Chapter 9: Clues, Plot, Motive
209 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caitlin was thankful to Carter for saving her fiancé Ronnie’s life Caitlin then introduced herself and her colleagues. “I’m Caitlin Snow, Ronnie’s, Firestorm’s fiancé. This is Cisco, Dr. Wells, Joe, Barry, Ralph, and Iris.” Carter was shocked to find out that Joe and Barry were a part of Team Flash.

Carter greeted everyone and looked around the room. He then introduced himself “I’m Dr. Romani Archaman, Roman for short. I am sorry that you had to bring me here to S.T.A.R. Labs. I know it was to keep Firestorm’s identity a secret. I swear that I’ll keep this secret till the day I die. After all, we have doctor-patient confidentiality. I know I’m not supposed to stay here but I need to keep an eye on my patient’s condition.”

The entire team believes that they could trust Dr. Roman’s words because despite what had happened today, he still cared for his patient. After sending the doctor and Ronnie to S.T.A.R. Labs, Eddie ran back to the scene of the fight, to put Magenta, and Plastique in the meta-human holding cells at S.T.A.R Labs.

After The Flash had put the two meta-humans in their holding cells, he went to the control room. There he saw Carter chatting with Caitlin about Firestorm’s condition. When he arrived, Cisco told The Flash that Dr. Roman could be trusted. The Flash then walked up to Dr. Roman and Caitlin and introduced himself while taking off his mask. “Dr. Roman right, thank you for saving Ronnie, Firestorm’s life. If you weren’t there who knows what would’ve happened. Well, technically you would probably know. Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself, everyone knows me as The Flash, but you can call me Eddie.”

Seeing The Flash taking off his mask, Carter was shocked. He was shocked to see that Eddie was the one behind the mask of The Flash. Seeing as how Eddie was the person behind the mask, all Carter could feel was guilt. He especially felt guilty for giving his benefactor the beating of his life, guilty for beating Eddie up to the point that he of an inch of his life. "Oh, shit. I am so stupid. I did that to him. Eddie, I am so sorry." That was what Carter thought the moment Eddie revealed himself as The Flash.

When Eddie introduced himself and shook Carter’s hand, the only thing that Carter could do was to give an awkward laugh. After chatting with everyone, he went to check on his patient. He did this because he knew Ronnie was about to wake up because he used healing magic throughout the operation to heal him a lot faster. Carter thought to himself, "After what I did to him. I just don't have the heart to face him."

As Carter was checking on Ronnie’s condition, he noticed that the hero was regaining consciousness. “Rise and shine, sleepyhead. I’ve already fixed you up, a good rest for a few days, away from all the action, and you will be good as new.” Ronnie could only nod at the unknown person standing beside his bed.

When Ronnie woke, Carter left the infirmary to tell everyone that Ronnie has woken up. "Hey, everybody, he's awake." He then brought everyone into the infirmary to see Ronnie. While they were talking to Ronnie, Caitlin introduced Carter as Dr. Roman, "Ronnie, this is Doctor Roman. He's the person who performed first-aid and the operation that saved your life." When Ronnie heard this, he immediately thanked Dr. Roman for saving his life. Carter could only reciprocate “Don’t mention it. It is a doctor’s duty to save lives.” Ronnie wanted to rest but he knew that he could not stay as Firestorm forever, so he split himself back into the two people that make-up Firestorm, Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein. Carter spoke in his head, "Like I'm a real doctor. That confidentiality agreement doesn't really apply to me. But I need their trust."

Carter was shocked to see that Firestorm was made up of two people fused together. Everyone in the room looked at Carter “Shocker right? Who knew Firestorm was made up of the fusion two people?” Wells then proceeded to explain that Firestorm is made up of both Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein. Ronnie became the base for the fusion, the body, while Martin made up the mind, or to put it more accurately, the part of Firestorm that makes him a genius. Ronnie could not help but feel hurt by Dr. Well’s remark. "Ouch. I'm pretty smart too, you know." Dr. Wells argued, "Yes, but not as smart as Stein." He then continued his explanation saying that Martin acts as a separate consciousness giving Ronnie information and advice. Carter could only nod in understanding through Well’s explanation of Firestorm.

After chatting with everyone for quite some, Carter left S.T.A.R. Labs. Everyone told him that he would be welcomed there anytime. When he left S.T.A.R Labs, ha saw that it was already dark. He went back to the scene of Eddie and Ronnie’s fight with Magenta and Plastique before going home. When he reached the location, Carter imprinted Ruler to observe the surroundings to find the clues he was searching for. Using Ruler’s ability and deductive reasoning, he was now 100% percent sure that a plot is afoot.

As to what the plot is, he could not be sure. When he returned to his apartment, he need to sort through all the information he had found regarding this crime. With all the clues that he had gathered, he knew that Grodd was up to something. This is because when Carter investigated the crime scene, he found gorilla fur. There was not much, but it was enough for him to make a hypothesis. Furthermore, he found two mind control devices that were partially destroyed near the scene. He had enough information to make a conclusion. To put it more accurately, he found receivers, two of them in fact. “What’re you up to Grodd?”

The receivers were meant to receive signals from a controller. More accurately a mind controller. This means that Grodd was controlling Magenta and Plastique throughout the entire ordeal. That was what Eddie meant when he said that it was unlike Plastique to behave like this.

With this kind of ability at his disposal, Carter had a fairly good idea of what Grodd was planning. However, he still could not find the motive for this. "What did Grodd actually want? Wanting the entire team dead is a given, this especially applies to Eddie, but what is he actually after? That is the question."

7