Chapter 2: Training
451 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon Imprinting the Assassin class card, Carter realized, that he now had red hair tied back and was wearing red traditional Chinese attire.

The moment Carter imprinted the card, his mind was flooded with not just all the martial arts knowledge that he wanted but also memories that were not his own. He knew that these memories belonged to the Assassin class servant Li Shuwen. He saw Li Shuwen’s entire life like he was watching it through a television screen. He found out that Li Shuwen was not just a master of Bajiquan martial arts, but was also extolled as being the strongest in Chinese martial arts history. His Bajiquan skills in the history of Chinese martial arts was so prominent that he was dubbed Demon Fist Master. "Owww, man what a headache."

After digesting all the information about Li Shuwen that flooded his mind, Carter went to the roof of his apartment building to practice his newly attained mastery of Bajiquan. He would practice Bajiquan every night after coming home from work. This went on for a few weeks.

Following his training, everyone at the diner noticed that Carter’s body was getting leaner and more well-defined every time he came to work.

The following night, Carter became more confident in his mastery of Li Shuwen’s abilities that he wanted to imprint a new servant class card. The card he chose was the Rider class servant card. There were many Rider class servants but he wanted one that could move at high speeds so he could move around the city more easily, like Central City's scarlet speedster, The Flash.

After going through the information he had about the Holy Grail Wars, he found several images and depictions of the rider class servants. Carter made his decision and decided on the servant that can move with unmatched speed. A great hero of the Trojan War who fought on the Archaean side of the war. A hero with great speed and combat ability personally groomed and trained by the great Greek trainer of heroes Chiron, Achilles.

“Imprint… Rider.” Soon Carter found himself once again wrapped in a cocoon of light. When the light dispersed, he now had green spiky hair and wearing silver armor with silver pauldrons and grieves were tightly wrapped around his shoulders and shins with an orange cloth loosely wrapped around his body and wielding Achilles’s spear, Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē, the Spear-tip of the Star Traversing the Skies.

Carter was again headed to the roof of his apartment building to practice his new-found abilities. When he received all the information about Achilles, he found out that Achilles was not just highly skilled in wielding a spear and riding a chariot, but is also well-versed in the hand-to-hand combat art of pankration.

Carter received all the information on Achilles when he imprinted him. This included all his memories, not just his life when he was still alive, but also his life as a heroic spirit in the previous Holy Grail War.

Achilles was one of the famous heroes in the Trojan War. Born from the sea goddess Thetis and the hero Peleus, Achilles was blessed by the gods from birth. His mother Thetis, having greatly loved her son, had warmed him within holy flames in order to try and make him immortal. But her husband Peleus had opposed it, saying “Then that would destroy Achilles as a human”, and in the end Achilles grew up while only a certain part of him remained human.

Due to this great event in his life, Achilles was near-invincible, with no mortal weapon capable of truly harming him aside from hitting the only part of his body that was not exposed to the holy flames. The single weak point that was fatal to him during the Trojan War, his heel.

Carter spent another week of training using Achilles in order to master his ability to wield a spear. Alternating between Achilles and Li Shuwen, Carter’s training progressed smoothly. His movement started off as raw and unpolished but after some hard work and intense training, his combat style became more refined and deadly. Over time, his movements became more graceful and deadly capable of fighting enemies in both large numbers and single combat.

Combining his newfound knowledge of Bajiquan and Pankration, his hand-to-hand combat had become much more deadly and dangerous. In addition, he had also mastered wielding Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē, the Spear-tip of the Star Traversing the Skies.

Carter felt like he was finally ready to test his strength, by capturing some criminals. He decided that the following night, he would go out patrolling to find some criminals to bring to justice.

The following morning, during work, Carter took a break and asked the regular trio how the case about the thefts was going. He recalled them telling him that all the thefts occurred without anyone breaking into the stores. The valuables just went missing. The trio looked at Carter and Joe told him that the case had been solved.

Carter was stunned to hear this. He asked them how they solved the case. They revealed that it was all thanks to The Flash. CCPD cooperated with him to find the thief. It turned out that the culprit was someone named Sam Scudder. The scientist gave him a villain nickname, Mirror Master He was a meta-human with the power that allowed him to travel through reflective surfaces.

That is when Carter realized that all the stores that were robbed were all jewelry stores. All jewellery stores had mirrors and that was how he could go in and out of the stores undetected.

Joe, Barry, and Eddie were stunned that Carter had figured out the case so quickly upon learning of Scudder’s meta-human power was. They told him that they even had to ask a scientist from S.T.A.R. Labs for help to come to that conclusion. But they told him that the biggest problem was how to capture him.

Carter told them his solution after thinking for a while, "If it were me, then I'd use the infinite mirror corridor. You know, it's when you place several mirrors facing each other. y doing that, the mirrors would infinitely reflect themselves." Cisco had told them that Scudder would be trapped going in and out of mirrors without being able to stop. He would have to stay in the mirror as long as another one was placed right in front of it. Barry commented, "Getting Scudder to the trap without him noticing it, wasn't easy."

Carter looked at the dumbfounded faces of the trio from CCPD, “Well, that’s just my opinion, I’m pretty sure The Flash used another method to trap this so-called Mirror Master.” To which Joe replied, “No, no, that was pretty much how it happened.” “Glad to have given some input to help The Flash and the CCPD. If I ever spot a criminal meta-human, I’ll report it.” Carter then thanked the trio for telling him about the case.

10