Chapter 20: Blue Valley
91 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a plan established, it was time for them to set off. Carter imprinted Solomon and used his magic to locate the coordinates for Earth-212. When he was able to find it, he immediately wanted to open a breach. Just as he was about to open the breach, Cisco approached him and Eddie. “Alright guys, I have made what you requested, a mobile version of the master locator. Use these to find your targets. Because it's more compact, the range of the device is greatly limited. Only when you’re within possibly a mile of the master will it start detecting the target. Until then, the device will stay silent. On a final note, the devices also act as communicators. Good Luck!”

Carter and Eddie said their farewells for the moment before Carter opened a breach to Earth-212. When the breach was opened, the pair stepped into it.

Earth-212: Blue Valley

Courtney comes home frustrated. She was unable to find out more about the Injustice Society of America’s plan. She knew that the ISA had been moving around in the shadows trying to achieve an objective, but she didn’t know what it was. Even though, she and her friends, the new Justice Society of America (JSA) were able to find and infiltrate the ISA’s base of operations.

She knew that nothing could be done about it. The only thing she could do was to keep training. She met up with her friends Yolanda, Beth, Rick, and Henry, for her stepfather, Pat’s training lessons. The previous time they trained, Pat told them about the members of the ISA. Which of them they needed to be wary of. He told them that today’s training would focus on their teamwork. He told them that they could not win in a face-to-face battle against them.

They trained for two hours, but without much result. Because Courtney wanted to show off her abilities, the others were unable to display the full extent of their abilities. After training ended, they left Pat’s garage and went to the hospital. Courtney wanted to visit their friend Joey, who has been in a coma since an accident. When Courtney revealed, that Joey’s accident was not an accident but was instead perpetrated by Icicle, the leader of the ISA, all of her friends were shocked. Ever since that day, she had come to visit Joey as often as possible, hoping that he would wake up. She felt responsible for his condition because the accident occurred when Icicle called her out. During their fight, the innocent magician became a casualty of their fight.

During her visits, she met with Joey’s father, councilman William Zarick. "Hey, Mister Zarick. Will he be able to wake up any time soon?" The councilman did not answer her. He simply sat quietly by his son's bed. He felt responsible for Joey’s condition for some reason. When they first met, Courtney told him that Joey was the first friend she made when she moved to Blue Valley. He was such a kind and friendly person. After visiting her friend, Courtney went home.

Somewhere at the town border of Blue Valley, a breach opened and two people stepped out of it. The pair had just left Earth-Prime to look for the two masters on this Earth. When they stepped out of the breach, Carter looked around and saw a sign by the side of the road. “Welcome to Blue Valley. This is the place that Cisco’s device pointed to. So the two masters must be here.” Carter looked at the sky and found that the sun was setting. He asks Eddie "So you want to camp out or find an inn or a hotel?" He said he preferred to stay indoors.

Carter imprinted Achilles, and the pair ran towards the town. When they arrived, they went around the town for a while before finding a hotel, the Blue Valley Inn. Before leaving, Cisco had told them that all the Earths use the same currency despite some minor differences. When they checked in to the hotel, they asked for a room with two beds and paid for their rooms for several nights stay. After checking their rooms, the pair left the hotel to find a place to eat. They returned to their room after they had their dinner.

“I know we’ll start the search in the morning, but how do you want to do it?” Carter asks Eddie. Eddie's answer "I guess our best course of action for the moment would be to split up. We'll each take a part of the town and meet back after a few hours". After discussing what to do, the pair lay on their beds and fell asleep.

They woke up in the morning, freshened up, and went to grab a bite to eat. They went to a nearby diner to eat breakfast, before splitting up. The pair left the diner and ran around town at speeds that could not be seen with the naked eye. They did not know who they were looking for, their only clue being the command seal.

Their search did not bore any fruit on the first day. Carter and Eddie met back at the diner around sunset. While the pair were busy searching for the two masters, they were unaware of the storm that was brewing in the small town.

While they were having their dinner at the diner, a group of teenagers walked in. While they were having their meal, the locator activated and signaled that the target was a few feet from them. When Carter looked at the location of the signature, it pointed to the table with the group of teenagers.

The group sat down and ordered their food before Henry tells his friends that his father had just woken up from his coma, but he is suffering from amnesia. Henry told them about his father's condition, "I'm happy that my dad woke up." But he told them that shortly afterward, Jordan Mahkent arrived and took him away. Henry overheard them talking, "It's alright Henry, I can help you get your memories back." When Courtney heard this, she became worried, because Henry’s father, Brainwave knows her identity. If he remembers and tells Jordan, her family would be in danger. They needed to infiltrate the ISA base and find Brainwave, and stop him from regaining his memories.

Throughout the conversation, Beth noticed the red tattoo on Henry’s right hand, It looked like a diamond surrounded by fire. Henry told them that he did not know where the tattoo came from because he never wanted to get one.

While the new JSA was discussing their plans, Carter overheard their conversation. His senses became sharper after imprinting the various servants. When he overheard them discussing Henry's red tattoo, he immediately recognized it as a command seal. This red-haired jock was one of the masters that they were looking for. Carter used magic that he learned from Solomon to cast a locator spell, an observation spell, and a danger detection spell. Carter got up and went to the diner bathroom, as he passed by their table, he casts the spell on the jock.

When they returned to their room, Carter revealed to Eddie "Alright Eddie, I placed a locator and detection spell on the kid. This way, we can keep tabs on him and his friends until we can back to Earth-Prime.

3