Chapter 3: A Nightly Stroll
354 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night, Carter left the rooftop of his apartment to patrol the city. In order to move swiftly to avoid detection, he imprinted Achilles. After imprinting the rider class servant, he gave himself a running start before jumping off the roof of his apartment building.

After he jumped off the roof, he whistled for Achilles’s chariot “Troias Tragōidia”. Carter was moving through the skies enveloped by a green aura. He was moving through the sky like a green meteor. Carter found the feeling of soaring in through air exhilarating, to say the least. He felt that even though it was not the same as flying, it felt like a close second. “Maybe this is what racers feel when moving at high speeds." With cold winds rushing towards you and having your adrenaline pumping. The word that best describes this feeling that Carter was feeling was exhilaration. Having Rider and Assassin imprinted onto himself, he found that both servants had fully integrated into him. Carter had officially become a pseudo-servant.

Throughout the entire ordeal, Carter thought about where to start his search for criminal activity. He recalled that in many of the movies and TV shows that he had watched, a lot of sketchy activities often happen at the docks or at the warehouses near the docks. So, Carter decided that the docks would be his first destination.

When he reached the docks, Carter put away Rider’s chariot and installed Assassin. He sneaked around the warehouses and he overheard some voices. He hid behind a large crate to listen in on their conversation. “Are you sure it’s coming?” “Yeah, the weapons will arrive in an hour, afterwards, we can raid the convoy transporting all the metas from S.T.A.R. Labs and then the boss can control them to attack The Flash. Once The Flash is gone, we won't have to worry about heroes anymore.  And CCPD won’t be much without their Scarlet Speedster. Then the city will be ours.”

After listening to the conversation between the thugs, Carter deemed the cargo being transported by these thugs would be detrimental to the safety and security of the people and decided to stop them. To ensure that none of the cargo leaves the docks, he had to wait for their arrival first.

When the cargo had arrived, the thugs brought the cargo full of weapons into the warehouse for inspection. They opened the crates and inspected all the weapons and ammunition were enough before calling for transport.

While the thugs were inspecting the cargo, Carter hid behind a crate waiting, like a predator waiting to pounce on its prey. As soon as they finished inspecting the weapons, Carter dashed towards the nearest thug and used his fists to subdue him. By the time the other thugs noticed what had happened to their friend, Carter was already finished with him and was rushing to the nearest thug. There were twenty thugs including the truck driver and Carter subdued them in a matter of minutes. After subduing all the thugs, Carter interrogated them for answers. He repeatedly asked, “Who's behind all this? Talk, who is your boss?” After repeated beatings, one of the thugs finally squealed. “Grodd, the boss’s name is Grodd. He told us that he could take out The Flash if we did as we were told.”

“Grodd, the super-intelligent psychic gorilla. That’s who your boss is?” With this new information, Carter needed to figure out how to get this information to The Flash.

Unbeknownst to Carter, S.T.A.R. Labs picked up a disturbance call and sent The Flash to the docks, the moment the CCPD received calls from people saying they heard gunshots around the warehouse near the docks.

Right after Carter finished interrogating the thugs, a strong gust of wind passed by and he saw the Scarlet Speedster in his red and yellow suit. When The Flash arrived, he saw a red-headed Chinese man wearing traditional red Chinese garb standing over several beaten-up people. Some of them were unconscious while others were wailing in agony.

Observing the situation, The Flash asked the red-headed Chinese man “Who are you? Who are these men? Are they with you or a rival gang? If you don’t answer me, I’m afraid I’ll have to take you in for questioning.”

Listening to The Flash’s questions and him glaring at Carter, Carter guessed that he would have similar questions and come to the same conclusion. So he decided to answer The Flash’s questions. “I am Assassin, as for what you see before you, I hope we can talk in a civilized manner, gentleman to gentleman.” The Flash just observed the one called Assassin. “I see your mistrust and I understand. If I were caught in this same predicament, I would be skeptical too. However, everything I am about to tell you is the truth, whether you believe me or not.”

Carter kept his eyes on The Flash, “Like yourself, I am a vigilante. I came to the docks to find some unlawful activities. As luck would have it, I overheard these men were transporting illegal weapons. After I settled matters here, I was going to report them to the CCPD. But I found out that something greater is at work here, then you arrived. So, what are you gonna do about this?”

As Assassin was explaining to The Flash his less than ideal circumstances, Flash was listening to his earpiece. A scientist from S.T.A.R. Labs was listening and observing through the camera mounted somewhere on The Flash’s suit. The scientist was not alone, he was with a colleague and Joe, Barry, and Harrison Wells. They provided The Flash with advice and solutions to the problems he faces against meta-humans and tech-ed out criminals like Captain Cold and Heat Wave.

Harrison Wells speaks through the mic, "I don't trust him. Just capture him. Then we can interrogate him for information. We'll know whether or not he's telling the truth, eventually." Wells told The Flash that he should not trust Assassin. The flash agreed to their solutions and prepared to subdue and capture the suspect, Assassin. Flash has always carried with him meta-human dampening cuffs in order to subdue meta-humans.

As The Flash ran to grab Assassin’s arm, Assassin reacted and moved to the side ever so slightly and proceeded to grab Flash’s arm and tossed him over his shoulder. Then Carter jumped backward to keep his distance since he did not want to hurt the hero of Central City.

Flash was stunned that someone was able to grab and flip him when he was moving at such a high speed. While he was on the floor, he heard Assassin say “I don’t want to hurt you Flash, but if you keep coming at me, then get ready for some pain because you’re no match for my Bajiquan.” Flash got up and said, “I’d like to see you try that again.”

Flash ran up to Assassin again but this time with force. Flash ran around Assassin to gauge this new unknown enemy before initiating his attack. As Flash was running around Assassin, his fist was about to reach him, but he found that the attack did not connect. Assassin had blocked his punch and pushed it away, followed by a flurry of fists and attacks. Each of Assassin's attacks connected and hit Flash’s torso and arms temporarily disabling him. After their brief exchange, Flash lost consciousness, "Sorry Flash. No hard feelings, okay." Carter apologized for the injuries he gave The Flash and left the premises.

As soon as he was further enough away from the warehouse, Carter looked around trying to sense the presence of other people and cameras. After confirming that there was no one around “Install… Rider,” Carter changed into Rider and whistled for his chariot and took off into the sky in a green light, and disappeared into the distance.

After returning to his apartment, Carter took a shower and went to bed. Before he fell asleep, Carter decided that he would install Archer the following night to give himself the ability for long-range combat.

8