Chapter 76
873 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the corrosive poison entered Xiao Ning's mouth, it began corroding everything. 

'Hiss!' 

Xiao Ning's eyes widened in shock, and his body trembled in pain. The poison was more toxic than he imagined. 

Yet, he sat still and endured the burning sensation of his insides. Xiao Ning knew that at this moment, he couldn't back down. 

His eyes became firm after looking at the pale face of Xi Yian in his arms and actively started absorbing the poison from her body. 

The poison rolled down his throat, eroded it, and rushed into his Qi Pathways. As it spread throughout his body, faint purple lines became visible on Xiao Ning's skin. 

......

After a while, Xi Yian's body shook, seven different colors faded away, and her face became rosy again. 

Xiao Xi Yian felt something pressing on her lips; her eyelids trembled, and she opened her eyes. 

Xi Yian's body stiffened after seeing Xiao Ning's lips pressed against hers. A touch of redness appeared on her lovely face. She instinctively tried to push Xiao Ning away but found herself locked in his arms. 

Suddenly she felt something was not right and thought to herself, 'how could Xiao Ning appear in her room.' 

Xi Yian eyes lowered; she noticed Xiao Ning's purple lips, her body froze, and she panicked. Her hand holding the poison bag stiffened. 

......

'I swallowed the poison and fainted,' Xi Yian thought in her mind. After studying the scroll, she decided to eat poison and stimulate her Woeful Poison Body. 

After living with Xiao Ning for a long time, she understood her powerlessness. 

Xi Yian refused to stay weak; she didn't want to depend on Xiao Ning for the rest of her life. So, she decided to gamble and swallowed the poison. 

Yet, she underestimated the toxicity of this poison and overestimated her 1-star Dou Practitioner strength. Even with the help of Woeful Poison Body, she could not absorb it completely and fainted. 

She looked at the purple lines on Xiao Ning's skin, and her heart ached. Xi Yian wanted to close the gap between herself and him; yet, she ended up burdening him. Her eyes blurred, and tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Xi Yian cried silently; she had always been vigilant of the people in her life. For the first time, she trusted a person, loved him; yet, ended up hurting him. 

Her small face showed a stubborn color, and she actively tried to control her Woeful Poison Body and absorb the poison in Xiao Ning's body. 

After a few moments, surprise and unwillingness flashed on her lovely face. Xi Yian found out that she couldn't absorb the poison from his body as if it was bound by some force. 

......

In Xiao Ning's eyes, the pain of this magnitude was not worth mentioning. He calmly looked as the poison spread throughout his body and started damaging him. 

He didn't seem to be in a rush of solving the poison. With his current means, it was not a difficult task for him. 

After a while, Xiao Ning concluded that the poison was fatal to anyone in Dou Master realm, and it could still severely affect people in Dou Grandmaster realm. 

His mental strength surged, and a golden-green flame poured out of the Qi Cyclone. At the same time, Xiao Ning also mobilized his Dou Qi. He had a faint hunch that his 'Battle Budha Art' Dou Qi could neutralize poisons. 

With 'Golden Budha Flame' and 'Battle Budha Art' Dou Qi, Xiao Ning collected the poison in his body and pushed it into his index finger. 

While the poison was not deadly; still, Xiao Ning remained cautious and collected it slowly. 

......

After a while, Xiao Ning calmly opened his eyes. He was taken aback after seeing the crying beauty in his arms. 

Xi Yian saw Xiao Ning had woken up; she immediately stopped crying, got out of his embrace, and stared at him. Finally, after confirming it a few times that the purple lines on Xiao Ning's skin had vanished did she relaxed. 

Xiao Ning saw her actions and instantly understood everything; tenderness flashed in his eyes, and he said, "Stupid girl, don't do it the next time." 

He was about to continue, but after seeing her anxious face, Xiao Ning shook his head; he smiled, hugged her, and softly whispered in her ear, "Don't worry, everything is fine." 

'I will definitely help you overcome it,' Xiao Ning silently added in his heart. 

He did not blame her for consuming poison; instead, Xiao Ning sat with her, and they chatted for a long time. 

Xiao Xi Yian was overwhelmed by today's events; otherwise, she would have noticed the change in his behavior. 

Under Xiao Ning's constant persuasion, she finally calmed down. The duo sat on the ground near the house and looked at the stars in the sky. 

Soon, Xiao Ning noticed that Xi Yian had dozed off, and unknowingly she hugged him. Seeing this, he smiled gently and kept looking at the stars in the sky. Occasionally golden light flashed in the depth of his black eyes. No one knew what was going on in this young man's mind. 

'I want to dominate countless stars,' a thought flashed in his mind. Xiao Ning found it ridiculous and couldn't help but shake his head. 

Xiao Ning smiled bitterly at himself. He was no longer a naive teenager who didn't understand anything. 

His eyes shifted from the sky towards the mountain range. He had a hunch that the next part of his journey would be more dangerous. 

After a while, Xiao Ning also closed his eyes and slept. Today's event's put a toll on his body. 

......

As the first ray of sun entered the valley, Xiao Ning slowly opened his eyes; both his mind and body felt refreshed. He was about to get up, but Xiao Ning saw that the little girl hugged his body like an octopus. 

After seeing this, tenderness flashed in his eyes; Xiao Ning lightly kissed her forehead and spoke, "Xi Yian, wake up." 

13