Chapter 70
1k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trial ground in which Xiao Ning participated was a different small world. 

The current small world is different from the one created by Dou Saints, who are proficient in space laws. It was a masterpiece of a Dou God. 

Even the small worlds of the eight ancient clans couldn't compare with it, but Xiao Ning only realized it later. 

Over a thousand years, no one had been able to break through the shackles of Dou Saint and become a Dou God. For this reason, the existence of a Dou God had become a myth. 

Over time two words, 'Dou God,' faded from the continent. It became a secret guarded by a group of old fossils. Even among the eight ancient clans, only a handful of people knew about it. 

......

In the trial world, above the clouds on the other side of the space-time crack. 

The world was devoid of five elements and full of grey-colored death energy. Blood-red vegetation grew on the corpses scattered on the ground. 

A purple moon formed by the accumulation of the corpse qi from millions of corpses over the years shined brightly. 

The ghastly appearance of the world was enough to scare a Dou Saint. 

The mysterious figure sitting on the throne on top of a corpse mountain opened its eyes. 

His eyes were devoid of any life, and he indifferently glanced at the horrible world around him. 

"How many years has it been?" The mysterious Dou God muttered to himself, and a confused look appeared in his eyes. There was no pity, anger, shock, no emotion in his eyes. 

As the purple light shone on him, the mysterious Dou God's figure became visible, and a shocking scene appeared. There was a big hole in his abdomen, and a black sword impaled his chest. 

Black corrosive energy attached to the gaping wound in his abdomen constantly corroded his flesh and not allowing him to heal.  

One could only imagine the horror of the kind of enemy the mysterious Dou God had faced in the past. 

Even after decades, the corrosive energy still restricted his healing prowess.

'Drip!' A drop of blood slid down the sword and fell on the corpse peak. It flowed down and merged in the red stream running down the mountain.

Yet, the mysterious Dou God's face remained expressionless as if he was not the one who suffered such grave wounds. 

Suddenly, he looked down; his gaze crossed through the space-time crack and landed on Xiao Ning's figure. 

A ripple flashed in his eyes after seeing Xiao Ning quickly defeating the first dragon-man. Still, it was not enough; he continued to watch. 

After seeing Xiao Ning absorbing the red orb, his body trembled, and a glimmer of hope rose in his heart. His eyes blurred, and a tear dropped from his eyes. 

One could only imagine the pain and suffering the mysterious Dou God had suffered. 

The road to a powerhouse is always bloody. A supreme forges its path with the corpses of his enemies. 

A Dou God is a being who transcends mortality and achieves immortality and can never die from natural causes. A being who could exterminate billions of lives without batting an eye cried. 

In a moment, the mysterious Dou God regained his composure; he lifted his head and looked at the corpses around him. Sadness flashed in the depth of his eyes. 

It turns out that the corpses on the ground were not of his enemies but his loved ones. His subordinates, elders, clan members, wife, and children were all among the corpses. Only he managed to survive. 

Now, after looking at Xiao Ning, his lifeless eyes showed a ray of hope. 

How could his body not tremble in excitement? 

Still, the mysterious Dou God managed to curb his excitement and did not give any special treatment to Xiao Ning. 

If Xiao Ning couldn't even clear the trial, then the rest didn't matter. 

The next moment, he closed his eyes, and his heartbeat stopped as if he had frozen himself. Yet, there was a majestic life force surrounding him. 

......

Xiao Ning was unaware of this. He continued to attack and simultaneously smashed the two dragon-man. Soon, he stopped, and the golden figure behind him dissipated. 

He wiped off the sweat from his forehead and took a few deep breaths. Fighting two dragon-mans continuously consumed a part of his Dou Qi and stamina. 

Like before, he stepped forward and picked up two red crystals left behind by them.

After sitting cross-legged, a solemn expression appeared on his face. If his hunch was correct, then an even terrible battle waited ahead for him. 

Xiao Ning looked at the crystals in his hand and began absorbing the energy in them. 

In silence, Xiao Ning extracted the energy, absorbed it, and refined it. 

'Click!' Soon, the first crystal became colorless and shattered, and after some time, he also absorbed the energy contained in the second crystal. 

A more powerful momentum burst out from his body, Xiao Ning's eyes showed regret, "If there were another crystal, I would have broken through 3-star Dou Grandmaster," he muttered. 

Before he had enough time to relax his muscles, Xiao Ning heard three different footsteps. 

In a few seconds, three dragon-man radiating a monstrous killing intent appeared in front of him. 

After seeing them, Xiao Ning's expression turned bitter, and his face showed an expression of 'Sure enough, I was right.' 

Still, Xiao Ning was not afraid of a fight, and his body also radiated a horrible momentum. 

The momentum on both sides clashed, and Xiao Ning overpowered his three opponents. 

The previous two battles not only increased his strength it also helped Xiao Ning condense his battle intent. 

This time Xiao Ning changed his mentality of regarding the three dragon-man as his whetting stone and used swift actions to solve them. 

Compared to before, the battle became more severe, and one after another injuries appeared on his body. 

Xiao Ning did not keep any hand and displayed all of the Dou Techniques he had learned. 

Soon, he defeated the three dragon-man and picked three red crystals. 

14