Chapter 13: Thawne’s Plot, Revealed (Part 2)
205 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Eddie and the team heard the Englishman say this, they immediately looked towards Wells and backs away from him. Thawne could not but reveal himself. He giggled and smirked. “So, what gave me away? I was pretty sure I didn’t leave any traces of my actions or whereabouts.”

Ruler smiled “Elementary my dear Eobard. There were very few clues to your involvement in this matter. But just because there were only a small amount of clues to go from, does not mean there weren’t any. For example, I went to the site of the fight against Plastique and Magenta. I was there that day and I heard everything, so I looked around and sure enough, I found a mind-control device. Flash said that it was out of character for Plastique to attack civilians. That could lead to many conclusions but only one stood out. That she was being manipulated by the will of another. The same theory could also be applied to Magenta.”

Ruler continued his deduction “Grodd may have had the ability to influence the minds of others, but that ability is limited to proximity. Furthermore, Grodd may be intelligent, but not to the point that he could create something like a mind-control device. He would need someone with the know-how to build it. That would be you, and the fact that such technology doesn’t exist in this era yet proves my point, more to the point, such technology shouldn’t even have been invented yet. The only possible conclusion is that it is technology from the future.”

Eobard could not help but smile seeing as how someone was able to figure out his plan so accurately. Eobard applauds, "Not bad. You figured it out with on crumbs. Color me impressed." Everyone backed away even further seeing the dangerous villain Eobard Thawne admit to the reveal. They were quite intimidated to face Eobard knowing how powerful he is. Seeing as how he was the first greatest threat that they faced. Eobard then asked for the identity of the person who revealed his plan. "You revealed what I was up to. You even figured out my identity. so tell me this, who are you? You should really introduce yourself." “Pardon me, with all this commotion I forgot to introduce myself. I am Ruler, the leader of the Servants of Alaya. This person beside me, the one you call Dr. Roman is Caster. The master of magic for the Servants.” Carter then simply waved at everyone.

With his identity revealed, Eobard wanted to make a run for it and retrieve his real objective. Just as he was about to leave the room, Carter pulled out of his pocket a small canister containing lightning. "Looking for this?" Eobard stopped what he was doing and could not help but stare wide-eyed at the canister in Caster’s hand. It was the speed energy he was collecting from Eddie. That little canister had enough speed energy to restore him to full power. He was shocked and enraged and spoke out his thoughts “How did you get your hands on that, I made sure I hid it in a safe place, away from the eyes of others.” Eobard wanted to rush at Caster and retrieve his canister, but the moment he was about to reach Caster. He found himself unable to move forward. He felt like he was being tied down. It was as if there were chains bound to him. He then looked down and was stunned by what he saw.

When Eobard tried to rush him and retrieve his canister, Carter used a magic spell to tie down the speedster. He tied down the man from the future with the only bindings that the speedster could not get rid of, his own shadow. Eddie could not help but feel disappointed again with this descendant of his. "Again Eobard? When will you ever learn?" This was not the first time the man used his powers for crime. He even thought that he sent the man back to the future to face justice for his crimes. It appears he somehow found a way to return to the past again.

Everyone then asked Eobard what he did to Dr. Wells, but before he could answer, Ruler revealed the answer to their question. “Harrison Wells is still alive. Caster, bring him out here.” Carter then warped the space beside him and pulled out someone from the meta-human cells in the pipeline.

Eobard was shocked at what Caster did. He did not just warp space but also pulled out the person he kept hidden in the pipeline. He had knocked the man out before placing him in the cell. Eobard then froze him with Captain Cold’s Cold Gun, preserving him in suspended animation so that he did not have to worry about him.

After Carter brought Dr. Wells out from his confinement, he used Solomon’s magic to thaw him out and revive him. The ice melted and he regained consciousness but was still suffering from the cold. He told Caitlin to take him to the infirmary and keep him warm.

After Caitlin and Iris left with Dr. Wells, Ruler continued his explanation of Eobard’s plan. “Thawne’s plan was to siphon The Flash’s speed and use it on himself. With it, he could become the most powerful speedster in the world, then possibly return back to his own time and cause havoc on the people of his era. This is just a guess at this point.”

Ruler kept looking at Thawne “In case you were wondering how I knew about Wells and the energy canister. That was all thanks to Caster. I told him to use detection magic every time he was here. It took a while, but we eventually found out about your little scheme. In the case of Wells, since you put him in suspended animation most life sign detectors would be unable to detect their weakened life signs. However, such a thing was simple using Caster’s magic. Even the faintest signs of life could be detected. As for the canister of speed energy, Caster detected it in a similar fashion. He told me that he found a large concentration of speed energy in S.T.A.R. Labs. Flash didn’t need it because he could generate a huge amount of it. Then I asked myself, who wanted that energy? Who could use that energy? When asking that question, only one name pops to mind, and that is you Eobard Thawne.

Barry then looked at Thawne and then Ruler and Caster, “That was how you found out his plan and identity, so my question is, when did you figure it out, and why didn’t you tell us about it? We trusted you.”

Ruler explained himself “We found out some time after Flash’s fight with Magenta and Plastique. As for why we didn’t tell you, well, we didn’t want Thawne to know we were on to him. If he found out that we knew, who knows what he would have done. Humans can be very unpredictable that way. Now that everything is out of the bag, what do you want to do? I suggest sending him to Iron Heights because sending him back to the future would be no different than setting him free.”

It was decided that they would send Thawne and Grodd to Iron heights. After the decision was made, Carter and Ruler left Thawne with Eddie, Joe, Barry, and Cisco, while they went to the infirmary. On the way there, Carter wrapped the copy of Ruler in light before making it disappear. He could just use the excuse that Ruler was teleported out of S.T.A.R. Labs since no one here understood the nature of magic let alone teleportation magic.

When He arrived at the infirmary, Carter told Iris and Caitlin to step away from Ralph and Firestorm. Carter placed himself between the two beds with the heroes lying on them and used healing magic. Through his magic, their rate of recovery was visible to the naked eye. After several minutes, they recovered to full health. After treating the two heroes, he proceeded to heal Wells. After a few minutes, the color returned to his face and he was no longer shivering. Seeing as his job was done, he was about to leave when Iris and Caitlin stopped him. Despite hiding the truth from them, they knew it was for their own safety, they could only say “Thank you, for everything.” Carter also thanked them for trusting in him, enough for the plan to work. They then told him that he was welcomed at S.T.A.R. Labs anytime. He nodded and wrapped himself in bright light before teleporting out of the facility.

5