Chapter 71
887 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning emptied his mind and hurriedly sat down to recover his Dou Qi and physical strength. 

After the continuous tempering of the three battles, Xiao Ning adapted. Apart from the naked increase in his strength, Xiao Ning obtained other hidden benefits. 

Over time Xiao Ning's willpower became strong, yet it was not enough. After obtaining and practicing 'Battle Budha Art,' he became confident. 

Especially after knowing that in the same realm he dominated his opponents, Xiao Ning became overconfident, and a seed of arrogance sprouted in his mind. 

This trial not only widened his perspective but also eliminated the seed of arrogance that had just rooted itself in Xiao Ning's mind. 

.......

Xiao Ning opened his eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled. A golden brilliance flashed in the depth of his eyes. The Dou Qi breath lingering around his body became even mightier. 

He reached the peak of 2-star Dou Grandmaster, and any moment he could break through the next level. 

Yet, Xiao Ning chose not to. He faintly realized the actual purpose of this trial. 

Xiao Ning raised his head, and a complex expression appeared on his face. Even though he couldn't see the space-time crack, Xiao Ning knew that the mysterious Dou God was watching everything. 

Moreover, he realized that even a Dou God rank expert was not invincible and couldn't escape death. After thinking of this, Xiao Ning became sober, and his heart calmed down. 

'The road is still long!' He muttered to himself. Before he could think anymore, Xiao Ning saw four dragon-man walking towards him from different directions. 

Xiao Ning stood up; his eyes glowed with golden light, and a faint shadow of Purple Cloud Black Fire Eagle appeared on top of his head.

'Eagle Eyes!' Xiao Ning's mental strength condensed, and with him as the center, it spread out attacking the four dragon-man. 

The four humanoids' bodies shivered, and for a moment, they stood stunned. 

At the same time, a pair of golden wings appeared on Xiao Ning's back, and he flew into the sky. 

Before he could get happy, the four dragon-man reacted, and a pair of purple draconic wings appeared on their backs. With a single flap, the four rushed into the sky. 

Xiao Ning speechlessly looked at the four dragon-man flying towards him. Suddenly he felt that he did something stupid. 

'Roar!' The dragon-man's harsh shout reverberated in the entire space, and the soundwave shook the area. 

Xiao Ning flapped his wings, steadied himself, and made a fighting posture. 

Suddenly, a ball of green-golden flame appeared in front of him, expanded, and formed a sphere with Xiao Ning as its center. 

'Boom!' The next instant, four energy attacks hit the spherical barrier, and it started shaking.

Yet, Xiao Ning stood still within the barrier, and his face remained expressionless. His posture showed his confidence. 

How could a mere pseudo dragon breath compare to his Golden Budha Flame? 

As he expected, the flame barrier remained intact. 

A golden fire flickered in the depth of Xiao Ning's eyes as the corner of his mouth raised slightly. He raised his hands, and the spherical barrier divided into four balls of flames. 

The next instant, four green-gold-colored fire pythons replaced the four balls of flame. 

Xiao Ning smiled coldly and said, "Have a taste of your own medicine." With a single thought, the four fire pythons' eyes glowed brightly, and it rushed towards the dragon-man. 

His sudden counter-attack caught the four dragon-man by surprise. The fire python opened its mouth and swallowed its enemy whole. 

'Boom!' Xiao Ning's hands formed a mysterious symbol, and slowly a dark-golden figure appeared behind him. 

The golden figure solidified more than before, indicating that Xiao Ning's proficiency had increased. 

Xiao Ning was no fool and knew that he couldn't give up the upper hand. He immediately raised his left hand and threw a punch. 

The golden figure behind him imitated his actions and punched the dragon-man. 

'Thump!' The dark golden fist smashed two dragon-man's to the ground. 

'Boom!' With a loud bang, the two dragon-man slammed into the training ground and died. The impact force crushed them from inside out. 

......

The golden figure dissipated, and Xiao Ning panted for breath. In the previous attack, he used up more than half of his Dou Qi in one breath. 

'I shouldn't use this technique randomly,' Xiao Ning thought to himself. He glanced at the remaining two injured dragon-mans, who were emitting intense killing intent, and laughed. 

His previous thoughts were correct; while the number of opponents increased as he cleared each level, but their cultivation base remained the same as him. 

Xiao Ning had gambled and did not raise his cultivation rank, and it turns out that he was right. 

......

He looked at the dragon-man, smiled mysteriously, raised his right hand, and muttered, "Dragon Claw!" 

The green-gold-colored Dou Qi surged out of his right hand and formed an illusionary five-clawed dragon claw. 

Xiao Ning flapped his wings, and instantly he rushed towards the dragon-man on the left. He thrust his right arm forward; it tore through the scales on the dragon-man's chest and crushed its heart. 

He grabbed the dragon-man's corpse with his left hand and removed his right arm from its bloody chest. 

Xiao Ning glanced at the result and laughed loudly. The blood on his face and arms gave him an appearance of a bloodthirsty devil. 

At present, Xiao Ning was immersed in the joy of successfully creating his first Dou Technique and could care less about his appearance. 

Over the last few battles, Xiao Ning discovered that he lacked a killer Dou Technique. Although 'Radiant Fist' could seriously injure the opponents, but it was not enough. 

Hence, after thinking for a while, Xiao Ning decided to observe the dragon-man and look for a temporary solution. 

Finally, he chose the sharp claws and tried to imitate them. After each battle, Xiao Ning would try to speculate the Qi Pathway and the acupoints suitable for the technique. 

At present, he finally succeeded for the first time, and the result surprised him. 

Even though this Dou Technique is incomplete; still, Xiao Ning estimated it to be Black Grade: High Rank. 

14