Chapter 21: The Second Master of Blue Valley
86 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the attack, Pat took his entire family, Justin, and the JSA to his cabin in the woods for refuge. Earlier during the day, Pat was attacked by Sportsmaster, while his wife, Barbara, Courtney, and his son Mike were attacked by Sportsmaster’s wife, Huntress. Even though they managed to get away, they were now in hiding and their circumstances were dire.

When they got there, Pat gave Rick, his father’s diary. Pat told him that it was the reason Pat came to Blue Valley. “Your father wrote in his diary a lot of things. He told me that the secret to the ISA’s plot is hidden in there somewhere. But the diary’s a code. I don’t know how to solve it. You knew him best, maybe you can solve it. Then we can stop the ISA’s plan, whatever it is.”

Rick took his father’s diary from Pat and found someplace secluded to study the diary. The rest of the JSA could only train, and prepare for the coming battle.

While the JSA were hiding in their cabin. Eddie and Carter continued their search for the other master. Eddie ran around Blue Valley before giving Carter his report. “I’ve run around this entire town several times and I still couldn’t find the second master. Carter, are you sure he’s here?” When Eddie called, Carter was passing by the hospital when the locator detected, a master. “Eddie, come to the hospital. I think I have found the second master.”

Using the locator, they were able to find the person that they were looking for. They found a young man in a room on the third floor. When they inspected his hand, and the locator, they confirmed that the young man currently lying on the bed is the second that they were looking for. Carter looked at the patient’s records, and charts to identify the young man’s identity and condition. “The patient’s name is Joseph Zarick. His condition is that he’s in a coma.” Eddie looked at the young man, then at Carter “Can you do anything about it?”

Carter looked at the patient, then at the chart, then answered Eddie’s question. “Maybe. Imprint…Caster”. Carter as Solomon started healing the patient. He told Eddie to close the door, then he drew a magic circle in the air and had it suspended over the young man, and drew a smaller magic circle in front of him. Green light filled the room. The healing process had begun.

As Carter was conducting the healing spell, the door opened, and a middle-aged man walked in. He saw what carter was doing to his son and tried to stop him. Just as he was about to approach the bed, Eddie pulled the man back and closed the door. The middle-aged man tried to break free, “what are you doing to my son. Please, he’s just an innocent kid. Don’t hurt him. Please! Please! Please!”

Listening to the man’s pleas, Eddie could not help himself. “We’re not going to hurt your son. We’re trying to save him. The person standing beside your son is a great doctor. I’m sure he’ll be able to save him.” Eddie then released the middle-aged man, when he calmed down and told him to wait until the process was over.

The healing process continued for quite a while. In a dark room, a young man could be seen wandering in the dark. He did not know where he was, or how he got there. “Hello, is anyone there? Somebody, please respond?” He was lost in the dark, alone, and frightened. The young man could not tell how long he was in that darkness. Until a bright green light lit the way in the darkness. A hand from the green light reached out to him. “It’s time to wake up, your father misses you.” When the young man heard this, he immediately reached out and grabbed the hand that was offered, and started crying. The hand pulled him up and pulled him out of the darkness.

When the middle-aged man saw that his son’s eyes slowly opened and call out, he immediately rushed to hug his son, with tears, swelling in his eyes. “Joey, you’re awake. We missed you son. I missed you son. Don’t leave your mother and me ever again.” The man could not stop his tears as he hugged his son. Eddie and Carter just stood in the corner a watched the heartfelt reunion between the father and son.

Even though their reunion was heartfelt, Carter had to pull the middle-aged man away from his son. Carter revealed to the man who introduced himself as Councilman Zarick, who they were, and told him that they needed his son’s help. “We need your son’s help for something. It’s important. We need both of the people in town with the command seal, the tattoo on your son’s hand to come with us. Your son, and another young man, named Henry King. We need the both of them to come with us once the situation here is settled.” The two then left Councilman Zarick and his son to their reunion.

Just as they were about to leave, Eddie and Carter discussed how to help Henry and the JSA stop the ISA. Councilman Zarick overheard their conversation and told them what he knew. “Jordan’s plan for the ISA is called Project New America. It’s supposed to improve the state of the country by stopping global warming, utilize clean energy, and eliminate discrimination.” Councilman Zarick revealed himself as The Wizard, a member of the ISA.

Carter and Eddie were skeptical of the idea because it was impossible to completely eliminate discrimination as conflict and animosity are within human nature. Zarick sighed “It’s supposed to be impossible, but Jordan was able to build a machine to amplify Brainwave’s powers to brainwash a large portion of the United States. However, some stronger-willed minds will try to resist the brainwashing. The result of which is death. Jordan estimates the total death count to be 25 million lives. I stopped following his orders after what he did to Joey. I don’t want to get involved with the ISA anymore. I just want to live with my wife and Joey in peace. Since you saved my son, I will help you in whatever way I can.” Carter asks Zarick, “When will the operation start?” Zarick answered, “The countdown has already started. Jordan will enact his plan tomorrow morning.”

Carter looked at Eddie before looking back at Zarick, “we’ll settle things here first. After we’re done, we’ll take your son with us, and return him back to you, safe and sound.” After they left the hospital, Carter and Eddie returned to their room to check on Henry’s condition. It was already dark when they reached the hotel Eddie asked Carter, “Can we trust Zarick?” Carter’s reply, “it’s the only thing we can do. Plus I could see it in his eyes, he just wants to live a peaceful life with his wife and son.”

They reached their room and opened the door. Henry had regained consciousness and was about to leave when the door opened, and Carter and Eddie walked into the room.

3