Chapter 5: Elongated Man
268 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After asking about Eddie’s condition, Carter continued his day as he usually would. When he got home, showered, and rested, he imprinted a new servant onto himself, the Archer class servant card.

“Imprint… Archer.” After sorting through all the information about the various Archer class servants, Carter settled on the one he found most suitable, the Archer Heroic Spirit, EMIYA. The guardian of the counterforce of Alaya. Carter chose EMIYA not just because of his ideals and tragic past but also because of his ability to create copies of weapons. Despite the weapons being pale imitations, they could still compete against the actual weapons themselves. Carter believes in EMIYA’s beliefs that you can’t save everyone and that in order to save the many, the few need to be sacrificed. "The sad thing about you EMIYA, is that you're right. Sometimes, sacrifices can't be avoided."

Once again, Carter was wrapped in light and took on the form of Archer EMIYA. He now had grey eyes, white hair, and tanned skin. He was also wearing EMIYA’s attire. He was now wearing black body armor which consisted of a black tight and sleeveless shirt with sliver accents that outlined his muscles and a metal plate on his collar, and black pants that had two black straps on his thighs, and another two strapped around his shins separate from each other. He was also sporting EMIYA’s signature red coat which is a type of holy shroud.

After imprinting EMIYA, Carter spent most of his time familiarizing himself with EMIYA’s fighting style. He was now wielding EMIYA’s signature dual swords, Kanshou and Bakuya. EMIYA’s famous black and white dual swords symbolizing the Ying-Yang Doctrine.

Carter spent several nights practicing and trying to master not just with the dual swords but with his bow as well.

During his shift at the diner, Carter greeted every customer that came to the diner. When Joe and Barry came in, he saw that Eddie was right behind them. When they sat down at their regular table Carter took their orders. Carter asked Eddie, “So Eddie, the usual?” To which Eddie replied, “Yup, I missed the food here, and the service.” Eddie smiled at Carter as he was jotting down the order. Carter was blushing when he left the table. When he came back and deliver their orders, he said “Welcome back Eddie, We missed you.”

Carter was delighted to see that Eddie had recovered and was safe. He felt this way not just because Eddie was his regular but also his friend. He was also Carter’s benefactor. He had saved Carter from a toxic relationship, and he, Joe, Barry, and Barry’s wife Iris helped him during his recovery and during his parent’s death.

Eddie, Joe, and Barry came back during lunch. The TV was on and the program was hacked by a villain who calls himself The Trickster. "Hey everybody, it's your old pal, the Trickster and have I got a trick for you." He announced to the entire city that he had released balloons into the city and that each balloon had a bomb attached to it. He announced that the bombs would explode immediately upon contact with the ground and that anyone unlucky enough to be caught near it would as he would put it, go “Boom”.

This was a challenge issued to The Flash and all the police officers of the CCPD. "So Flash, it looks like Central City is in for a treat. Hahahahahahaha!" When Joe, Barry, and Eddie saw the announcement, they immediately left the diner to find and stop the bombs. Several minutes later, the CCPD announced to all the civilians to stay indoors and to alert any nearby police officers to the location they spotted a balloon.

Carter knew that there was nothing he could do about this bomb threat because he didn’t want to reveal himself. Later that night, after closing the restaurant and going back to his apartment. Carter immediately turned on the T.V. to watch the news to receive updates on the bomb threat.

The Lieutenant of the CCPD reported at a press conference that they were able to acquire and stop all the bombs with the help of The Flash and Elongated Man. “I am happy to report to all the people of Central City, that the CCPD with the help of The Flash and Elongated Man, we were able to neutralize all the bombs. However, I regret to inform everyone that the criminal known as The Trickster is still at large and for all of the citizens of Central City to keep a lookout for this lunatic and inform the CCPD if you have any information on his whereabouts."

Carter continued to practice the skill sets of the three servants. His mastery has reached a point where he didn’t have to imprint them to use their move-sets. Despite having their mastery over spear, sword, bow, and fist, he did not have their power. In order to use their powers and Noble Phantasms to their full extent, he had to imprint Archer, Rider, and Assassin.

It was around 1:00 in the afternoon when Carter took a stroll on his day off and went to the bank to refill his wallet. But just as he was outside the bank, he saw people running away from it. He grabbed one of the people running away and asked “What happened? Why is everyone running away?” The woman that he grabbed told him, "The bank's being robbed and everyone inside had been taken, hostage. If you're smart, then you better stay away until it's safe again." Carter let go of the woman and she ran.

Upon hearing that there was a bank robbery in progress, Carter went to the closes secluded alley and imprinted Archer. He then took to the rooftops and to look through the bank's windows. Using EMIYA’s clairvoyance which improved his visual prowess, he was able to see all the robbers and hostages. "Nine fully armed bank robbers and twenty hostages. This is going to be tricky. Luckily, I've got the power of servants with me." Carter couldn’t act careless or he could jeopardize the hostages. He imprinted Rider and jumped through the bank window from the rooftop. He needed to utilize speed to incapacitate the robbers. When he landed, Carter immediately incapacitated the nearest robber before heading to the next one.

When Carter jumped into the bank, someone else was rushing to the bank to stop the bank robbers. His arms stretched all along the buildings swinging himself to get to the bank robbery.

Elongated Man was patrolling the city when he received a call from Cisco through his earpiece that there is a bank robbery at Central City Bank and that he is the closest person to the robbery. “Ralph, Eddie is on his way there but you have to get there first since you’re closer.” "Copy that Cisco. I am on my way."

When Elongated Man arrived at the scene, he incapacitated the two robbers guarding the door. As he did so, he saw that there was a spear-wielding green-haired man running around knocking out two of the robbers before going after the rest of them.

Carter used Achilles’s speed to incapacitate the robbers. Utilizing his speed, he managed to incapacitate all the robbers before they even fired a single shot. After knocking out the last of the robbers, he noticed a masked man wearing a burgundy suit. He judged the person to be Elongated Man, one of The Flash’s friends.

As the two were about to meet, Elongated Man received some startling information from Cisco. “Ralph, Trickster’s made another announcement. He said that he had left bombs all over the city. He said that there were seven bombs. All placed at strategic locations throughout the city, that would cause the most damage. Eddie changed course midway and is headed for the other bombs. One of the bombs is in Central City Bank. It’s set to go off in fifteen minutes. Trickster said that he had all of the bombs delivered. Ask the bank staff if they had received any packages earlier today.”

Using his heightened senses, Carter could hear everything that Elongated Man heard from his earpiece. He then approached one of the bank staff 'did the bank receive a package earlier today?" When the female bank staff then answered, "We did receive a box earlier but we didn't know who it was from so we just put it away for later." She quickly took carter to the box and gave it to him when he told her that it was a bomb. After receiving the bomb, Carter approached Elongated Man with it.

Cisco once again called Elongated Man, “Ralph, Eddie got to four of the bombs and CCPD found another two of them but neither of them could disable the bombs”. Overhearing the voice from Elongated Man’s earpiece, Carter told Elongated Man to bring the rest of the bombs to him, he could get rid of them safely. “Give me all the bombs. I can get rid of them safely. You don't have a choice but to trust me.” He sternly expressed to Elongated Man that it was their only option.

Both Elongated Man and Cisco had no choice but to trust the green-haired man. Cisco told Eddie and the police "Bring the bombs to Central City Bank. There is a guy there that says he can safely get rid of them." Eddie knew better than to argue with Cisco during a crisis." Cisco had to depend on this unknown person as Eddie couldn’t carry all of the boxes without dropping them because they would also explode on impact. When receiving Cisco’s message, both The Flash and CCPD had to agree albeit reluctantly. CIsco grumbles, "I really hope this guy knows what he's doing."

When they arrived, there were only five minutes before the bombs go off. Before meeting The Flash and the police, Carter took one of the large curtains from the bank's windows. When he met up with The Flash and the police, he laid out the curtain "Put all of the boxes on the curtain." When all the boxes were placed on the curtain, he wrapped them up before whistling.

The Flash, Elongated Man, Cisco, and the police were confused at what Carter was doing. There were even more confused when he whistled as if calling for a taxi.

When Carter whistled, he was calling for Achilles’s chariot. Everyone, there was confused when Carter called for a taxi, when the space behind them cracked and a chariot pulled by three horses approached them. Carter took all the bombs and got onto his chariot and rode to the sky, counting the time it took for the bombs to go off. When he reached a high enough altitude away from any buildings, Carter threw away the bombs.

The Flash, Elongated Man, the CCPD, and everyone at S.T.A.R. Labs did not understand what they had just seen. A horse-drawn chariot appeared out of thin air and the green-haired man took the bombs and got on the chariot and rode through the air climbing higher and higher through the sky. The explosion in the sky woke them up from their stupor. After seeing the large explosion over the sky of Central City, everyone saw a green light moving very quickly, approaching them like a green meteor. Cisco as flabbergasted back at S.T.A.R. Labs, "Caitlin, pinch me because I must be dreaming. Did I just see a horse-drawn carriage appear out of thin air?"

After getting rid of the bombs, Carter went back to the bank. Everyone was eyeing him when he stopped the chariot in front of them. They were unsure of this unknown person’s allegiance.

9