The Stone World
81 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep in a frozen Alaskan forest, a young man could be seen running at impossible speeds. He had a very tall and muscular build, short brown hair, green eyes, and golden sparks flickering around him. This was Raijin practicing his Hamon, well he was trying to, it was more like him wasting it. Since he has very poor control over it, the Hamon is mostly just pouring out of his body.

He had tried to do that one type of training where you hold a cup of water upside-down without the water coming out, since he didn't have a cup he used a hallowed out rock. However, he found he didn't even come close to the skill level required to do so yet and started to practice focusing his hamon. Although by now he could create a lot of hamon with each breath, he had terrible control, like a body builder that had a lot of strength getting beaten up by a martial artist that near perfect control over their very little strength.

Right now he was doing two things, the first being practicing the new Hamon overdrive he had come up with himself, although he isn't yet at the skill level required to use it, he could still improve in what the skill needed the most, the ability to use hamon while doing complicated movements. So he was free running and doing parkour through the trees and rocks in order to figure it out.

The other thing he was doing was looking for where he buried his hamon training mask. This would have been easier, however with all the earthquakes in Alaska constantly moving things around over the course of a few thousand years, and all the trees looking nearly identical, he found it pretty hard to find it. But he wasn't to upset, worst case scenario he would have to make a new one, although he doesn't have the tools now, it wouldn't take him long to make them.

"God damn it, why the hell is this so hard?" Raijin asked himself as he started to sweat and the golden sparks started to dim. After which he stopped sat down, rested his head on his hands, and started staring very seriously at a rock for a few hours.

After a while he got up and started running again. For anyone wondering, no there was no meaning in that, he is simply a man who had lost most of his sanity over the course of three thousand years alone singing and laughing to himself. Although he doesn't realize, his personality has changed a lot, and not in a good way. And don't give the excuse of Senku and Taiju being alright, they both had goals, Taijus was to confess to Yuzuriha and Senku's was to survive. Raijin didn't really have a goal that could help him get through being conscious the whole time, so he went partially crazy.

As Raijin was running, he came across a giant frozen mountain, one that looked like something out of fantasy and not real life.

As soon as he saw it his eyes lit up and he ran toward with anticipation. This was the same mountain he was training on in chapter one, so he figured this must mean he is somewhere near his old house. It took him less then twenty minutes of jumping and climbing to reach the top. Once he reached the top he started looking around and realized that almost everything changed including the mountain, which was now covered in ice.

To the South was the small town he used to live by, Prospect Creek. Then he looked east and found where the temple used to be, but it is probably destroyed by now. To the West he found what he thought was where his old house was and decided to check it out. Out of curiosity, Raijin also looked north, to which his eyes widened,

"Shit!" He said as he looked to the north, where he found a massive glacier as tall as a mountain and wide enough that he couldn't see the sides of it. Although it was obviously moving slow, it would have full encased him and his family if they had stayed as stone for another hundred or so years. "I've been awake for almost a day and apparently  never once looked north, I should be more observant." Then he paused before looking around and talking to himself again. "Hmmmm. Maybe I should move my family and the people of the town soon, I don't think I will remember later and they will all be frozen." He means the town people, not his family.

But first he climbed down the mountain and headed west, he wanted his Hamon mask. Although it was more of a restriction, he understood the value of training with it and would not pass it up.

When he arrived he started randomly digging in different locations in the field for a few hours before finally digging up a very deteriorated and broken stone box. He had used stone instead of metal or wood because metal would rust and wood was just going to rot away after a while. Inside the box was a black metal mask that had stayed in nearly perfect condition for over three thousand years.

Raijin immediately put it on, however he almost suffocated himself when he tried to breath in.

"Damn, no wonder Joseph Joestar didn't like wearing the mask, it is almost impossible to breath in." He said after a few minutes of getting used to the mask. He was still able to breath and speak, however if he stopped using the breathing technique needed to make hamon for even a second, he would immediately feel suffocated.

After all of this, a day and a half has passed since he woke up from the stone, and now he wants to go back to his camp, sleep, and then move his family in the morning. However he could not do this as soon as he wanted to, because he was currently wearing a mask that needed him to use hamon in order to breath, and he was terrible at moving and using hamon at the same time, so it took him roughly seven hours of walking to reach his camp again.

After getting there he was going to go to sleep immediately but was interrupted by a bear attacking his fire. "Oi, what the hell is wrong with you bear? Don't touch that you'll catch on fire!" He said as he alerted the bear of his presence, apparently forgetting to be smart and instead acting like an idiot.

Now you may be thinking, 'He'll be fine, he killed one yesterday.' and you would be right, however he is wearing a mask that restricts his breathing and makes it hard for him to move. So although he did beat that bear with hamon, it needed a running start to work, which he couldn't do at the moment.

However, by the power of plot armor, the protagonist always wins. So when the bear decided to attack Raijin, he reacted by jumping into a tree.

After which he stood up and looked at the bear, smiled, and started singing.

Deae te ureshii ze Sugee yatsu ni

Oshiete kureru ka ii Ore no tsuyosa o

(Which one is this)

Although it didn't help in the fight, and it practically weakened him because of the singing in the mask, he still did it. Not because he thought it was cool, but because it raised his spirit and inspired him. So although it was technically detrimental to him, he did it anyway.

He then jumped from the tree and used the Sendo Ripple Overdrive on the bear, the same move that killed the previous one. After the attack connected with the bear, the unexpected happened. The bear endured it and kept attacking. Raijin was confused because he had hit the beast in the heart and that should have resulted in instant death, but it didn't.

He then looked the angry bear that was inches away from him in the eyes and smiled innocently. After which the bear slapped him and he went flying across snowy clearing and into a tree, destroying the tree in the process.

"What the hell? Bears aren't supposed to be this strong! What's going on?" He said and started honestly thinking about his situation.

'Could this be one of the unforeseen consequences the genie was telling me about. Maybe some animals were enhanced with a resistance to hamon or even the ability to use a primitive version of it. That would explain why it is so strong and why my Sendo Ripple Overdrive didn't work on it.' He thought as he found enlightenment after getting Bitch slapped into a tree.

'Okay, now that I know what is going on, all I have to do is outsmart it. That shouldn't be to hard, although he has hamon now, a bear isn't nearly as smart as me. Right?' He continued to think as he got ready to use the only thing he could.

"Alright, you and me, lets go!" He yelled at the bear while getting into a fighting stance, after which the bear turned and started charging toward him.

"Alright, Time to use the only technique I have left," (By now you should all know where this is going)

"RUN AWAY" He yelled as he turned around and started running at the highest speed he could while wearing the mask, which was just below the bears speed.

He ran as the bear slowly was catching up to him, until eventually he ran into a cave made of ice. He had a what he thought was a great idea and ran into the cave. After going inside he found that he was cornered at the end of the cave by the bear. The bear slowly approached until it was right in his face. He smiled again, but this time smugly.

He jumped upward and flipped over the bear. The bear turned around in a hurry only to see golden sparks flickering across Raijin's body.

"SENDO RIPPLE OVERDRIVE" He yelled as he punched the bear again.

The hamon traveled through the bear, but once again didn't hurt it. The bear raised its arm and smacked Raijin backwards out of the cave. The bear was about to follow his new prey, however he noticed Raijin still smiling and was confused. Although it was a bear and didn't have the same level of intelligence as a human, he was still able to understand what smiling meant after his short encounter with Raijin.

Then the bear started to hear rumbling sounds and the cave started to shake. It looked at Raijin who smiled and pointed upward. The bear looked up only to see golden sparked flickering around the icicles on the ceiling. The bear tried to run out in time but was to slow as the ice fell on him, impaling and killing him.

"You thought I would go for your heart again didn't you? Well you were wrong! Only an idiot would use the same attack twice and expect it to work the second time." He said feeling proud over his victory. He then walked for a bit before finally returning to his camp and fell asleep immediately.

4