he thought of this. 

Otherwise, how could the dragon-man only rely on its physique and Dou Qi armor. 

After thinking till here, Xiao Ning decided to end the battle. 

'Radiant Fist!' Xiao Ning's right arm started glowing, and his body released a frightening momentum. 

"It is time to end it," Xiao Ning muttered; the next second, he disappeared from his spot and appeared in front of the dragon-man. 

Under the shocked eyes of the dragon-man, Xiao Ning's fist penetrated the latter's chest and crushed his heart. 

The dragon-man died before he could react. The next second, its body turned to dust, only leaving a fist-sized blood-red orb.  

It turns out Xiao Ning could have ended the battle any moment he wanted, but he chose not to. 

Xiao Ning merely thought of the dragon-man as a good punching bag. It was rare for Xiao Ning to meet an opponent with strength comparable to his own. 

He shook his head, did not think much about it, stepped forward, and curiously picked the red orb. Suddenly, his eyes lit up after sensing the mysterious energy in the blood-red sphere. 

10