Chapter 10: Attack on the Prison Transport
204 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the day for transporting, the dangerous metas drew near, Carter spent most of his time alternating between the diner, patrolling, and going to S.T.A.R. Labs. While he was at S.T.A.R Labs, he mostly observed the condition of Ronnie and Professor Stein, making sure that they could get involved during the prisoner transport. When he was not observing Firestorm’s condition, he spent his time with Team Flash and helping out wherever he could at the same time gather information.

Finally, the day of the transport arrived, all the meta-humans that Flash had defeated so far had been placed in meta-human dampening confinement cells at S.T.A.R. Labs. All the metas would be transported to their new permanent residence at Iron Heights Penitentiary. When the large transport truck arrived to transport the prisoners, all of the prisoner’s cells were attached to the truck before opening the cells to the cells in the truck.

When all the prisoners were accounted for, and the prisoner transfer papers were signed, the transport convoy left S.T.A.R. Labs. Everyone at S.T.A.R. Labs, Carter as Dr. Roman included, watched the monitors as the convoy pulled away, and their mission began. They had to protect the convoy. Eddie, Ralph, Ronnie, and Stein, moved behind the transport convoy and kept their distance. Everyone at S.T.A.R. Labs was observing the entire situation through their monitors to ensure nothing untoward happen. However, luck for that day was not on their side.

As Assassin had told them, the convoy would be attacked, and he was right. Mid-way through the journey, several black SUVs inched closer and closer to the convoy. The sunroof opened up from one of the SUVs and Trickster appeared with an RPG in hand. "Alright boys, party time!" He fires at one of the convoy vehicles in front of the truck. The car flipped and exploded and was hit by the transport truck. The truck then swerved into oncoming traffic, before tipping over.

When they saw the convoy being attacked, Eddie, Ralph, and Firestorm immediately came to the rescue after they had been following behind the transport all day. They managed to subdue Trickster and his thugs fairly easily because they were dealing with normal people.

However, Trickster and his thugs were not the only ones attacking the convoy. As the heroes were subduing the thugs, the weather suddenly took a turn and the temperature suddenly dropped. It was supposed to be a sunny day, but the skies suddenly became dark, and thunder and lightning could be heard. Seeing the sudden change in weather, only one person came to mind, Mark Mardon, the Weather Wizard. Watching the monitors, Cisco slams his hand against the table, "Seriously. Grodd's got Weather Wizard on his payroll?"

When Mardon arrives on the scene, he struck the transport truck with lightning to disable the meta-human dampening properties. His attempt however did not disable the dampening properties on all of the cells. S.T.A.R. Labs was monitoring the entire attack, found that the dampening properties of some of the cells have been disabled. “Here’s a weather forecast for you Flash. A thunderstorm, followed by hail and a high possibility for a breakout.” They saw on their monitors the live recording from the truck’s onboard camera, that a few of the prisoners broke out of their cells. They then told the heroes, that some of the prisoners have escaped. “Eddie, Ralph, Ronnie, the prisoners got out. A bunch more metas will be joining the party. You better watch out.” Eddie then asked who had escaped and Cisco told him “Girder, Atom Smasher, and Multiplex.”

Weather Wizard started making large pieces of hail before sending them towards the heroes. Eddie used his speed to dodge the large pieces of ice, Ralph stretched his body around the oncoming hail to avoid them, while Ronnie melted them before they came too close. Seeing as his attacks missed, Weather Wizard summoned lightning and struck the heroes. Eddie and Ronnie could only dodge with Eddie running around the area dodging and Ronnie was flying as fast as he can trying to dodge the lightning, while Ralph did not mind being hit by the lightning as the power that makes him elastic, makes it so that he does not conduct electricity.

Cisco told the heroes of the prisoner’s escape as they were trying to fend off Weather Wizard. When Eddie turned to glance at the prison transport, he saw the door of the truck being torn open from the inside. From the tear, he could see Atom Smasher, Girder, and Multiplex coming out of the truck. The moment the three meta-humans left the confines of the truck, they immediately rushed to attack Eddie.

Seeing as how things were not going their way, Firestorm started blasting fireballs at Weather Wizard. Weather Wizard retaliated against Firestorm’s attacks by using lightning and hail. Weather Wizard had to make sure he kept his distance. Because of their battle, fire and lightning filled the skies with dark clouds hovering above them.

While Ronnie was dealing with Weather Wizard, Ralph was having a hard time dealing with Multiplex. He was basically fighting an entire army by himself. He found Multiplex’s ability to multiply himself very annoying because no matter how many of them he took out, more of them kept coming. “Guys, a little help here. Which one’s the original? Because I can’t keep this up forever.” He knew the only way to stop them was to subdue the original, but he found that finding the original was easier said than done. The longer he fought them, the more tired he would get, he did not know how long he could last.

Just like the other two, Eddie was having just as hard a time having to deal with both Girder and Atom Smasher. Even though they could not keep up with his speed, his attacks do not have that much effect on them. Atom Smasher’s sheer size makes it hard for Eddie to land a hit without having to climb the giant, but Eddie knew that if he did so, Atom Smasher would be able to grab him and smash him into the ground. In Girder’s case, it would be like trying to break steel. Eddie could not hurt Girder without hurting himself in the process. If he were removed from the battle, Firestorm, and Ralph would have a harder time having to deal with four super-powered criminals.

While the heroes were busy fighting, everyone at S.T.A.R. Labs was complaining. "Where is their backup? Where are the Servants of Alaya?" Cisco, Joe, and Barry were fuming with anger. “Where are they? They said that they wanted to form an alliance to stop Grodd. I don’t see them helping in any way or form.” Carter who was in the same room, could not help but sigh as the entire Servants of Alaya is just him. While they were all letting out their frustrations, he quietly left the room before using Solomon’s magic to teleport himself to the location of the battle. Right before he left, he created a copy of himself and sent it back into the command room.

The moment he appeared at the scene, Carter changed his imprint. “Imprint…Archer”. Carter now had the form of EMIYA. He made sure to teleport himself somewhere close to the battle without actually be on the battlefield. It would be very suspicious if he suddenly appeared at the scene of the battle. As he casts his vision across the scene of the battle, carter used EMIYA’s hawk eyes to see every single detail of the battle without missing anything.

As he sets his gaze on the battle, a bow appeared in one hand while a sword with the shape of a drill appeared in the other. He then reshaped the sword into an arrow and he placed the sword on the bow before pulling the string back and firing it towards Atom Smasher. He then knocked another by targeting the original multiplex. When he fired the arrow he shouted “Caladbolg”.

Atom Smasher and multiplex were distracted because of their battle with the heroes that they did not notice projectiles flying at them at high speed. When the sword hit Atom Smasher, he was knocked down by the sheer force of Carter’s attack. He was not just simply knocked down, he was unconscious. That single attack was all that Carter needed to incapacitate the towering giant. Carter made sure that when he fired his arrows, it was powerful enough to incapacitate the giant, but not too strong to the point that it would kill him.

In Multiplex’s case, the arrow hit the ground beneath his feet and sent him flying to the truck. The impact he received from being blown to the truck knocked him unconscious. When Ralph saw that one of the Multiplex was sent flying by the explosion, he noticed that the number of Multiplexes he was facing was decreasing until the point where they all disappeared. Seeing as how the Multiplexes started disappearing the moment the one sent flying loss consciousness, he realized that, that one was the original. However, he did not know where the explosion came from, or from who, but he knew that this person helped him. "Alright, the original's out cold."

With Atom Smasher and Multiplex incapacitated, the only remaining enemy meta-humans are Weather Wizard and Girder.

After taking down Atom Smasher and Multiplex, Carter approaches the scene of battle. As he approaches, Weather Wizard and Girder could not help but feel worried since the person was able to take down Atom Smasher in one hit. As Carter came closer, everyone stopped fighting to observe who this new person is to not just interrupt their fight but also be able to incapacitate the towering giant that is Atom Smasher. Weather Wizard saw that the person had white hair, tanned skin, and was wearing red and black clothes. As he inched closer and closer to them, Weather Wizard could not help but ask for the assailant’s identity “Who are you to get in the way of our fight and take out Atom Smasher and Multiplex? Why are you here and interrupting us?” Weather Wizard was dissatisfied with the entire situation. They were winning, they were able to push Flash and his team to the brink. Then someone interfered and jeopardized his mission. Furthermore, he felt like the balance of power have tipped in The Flash’s favor with the arrival of this unknown assailant.

Listening to Weather Wizard’s question, Carter could not think of it as a mere joke. It was a given for him to save the heroes of Central City. Additionally, he still felt guilty from the beatings he gave Eddie. However, he decided to answer Weather Wizard’s question. “I am Archer, a member of the Servants of Alaya. As to why I am helping them, we made a deal with them to ensure all the prisoners arrive at the prison without any problems. And to stop you and your boss. Yes, we know all about your plan. This part and the other part of your plan.”

Weather Wizard was shocked because aside from everyone that attacked the convoy today, no one knew about the plan. Then he heard that there was another part to the plan. This was the first time he heard of this. He could not help but mutter, "What other part?" After answering Weather Wizard’s question, Carter continued his attack.

As he said that, Carter ran towards Girder. As he ran, two swords appeared on each hand and started attacking Girder. Eddie’s attacks may not have left too much damage to the meta-human with a body of steel, but Carter’s attacks actually made him feel pain. As he was attacking Girder, Carter told Eddie to charge up some lightning and fling it at Girder to shock him. Since he was covered in steel, it made him highly conductible.

Realizing what Archer told him to do, Eddie started running around in a circle increasing in speed to charge his lightning ready to throw it at Girder. When Archer gave Eddie the signal, Eddie threw out the lightning bolt at Girder. The moment the attack hit, Girder was sent flying. He lost consciousness not just from the impact of the attack but also because of the shock and electricity that was now coursing through his entire body.

8