Mask
73 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 5737, May 1st, eleven months before canon starts,

On the top of a frozen mountain in Alaska, a large fire burned next to a primitive looking hut. Two statues stood next to the fire, one a beautiful young girl, the other a very muscular old man. In the hut sat a young man, he had a very muscular build, green eyes, brown hair, and resembled Joseph Joestar in his looks. This man was Raijin Fuyuto, the main protagonist.

Over the past month he had spent most of his time building his new camp, moving the citizens of the nearby city away from the slowly approaching glacier, making sure there were no cracks in his families statues, hunting the hamon using animals, and occasionally he had the time to train his hamon. However now that his camp is set up and everyone is safe, he was now seriously training his hamon control.

Right now he was practicing focusing his hamon into his fingers, it was an easy task, it was just painful. The way he was doing it would resemble meditation, if he wasn't also humming and singing to himself again.

Our worlds about to break, tormented and attacked,

Lost from when we wake, with no way to go back,

(I chose an English one this time, even so it should be pretty hard for you to guess what its from)

Although he was capable of seriously focusing on training, he had no reason to. He currently believed that the only things that were actually a threat were the hamon using predators, and he only viewed them as a threat because he was wearing his hamon training mask. However, over the past month, although he didn't get to increase his hamon abilities much, his body now subconsciously used the hamon breathing without him needing to focus on it, so he no longer had a reason to keep wearing the mask.

After taking it off his jaw immediately felt better, allowing him to finally relax. Unlike with JoJo, he wasn't able to take the mask off until he mastered the breathing subconsciously, Joseph at least got to take it off when eating. He was only able to survive for so long without food because of hamon maintaining his bodies energy. However he could only survive off of hamon for so long, so the second he took the mask off he started eating as much as he could, which was a lot.

"That felt great." He said as he sat back and relaxed after eating. "Maybe I should try walking on water now, or using the Hamon sensing ability." He continued to talk to himself as he thought.

He had already succeeded in walking on water, however it was more equivalent to a baby learning to crawl on the water instead of actually walking on it. He also wanted to learn how to sense everything around him with water and hamon. These were the two skills that he believed to be the most important.

"First things first, I need to get stronger physically and mentality to be able to use the hamon how I want to." Although one could use hamon without a strong body, Raijin wanted to make his own overdrive and he new that it would be extremely taxing on his body, so he wanted to prepare it.

He started his training by doing extremely large amounts of calisthenics. Unlike before when he trained with his grandpa, he could now stay awake for much longer, making the time he could be productive longer. He did one hour of pushups, one hour of crunches, one hour of squats, one hour pullups, one hour of curls using a hundred pound (45 kilograms) rock on each arm, one hour of punching and kicking a boulder, and one hour of running at his fastest speed. The highest amount of pushups he could do per second is eight, he kept that up for an hour and did the same for the other exercises.

That was not the end however, because now he could intensify his training with hamon. He started meditating at the bottom of a nearly frozen lake for hours. This trained his cold resistance, circulatory system, immune system, as well as his metabolism. He did this for nine hours, which was his limit and he had to swim out. For about three hours he would climb up and down the steep side of a mountain while holding his breath, Then he would hunt for about half an hour and sleep for eight hours, overall his training schedule was about 27 and a half hours long.

-------------------------------

Meanwhile, far east in a small cave in Canada, a statue stood with stone mask on. The statue had a very muscular body and long hair. Just beside the statue, two bears were fighting. The battle was fairly short and mostly just them smacking each other until one of them was hit in the head and spit up blood, which landed on the mask.

The mask started to tremble for a second before spikes shot of it and imbedded itself in the mask. Normally this wouldn't do anything, that is, if this was actually a statue. However this was not a statue and was instead a human that was petrified. The petrification only worked on humans and a species of bird called swallows, however the mask had just changed the man from a human into something else. So naturally the petrification no longer worked on him. Slowly the stone started to break and smoke came out of the cracks, until the stone on the mans eyes fell off and he calmly opened them. He started to move and the stone cracked and fell off of him one fragment after another.

The bears that were just standing there watching were confused at first, then frightened, now they felt threatened by the stranger. They charged at him with all their might, however by the time they reached where he was, he vanished. They turned around only to see a very tall, muscular man.

With the mask off, the mans face could now be seen. He was about seven feet tall, with huge muscles that made him look like the hulk. He had long red hair, red eyes that made him look sinister, and a face similar to Yujiro Hanma but younger (Just think of him as an extra tall, longer haired and young Yujiro Hanma). He just stood there for a moment holding the mask while inspected it, completely ignoring the bears.

The bears charged him again, which resulted in him finally looking up at them. He reached out and grabbed the bears arm that was being swung at him, he then squeezed and completely shattered the bone in its arm. He then raised his leg and kicked the first bear toward the other one, which resulted in both of them being flung against the cave wall and leaving a crack. The man had a surprised look on his face.

"That's strange, I shouldn't be able to throw a bear that far with that much force, perhaps it's this things fault." The man said as he stared at the mask in his hands. Although he didn't know what it was, he knew it was probably the only thing that could give a clue as to what was happening.

This man was Liam Smith a thirty five year old man and a master of martial arts. He could normally control his strength perfectly and was strong enough to fight a bear before the mask, however he could not win nearly as easily. He was surprised when he woke up because he could feel many changes throughout his body.

He then started stretching his body and doing some basic warm exercises. He jumped in place for a few minutes while punching, then he started kicking and finally doing pushups.

"It seems that I am a lot stronger then before, strange I wonder what this stone mask is. Also, it seems that I am finally out of that void area, was I resurrected? No, that cant be it, when I woke up there was stone all over my body, which most likely means I was petrified." He said to himself as he looked around.

He was also conscious the entire time he was stone, but instead of singing, counting or screaming like some people, he was practicing martial arts in his mind. He did this by imagining two figure, one of himself and one of someone he fought before and having them fight using different martial arts. Like shadow boxing but every thing is in the head.

"By the looks of the terrain here, this should be where Winnipeg is. However I don't see anything other then its landscape. This could mean a few things, I am in the past where the city wasn't built yet, I am far into the future and the city has decayed by now, I am in a different version of earth where the city was never built, or I am in simulation/dream." He said as he thought of all the possibilities no matter how ridiculous, also he was a bit of chunibyo even at his age.

'I think that the most likely possibility is that I am in the future, based off of the fact that I was covered in stone for what felt like a few hundred years, maybe even thousands, as well as the fact that the air is abnormally fresh and free of pollution compared to how it was. But the reason that makes me certain of it is the thing I am staring at right now' He thought as he stopped looking around and stared at a broken statue of a man that was way to detailed to be made by an artist. It was even more detailed then the statue of David.

With him knowing that he was a statue, he could also deduce that this man had a similar condition then him, he could even go as far as to suspect the entire world being like this. Also, for anyone wondering, he is acting all calm like this because of his training. He had trained to have a calm mind in any situation and to be ready to react at a moments notice, like Tsukasa.

2