The Spartan Training
198 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Date, May 9th 2021

Location, Prospect Creek, Alaska, some random mountain

A teenage boy sits in a meditative position with his fists together on what seems to be a mountain during a blizzard. The boy seems normal enough, brown hair, slightly handsome face, strong jaw, green eyes, nearly naked. Yeah, you read that right, he is sitting in the middle of a blizzard wearing nothing but his underwear. Sounds fun right?

(Warning, I do all of the opening paragraphs like this for the first volume, it gets really annoying sorry. I fixed it in the second though.)

The boy's name is Raijin Fuyuto, he is a Japanese orphan who got adopted by his grandfather when he was only six years old. His parents had died in a fire so he got sent off to his grandfather Daichi who lived in Alaska for some reason, and probably one of the coldest cities there. The worst part is that his grandfather happened to be a veteran of the Japanese military, a master of multiple martial arts, and was some type of spartan when it comes to training.

Daichi believed that Raijin as his grandson, had to become stronger then him by the time he became an adult, he says that it is the new generations duty to surpass the old, which resulted in Raijin basically going through torture for the last ten years of his life. Although Raijin was put through hell, he was still allowed a lot more freedom then normal teenagers so long as he finished his training. Also he has a very strong will so the training didn't break him or cause him want to run away.

Right now it was about 7:30 in the morning, and Raijin was going through his daily endurance and breathing exercise. At first it was hell, and it wasn't even as bad then as it is now, he had to sit outside doing nothing but breathing for an hour, and he was able to wear clothes then. Now though was different, he had to do it higher up on a mountain, it had to be in some place where there was a blizzard (which was basically everywhere all the time where he lived) and he could only wear his underwear. Now this may seem terrible but by his second year of training his brain started to rewire itself so now he gets pleasure out of the cold instead of pain, yeah he went through such harsh training he became a masochist.

He had been doing his training for about two and a half hours now so he just had thirty minutes until he could eat.

After he finished he ran back to his house that was about twelve miles away through the forest after climbing down the mountain. However it only took him about twenty minutes to run there and he was only a little tired afterward. When he opened the door to their little log cabin he could smell food on the table.

He looked over and saw his grandfather and Asami sitting at the table. His grandfather did not look like he was 69 years old, he looked mid forties max, he was extremely muscular, he was even comparable to the best bodybuilders. He had short grey hair that was like the hair of a soldier, and on his face was a short grey beard. He was so strong that you could see muscles on his face because he took time every day to exercise his facial muscles. He had green eyes and scars all over his face. He was also wearing a set of fur that made him look like a caveman.

Beside him was Asami, she was also an orphan however she has been that way since she was a baby, unlike Raijin who lived with his parents until he was six. She had been adopted when she was four by Daichi, two years before Raijin. She was also put through training but it was a lot less strict. However she could still beat the crap out of any normal man.

She was a sixteen year old girl with black hair and blue eyes. She had a very strong body as well, however not as well toned as Raijin's or Daichi's. She wore a white t-shirt and black sweatpants. She was a very beautiful woman, however no one would dare to stare at her for too long. She gave off a very intimidating vibe when she wanted to.

"Good you're back, take a seat and eat, I have a task for the both of you. You can skip your afternoon training if you finish it." Daichi said after noticing Raijin's return.

Raijin sat down and started eating while he listened to his grandfather.

"I had recently found a huge ice temple when I was hunting, and I need you two to map it out. It shouldn't be to difficult for you two to avoid the traps and such, they wee made by primitive people so worse case scenario is a broken bone alright?" Daichi said as he also sat down and started to eat while pointing at a circle on a map of the forest they lived in.

"What if there are a bunch of traps in there, one of us might get killed." Asami said while looking at him with worriedly.

"That's what makes it an experience. Besides, I am confident that you two are well trained and can handle some primitive traps, or do you need to go through that survival course again?" He said as his eyes narrowed and he looked at them.

Raijin shivered when he mentioned that. Like all things he made them do, this wasn't a conventional training routine. First they would have them read through a long book as thick as a dictionary about survival and different plants or how to hunt and set traps, and they would have to finish it in under an hour. Then he would ask them a question about it, if they got it wrong they would have to run around the mountain one time for each question that was wrong. After that he would make them wear an entire suit of weighted clothing and run around the forest hunting and skinning animals with their bare hands. Of course this isn't the worst set of training they have but he would like to avoid going back to it.

After about five minutes they finished their food and went outside to train again. Raijin's training consisted of three hours of breathing, endurance, and meditation training from five to eight in the morning after he woke up, then different calisthenics like pushups, pull ups and crunches but the most advanced version you could think of from eight to eleven, next was martial arts training where they would practice master level martial arts from eleven to three. Finally would be their skills training, this includes things like handstands, jumping, flips, parkour, climbing, running, swimming, and acrobatics, this would be from three until seven. Then he would get a break and get to do whatever he wants from seven until nine when he goes to sleep until five in the morning and starts again.

The calisthenics were also extremely harsh, he had to do a huge amount in a small time frame of a dozen different exercises. He started off with stance training, basically he had to hold a position for a certain amount of time with weights on. Try to attach a fifty pound weight to your leg then kick up and hold your foot there for twenty minutes, it is difficult to say the least. He did twenty minutes of a kick position on each leg, ten minutes of a punching position on each arm, twenty minutes of a horse stance and twenty minutes of planking, all with weights over fifty pounds on with the planking and horse stance weights being one hundred fifty pounds.

After that he did 15,000 one armed handstand pushups on each arm, 15,000 planche pushups, 7,000 squats, 300 muscle ups, 8,000 crunches, and a few thousand reps for other exercises tailored toward specific muscles instead of muscle groups like the different neck and back muscles and the calves.

By then it was time for noon training, although Raijin was extremely exhausted from doing record breaking amounts of exercise, he continued to train. Asami was also training but her schedule was different. While Raijin had to focus on all aspects of physical and mental training, she only focused on acrobatics, martial arts and physical control instead of muscle mass and strength. She was more focused on using what she already had with the best efficiency while Raijin was training raw power in all areas and Daichi was a master at both.

At eleven they ate a quick meal and started to spar. They just kept it up for hours without stop. This helped them build stamina and endurance both mentally and physically. They also were able to train extremely high level martial arts and bring out the highest potential a single move could achieve.

Naturally Asami was more skilled in fighting because of her control, however Raijin was inhumanly fast and strong, even if he still had poor control it was still really hard for her to hit him. With their level of strength the spar looked like less of a normal martial arts fight and more like something out of anime but without the supernatural stuff like Ki.

During that time they didn't do much else but fight. Raijin didn't like to talk and had a weird thing he did when he was training or fighting, which is humming or singing to himself out loud. Asami was shy and also was always more focused and serious then Raijin who always took his training nonchalantly.

Finally at three they finished and went back to see their grandfather. He was sitting at the table when he heard them come in and looked up.

"Are you both done now? Good, here is the map, I need you to find anything that may be in there and bring it back, also map the area out." Daichi told them as he gave them the map and their instructions.

Although they were young, they were both well trained, probably even more so then most of the best soldiers or fighters in the world. They also were both extremely intelligent, that's the reason why they didn't have any normal classes in their schedule even though they are both only sixteen. These are the reasons why the old man trust them to take care of themselves and isn't worried about them being hurt.

Then they set off North to the temple.

6