Chapter 8: Medical Emergency
237 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite trading information with Team Flash regarding the psychic gorilla, Grodd, there was something bugging Carter. Something did not sit right with him. He felt like he was missing something. Some crucial pieces of information. But he did not know what it was. He needed to solve this mystery.

Even though he had made an agreement with Team Flash and helped them stop crimes. He felt like there was more to it. Then he recalled the identity of one of the Heroic Spirits on the Throne of Heroes. "Maybe he can solve this mystery, and get rid of this uneasy feeling I have." A master detective capable of solving any mystery. He needed to imprint that Ruler class servant. Thanks to this mystery, Carter now knew which servant he should imprint next.

“Imprint…Ruler”. Carter’s appearance started changing once again. This time he took on the appearance of Ruler. He now had the appearance of a noble Englishman, a gentleman. He was now sporting a suit and a black coat with sleek black hair combed back. Despite now carrying a pipe with him, Carter did not smoke. The Ruler class servant that he imprinted was the master detective Sherlock Holmes.

Using Ruler, Carter spent most of his nights moving around the city looking for clues regarding Grodd’s plans. "No, let's see what you're really up to." As the days go by, it was only two weeks until the transporting of meta-human prisoners from S.T.A.R. Labs to Iron Heights Penitentiary, where they had prepared a special block just for meta-human prisoners. A week before the transport, Carter decided to take a break from his search of Grodd.

Since it was his day off, he decided to spend it by taking a stroll around the city. As he was walking by a coffee shop when he noticed Eddie sitting at a table outside the coffee shop drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. Carter walks up to him and says "Hi". Seeing Carter, Eddie invites Carter to join him. "Carter, please, join me." Carter broke the ice “So, how have you been? Joe and Barry told me you were in and out of the emergency room for a while. What happened?” Eddie could not reveal the truth of what actually happened to him. So he told Carter a little white lie, “I’m a cop, getting hurt is just part of the job”. Carter could not argue with Eddie’s statement.

Carter felt like Eddie was hiding something from him, but decided it was better for their relationship not to ask him about it. He then proceeded to ask Eddie, "So, what are you doing here?" Eddie revealed that this shop was close to his apartment and that it is his day off. Carter could only nod. Carter saw in the newspaper that Eddie was reading that they are showing classical movies at the cinema. Among those movies were Charlie Chaplin and The Three Stooges. He told Eddie that after everything that has happened to the city recently, they needed a break and a good laugh. So Carter invited Eddie to come and join him, “Hey, Chaplin, and the Stooges are showing at the cinema. Let’s go to one of them. I feel like you need a break from all these recent cases. So, how about it?” Eddie was reluctant at first, but then he remembered that he has not had a good laugh in a while. "Okay, it's a date." The moment, Eddie said that he immediately regretted it, and both he and Carter blushed and shared an awkward silence. The tension was only broken when he made a suggestion, "Why don't we go as friends. This won't be awkward like a date or anything." So they both set out to the cinema. Along the way, they talked about their favorite movies, favorite books, favorite music, songs, etc.

Just as they were about to reach the cinema, they heard explosions and saw people running and screaming. When Eddie saw what was happening, he told Carter, "It looks like we'll have to put going to the movies, on hold for a while." With their plans now on hold, Eddie left Carter and went to call for Joe and ask him to bring back up. Eddie told Carter to find someplace to hide away from all the commotion.

When Eddie left Carter, he went and called Joe and S.T.A.R. Labs, "Guys, I need some backup. Something's going on, downtown." Eddie then used his super-speed to run back to his apartment to put on his Flash suit. When he came back to the scene, he saw a streak of fire flying above him. It was the nuclear-powered superhero, Firestorm. Firestorm landed right next to Flash, "Alright Flash, what have we got?" As the two moved to the source of the commotion, they see two female metas. One of them was touching cars, while the other made them float and flung them in all directions. The flung cars suddenly exploded upon contact. Cisco then spoke to them through their earpiece. “Turning anything she touches into explosives, and manipulating metal. Sounds like Plastique and Magenta to anyone?” Eddie found it weird that Plastique was doing this, since she did not want to harm innocent lives.

Despite his opinion, Eddie knew that they had to be stopped. When Eddie left Carter and told him to hide, Carter went behind an alley and imprinted Caster in case there was anyone that needed healing. However, he needed to look inconspicuous, so he took on the form of Dr. Roman. Throughout the fight, police, and paramedics evacuated everyone from the area and treated those who were injured.

When Carter saw that a paramedic was injured when a car was sent flying in his direction. He immediately took equipment from the Ambulance and tried to revive the injured and unconscious paramedic. Utilizing Dr. Roman’s medical skills and Solomon’s magic, Carter was able to safely revive the injured paramedic. "It's okay. Hang in there. I've got you. You're going to be fine." When police officers came to help them, Carter told the police officers and the other paramedic that he was a doctor, “I’m a doctor and I’ve already applied first aid. His condition is stable, and his life’s no longer in danger.” Carter then told the police and paramedic to take the unconscious paramedic away, and that he would go closer to the scene of the explosion to look for more victims.

Carter took some basic medical equipment that he could carry with him to look for more survivors. As he approached the site of the fight between the meta-humans, all he found was one unconscious meta-human, suffering from grave and fatal injuries. Carter immediately proceeded to heal him. In order to revive Firestorm, Carter used a combination of medical techniques supplemented with magic. “Don’t worry, I’ve got you. You’re going to be okay.”

After the fight ended, and Magenta and Plastique were subdued, Eddie went to find Ronnie, the main body for Firestorm. When he reached the location where Ronnie had landed, Eddie saw someone was providing him with first aid. As Eddie approached Ronnie and the person trying to resuscitate him, the person yelled out. “Flash, I’m a doctor and Firestorm is in critical condition. I need you to take us somewhere with proper equipment so that I can save his life.”

Watching through the monitors at S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin was grief-stricken as she saw Ronnie’s injuries and knew that the doctor wasn’t lying when he said that Ronnie was in critical condition. "Eddie, I need you to get them to the labs as quickly as possible." The doctor told Flash that there was an ambulance parked nearby and that he should use it to transport Ronnie somewhere he could receive treatment. Eddie brought the ambulance and helped put Ronnie on a stretcher before placing him in the back of the ambulance. The doctor had to tag along to make sure that Firestorm did not bleed out. When both Ronnie and the doctor were secured, Eddie drove them to S.T.A.R. Labs as fast as possible.

While Carter was treating Firestorm during transport, he placed a few spells on the ambulance to make it move faster. When they finally arrived, Carter told Flash to immediately take them to the emergency room. When Caitlin saw Ronnie in such a condition, she wanted to immediately do all that she could to save his life. “You can’t perform the operation alone. Let me help.” Seeing as how he could not conduct the operation alone, he accepted Caitlin’s help. After several hours of surgery, they were able to save his life.

After the operation, Carter found someplace to sit down and pretended to be fatigued so that no one would be suspicious of him.

While Carter was resting on a nearby bed in the infirmary, Caitlin informed her friends of Ronnie’s condition and how the surgery went. “Thankfully, the operation went well. Ronnie’s going to make a full recovery.” She told them that this doctor was amazing. He used methods to save Ronnie’s life that she had not even heard of before. Despite their skepticism, they were grateful to the doctor for saving the life of their friend and Caitlin’s fiancé Ronnie.

7