Chapter 18: Earth Prime (Part 2)
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carter took Cisco’s hand to inspect the command seal, but Cisco pulled his hand back and backed away from him. Cisco did not know who this person was to suddenly appear from a breach and suddenly took his hand to look at his tattoo.

When Cisco, backed away, Carter apologized for his behavior. "I'm sorry. I know I caught you by surprise. But I have one just like it." He then revealed to Cisco that he also had a similar tattoo. Carter then told Eddie to show them he had one too. As they showed the command seals to each other, Barry did not deem the two newcomers as a threat and took them to the command room.

When they reached the command room, Joe had just arrived with Cecile, to discuss with them the changes that occurred post Crisis. Seeing Eddie enter the room, Joe was stunned. He was stunned because Eddie had died five years ago. He sacrificed his life to try to stop Eobard Thawne, The Reverse-Flash. When Joe sees Eddie in front of him alive, he could not help but hug his friend. “I missed you, partner”.

When Eddie and Carter entered the command room, he found it weird for Joe to suddenly hug him. “I miss you too, Joe.” Eddie gave Joe a weird look. Why did this Joe suddenly hug him? Just as he was about to ask Joe, why the man suddenly hugged him, he could not help but remember what the man just said “What do you mean, missed? Why did you say it in, past tense?”

Listening to Eddie’s question, they told him to sit down and listen to their story. After Eddie and Carter listened to Team Flash explain what happened, Eddie could not help but release an exasperated sigh “That brat is still causing problems, even here.” While everyone was sitting down, eating, and telling them what had happened, Carter decided to introduce himself and tell the Earth-Prime version of Team Flash why they came to Earth-Prime.

Carter explained that both he and Eddie came from Earth-43, and that Eddie is The Flash of Earth-43, and that they came to Earth-Prime to seek Cisco’s assistance. Carter then revealed to them about the Holy Grail War, and what could happen if they were to lose the war. Listening to Carter’s explanation, most of the members of Team Flash were skeptical of the subject. Carter knew he would not be able to convince them of the subject, so he gave them a flash drive containing unedited footage from the news report of his fight with Berserker.

When they saw the video, all forms of doubts disappeared from their minds. Because Carter told them, "Now, there are going to be six other servants like the one you had just seen, and some of them are far more powerful and destructive." Carter explained the Throne of Heroes to them, as well as the masters and command seals.

When Carter finished his explanation, Cisco looked at the command seal on his hand and felt a little intimidated. "Such power from such a little thing," Thought of this scared him. Carter then revealed that he came to Earth-Prime to ask for the paragon detector. He wanted Cisco to calibrate it to search for masters instead.

Cisco told them that it could be done, "Sure, I can do it. but it's going to take time." Cisco told them that he needed to scan the command seals' energy fluctuations before he can calibrate the device. Carter then made a suggestion, "Can you make a small portable version. Because I don't really want to travel to the other Earths and have to lug around a big piece of equipment." Cisco understood their plight and said he would try.

With the matter of the locator settled, Carter and Eddie did not know what to do. Joe then suggests, "Maybe you two can have a look around the city. Maybe there are differences between the two Earths." Carter said that he was still tired from the fight with Berserker, and he did not want to do anything too strenuous. Joe then suggests, "Okay then, how about you two go catch a movie." Joe suggested this as there was currently a showing of classical movies. Carter and Eddie accepted the offer as they were unable to go see a movie the last time because of Magenta and Plastique. Joe then realized that their new friends from Earth-43 did not have a place to stay for the night. When he asked Cecile about it, “Okay, so I asked Cecile about the two of you staying with us for a while and she agreed. So the two of you are gonna stay at our house for the time being. You guys can stay for as long as you like until this whole Holy Grail War thing is settled.” Carter and Eddie both thanked Joe and Cecile for their hospitality.

Carter and Eddie spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies, back to back at the cinema. When they exited the cinema, it was already 7:00 p.m. The two of them decided to go for dinner at a restaurant near the cinema, before going to Joe and Cecile’s house. Joe and Cecile greeted them when they arrived. Joe told them that they could take the extra guest bedroom beside the bathroom. “Hey guys, welcome to our humble abode. Now we’ve got a room for the two of you upstairs. You guys don’t mind sharing a room right? We don’t have that many rooms upstairs since one of them was converted into a nursery and another into a home office. So I hope you guys don’t mind sharing the room. Also, there’re fresh blankets, pillows, and towels in the closet in case you need any.”

The two of them went to the room that Joe and Cecile had prepared for them. When they reached the bedroom, they realized that they had to share the bed. Both of them blushed and turned away from each other. Carter then returned back to his original form instead of that of Dr. Roman. But before he did so he took out the bags that he had kept for them in the pocket dimension.

Carter went to the bathroom to take shower. When he came back to the room, he found that Eddie was now in a towel and was waiting for him to exit the bathroom so that he could take a shower. When Eddie went to take a shower, Carter lost himself for a moment when he remembered Eddie’s perfectly chiseled body and only wearing a towel. His face had turned completely red.

Carter regained his train of thought and dressed himself in his pajamas before sitting on the bed. Carter realized the disparity in strength when he fought Berserker. "Looks like I'm not strong enough." He knew that he needed to get stronger. He decided that he should imprint a new servant onto himself. He decided to imprint the Saber class servant. He went through all the information available before choosing one that he found suitable.

The one he chose, was the Saber class servant that could not withstand seeing his father carry the burden of ruling all of Britain alone, without seeking the help of his knights, who eventually betray him because he would not place any sort of trust on them. That servant herself betrayed her father and brought their enemies into the kingdom so that he could be king and relieve his father from the burden of being king. The Saber class servant that Carter chose to imprint is the Knight of Treachery, Mordred.

Just as Carter was about to imprint Mordred, Eddie came out of the shower and into the room. Water still dripping from his chiseled body as he was wiping his hair. Carter could not help but be distracted by Eddie’s perfectly crafted physique. Carter while still distracted said, “Imprint…Saber”.

Just as Eddie left the bathroom and entered the bedroom, he was wiping his hair when a bright light appeared in front of him. When the light dispersed, he found that there was now a blond man in exquisite armor standing before him. He was standing still, shocked at what he just saw as a bright light appeared, and then was replaced by a man adorned in armor. While he was wiping his hair and was distracted by the knight that just appeared before him, the towel around his waist loosened and fell to the floor, and he did not even notice it.

Carter after taking the form of Mordred was just about to digest all of Mordred’s memories when saw how Eddie’s towel loosened and fell to the floor. He could not help but blush and turn around as his face was turning red. He then told Eddie that his towel fell. "Your towel. Put in back on."

When Eddie noticed what had just happened, he immediately picked up the towel and turned around, his face turning red from the embarrassment. He then quickly put on his pajamas. He now found it hard to look at the knight that had just seen him naked. He could only ask “Carter is that you? Did you see anything?”

Carter turned around and told him the honest truth. “Yeah, it’s me, and I didn’t see anything.” Eddie was skeptical because despite Carter saying he did not see him completely naked, he was nodding. Carter may have told him a lie but his body did not hide the truth. Eddie then said, “Let's not talk about this”. Carter then reverted back to his real form and they both went to bed, neither of them saying a word. Even though he did not say it, Carter could not help it and think to himself, he admired that Eddie had a perfectly sculpted physique. He has a completely perfect body. It is perfect in every way.

2