Chapter 7: Meeting at the Garden
232 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carter told Elongated Man to carry the unconscious Flash and bring him on his chariot. Even though he was displeased with the entire setup, Elongated Man could not complain as he saw how fast Rider was on his chariot. Rider could take them to S.T.A.R. Labs in an instant. He carried the unconscious Flash onto the chariot.

Carter then told Elongated Man “Hold on to him and hold on tight. The ride may be smooth but I don’t want either of you flying off somewhere when I start moving.” The three of them left the bank and reached S.T.A.R. Labs. The entire trip felt almost like an instant for Ralph. It was then that he realized that if Rider were to travel at full speed, even Eddie would not be able to catch up to him. At the same time, his face became disfigured because of the intense speed and g-force. This is mainly due to his ability to stretch every part of his body. "TOO FAST!"

“Last stop, S.T.A.R. Labs. Please exit the chariot in a safe and orderly fashion. Please do not forget your luggage, carry-ons, and unconscious friends. Thank you for choosing the flying air chariot as your go-to mode of transport.” Ralph could only glare at Rider with a dissatisfied expression towards Rider’s insensitivity. As soon as he got off the chariot with Eddie in toe. "We have a lot of questions." He proceeded to go inside S.T.A.R Labs, everyone came rushing out to help get Eddie to the infirmary. While he was getting off the chariot, Rider Elongated Man a message, "Assassin will meet Flash at Central City Park in five days at 9:00 p.m. at the center of the garden maze." When Ralph turned around, he found that the Rider and his chariot were gone, but saw a green streak move away from S.T.A.R. Labs. Ralph repeated the message Rider left with him, "Central City Park, 9:00 p.m. Five days from now at the center of the garden maze."

After reaching his apartment, Carter changed back into his normal form before taking a shower and resting. It had been a rather eventful day for him. While he was going through the events that had just transpired, he felt guilty about giving The Flash so many injuries. He decided that it was time he imprinted a healer in case anything untoward happens to not just himself but everyone around him. He realized that he needed to imprint himself with a Caster class servant just in case.

When he went through all the information about the Caster servant, he realized that many of them had great mastery of magecraft. This was especially the case for the two Casters who were able to become Grand Class Servants. Merlyn, Arc Mage of the Rounds, and Solomon, the King of Magic. "Let's go with Solomon. I'm pretty sure he was more tricks up his sleeves." It is not just because Solomon was more powerful than Merlyn, but it is because the true Solomon had another identity, which was Dr. Romani Archaman. As Dr. Roman, he was the head of Chaldea’s medical department. He found out that if he imprinted Solomon as Caster, he could also take on Caster’s human form of Dr. Romani Archaman. This ability can be convenient in many ways.

“Imprint… Caster.” Once again, Carter found himself wrapped in light before revealing himself in the form of the King of Magic, Solomon. Carter now found himself with silver hair with part of it braided and was lying on his left shoulder, and wearing a black robe with white clothing underneath. He was also wearing the ten rings of Solomon. When Carter thought about the appearance of Dr. Roman, his form changed again to that of Dr. Roman. He now had red hair with a ponytail wearing an all-white attire, including the lab coat. He had white gloves on both of his hands. When he took on the form of Dr. Roman, he found that he was wearing the tenth ring of Solomon on his left hand underneath the glove.

Unlike his previous imprints, Caster did not require Carter to hone his strength with continuous training. He instead needed to be able to digest the vast amount of knowledge possessed by Solomon. "Wow, that is a lot of knowledge. I hope I can digest all of it." Normally, a person would have a mental breakdown if they tried to understand such a vast amount of information all at once. However, Carter felt that his body had changed after imprinting the other servants onto himself. He felt like he could receive more knowledge than the average person. It would take time but he would be able to fully utilize Solomon’s myriad of knowledge and magic. It would take more than a week to go through all of the information.

Carter passes his days as he normally would, go to work during the day, and understanding the knowledge of Solomon. As time passes by, it was time for his appointment with The Flash at the park.

Carter was waiting for The Flash at Central City Park. He patiently waited for his guest. At the center of the garden maze, was a picnic table. He waited there patiently whilst drinking some nice warm tea. Flash arrived at exactly 9.00 p.m.

The Flash spoke with an angry tone “I’m here, say what you have to say.” Assassin looked at Flash for a moment before pouring himself some more tea. Assassin brought an extra cup with him to give to The Flash. “Did you know that it’s considered rude to interrupt someone as they are enjoying their drink? I have brought an extra cup, if you want to listen to what I have to say, then sit down and drink the tea, and we can begin our discussion. So, please, sit.”

The Flash reluctantly agreed to Assassin’s proposal. The Flash sat down and slowly drank his tea. As he drank the tea, he somehow felt more calm and relaxed. "Not bad. Though I'm more of a coffee person." Carter simply looked at him while savoring his tea. “Now that you’ve calmed yourself, let’s talk.” Flash stared at Assassin before finally asking “should I call you Assassin or Li Shuwen?” Carter giggled “Whichever works for you, I don’t really care either way. Now, will your friends at S.T.A.R. Labs be eavesdropping on our conversation, or would I also be able to talk to them, either way, I don’t mind the slightest.”

Flash stared at Assassin “how do you know they have been talking to me through the earpiece?’ Carter took another sip of his tea “I have very sharp ears. I can hear every little thing they’re telling you.”

Seeing as how they were busted, Cisco and Wells told Eddie to activate the loudspeaker that they built into his suit. Cisco unable to stand Assassin’s behavior, spoke bluntly “What did you want to tell us that was so important? What sort of information could you possibly have that we would want?”

Carter took another sip before saying a single name “Grodd”. That one word suddenly got the attention of the entirety of Team Flash. “So, interested yet?” Team Flash was of course interested in this information. They had been trying to capture Grodd for an entire year. Just when they were close to catching him, he somehow got away.

“So, do you want the information?” Flash couldn’t help but nod “You know where Grodd is? How do we know that this isn’t a trick set to trap us?” Carter could only sigh at their reasoning. “To be more accurate, I don’t know where he is. But I know where he’s going to be? Furthermore, since I got you to come here, why would I need to trap you? Besides that, I can kick your butt, the same applies to Rider. Moving on, the prerequisite for this information is that we have an alliance. An alliance between Team Flash and the Servants of Alaya." The Flash was befuddled, "Servants of Alaya?" Carter nods, "Yes, it is the name of the organization I work for.”

“Why do you want to work with us? Since you have the ability to take care of everything yourselves” Carter could only smile from Cisco's statement. “That is true. However, we do not want to make an enemy out of Central City’s heroes. You are not our enemy. Now, if I may be so bold as to ask, why the mistrust? Why do you find it hard to believe that there are other people who just want to keep the city safe? Is it because you are unable to explain our abilities?" Carter begins to question Team Flash.

Cisco and Wells hated to admit it, but there are too many mysteries surrounding Assassin, and Rider, too many uncertainties. As Assassin claimed that they are part of an organization, then it is even greater uncertainty. They did not have much of a choice but to agree. Cisco grumbled but still gave an answer, "Fine. We agree to the team-up."

Seeing as how Team Flash agreed to his terms albeit reluctantly, he was delighted. Carter revealed all the information he obtained from the thugs at the docks. Team Flash found the information peculiar, Wells commented, 'This is very strange. Grodd normally doesn’t like humans, much less working with them. So, why the sudden change?"

9