Chapter 23: New JSA Vs ISA
76 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., Hourman, Wildcat, and Sir Justin, arrived at Dragon King’s lab ready for their final confrontation with the ISA. They each took on their own opponents. Hourman and Wildcat fought against Sportsmaster and Tigress, while Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. fought Icicle and Shiv, and Sir Justin fought the Dragon King.

As they were fighting, the Gamble opens the door to Grundy’s cell, to have him join the battle. Despite having equal numbers, the ISA held a significant advantage as they had more experience. Hearing the disturbance, Brainwave left the chair and joined the fight. The reprogramming was almost complete and he did not need to be there for the finishing touches of the reprogramming process.

Carter was finished charging up his Noble Phantasm. He swung the sword downwards and the red beam cut through the machine and destroyed it. After destroying the machine, he gave the signal before jumping into the hole that was left behind when he destroyed the satellite dish. “Okay, the device is destroyed. Time to move.”

The JSA were putting up a fight. Hourman and Wildcat were able to injure Sportsmaster and Tigress during the brawl before finally managing to knock them out, but Sir Justin could not beat the Dragon King in their clash of swords. Stargirl was able to push back Shiv, but neither, her nor S.T.R.I.P.E. were able to deal much damage to Icicle. When Grundy joined the fray, their formation was thrown into disarray, as the powerhouse sent S.T.R.I.P.E. into a wall. Their condition did not improve when Brainwave entered the room.

The objects in the room were sent flying towards the heroes. “Hello, children. You know, you shouldn’t play around in such a dangerous place. You might get hurt.” He sent them flying around the room as he patronized them. Just as he was about to slam them into the walls, he was stopped. Another person with psychic abilities stopped him. The heroes were returned to the ground a little disoriented. A red-haired young man wearing a football jacket came out of one of the tunnels. “I’m going to stop you dad. I can’t let you continue to do this.” Henry sent his father flying into the wall behind him. His father was shocked to see his son still alive before he was sent flying, “Henry?”

Everyone at the scene was stunned and they stopped for a moment. Stargirl was happy to find out that her friend is still alive. “Sorry I’m late guys, but I brought help.” As he said that a red streak came rushing out of the tunnel at high speed and punched Grundy. The grey big brute was dazed. Flash then ran to the young heroes, “Hey kids, the name’s The Flash, and I came here to help.”

When Henry and Flash arrived at the scene. Icicle received some startling news from the Gambler, “Jordan, the machine has been destroyed by some guy in armor. He jumped into the room housing the machine and is now headed your way.” Icicle was shocked and angered when he heard this. He had been planning ‘Project New America’ for more than a decade, and it was gone. All gone, in a matter of minutes. “My plans for the ideal America. It’s gone, it’s all gone. It’s all your fault.” He stared daggers at the heroes, full of killing intent.

In his rage, Icicle launched sharp icicles at the team of heroes. However, his attack was intercepted midway by a knight in silver armor, wielding a sword. “Phew, I made it. You guys are lucky I got here in time. Saber has arrived to join the battle. My sword will help save the day.” Eddie was a little irritated by Carter’s entrance, “Enough with the humblebrag Carter.”

Looking at his enemies, Carter told the heroes he had destroyed the machine and ruined Icicle’s plan. All that was left to do was to defeat the villains. “I’ve got the guy with the sword.” With the arrival of Henry and two new allies, their morale returned, and the heroes were reinvigorated and determined to win the fight. This was especially true when they heard the person calling himself Saber, tell them that he had destroyed the machine, and stopped the ISA’s plans.

Once again, each hero took on their respective enemies. Flash, Hourman, and Wildcat fought Grundy, Carter fought Dragon King, Henry, fought his father, Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E., and Sir Justin fought Icicle and Shiv. The situation in the underground complex became chaotic. On one side of the room, objects were flying everywhere. Both Henry and Brainwave were using telekinesis to fling objects at one another. Swords, rocks, chemicals, lamps, etc. All these objects were flying around as the father and son continued to battle. “I need to stop you dad. I know you killed her, but this, this isn’t right. Mom saw in the good in you. I want to believe in what she saw. I know you weren’t always like this. I want you to stop being this person and become the man that mom fell in love with, the good and kind man that she fell in love with, the good and kind father that I remember. So I’ll do whatever it takes to stop you.” Henry sent a single powerful telepathic blast and sent his father flying against a wall. The impact knocked him out, but the outburst of power tired him out, he could not continue the fight.

Carter was having an easy time against the Dragon King. The two clashed swords with neither giving the other any leverage. Slash, slash, parry, block, Carter used all the moves that Mordred knew. He gained the knight of treachery’s memories and sword techniques when he imprinted her. The two once again clashed but Carter pushed him back, “Is this the best you got? Looks like you were only able to gain the upper hand against the last guy was because you’re younger and more agile. Let’s see what you’re like when you face someone that’s younger and more skilled than you are.” The two continued to clash until Carter parried the man’s sword and punched him. When Dragon King was dazed, Carter tackled him against a wall and elbowed the man. He lost consciousness after receiving three blows to the head. Two of which was using metal armor.

Flash distracted Grundy using his speed, while Hourman and Wildcat went on the offensive. Flash’s punches were doing little damage to the brute. So he started to run around in circles to produce enough energy for a lightning bolt, “Get out of the way”. Despite his small stature, Hourman used his time-limited super-human strength and landed several blows on the brute. When he heard Flash telling them to move away, both he and Wildcat stepped away from the brute. The lightning bolt struck and the beast was temporarily stunned. Taking the opportunity, Hourman continued to give Grundy a beating. “This is for my mom”, he threw a punch at the monster, “This is for my dad”, he threw another punch at the brute, “and this is for me”. Hourman jumped and delivered the monster another blow. The monster got up and Hourman was about to deliver the final blow but stopped when he looked into the creature’s eyes. It showed fear. The mindless monster was afraid like a scared kitten during a lightning storm. Hourman stopped his attacks and let the monster go. Grundy got up and ran away. Hourman knew that even his father would not condone the killing of a defenseless creature.

Stargirl was able to give Shiv a hard time with their rematch. She swung her staff while the other used her cane. The two clashed but eventually, Stargirl gained the upper hand. She used her acrobatics to dodge Shiv’s attack and charged her staff. She swung her staff and hit her rival in the head before blasting her into the wall with her Star Staff.

S.T.R.I.P.E. and Sir Justin were having a hard time dealing with the leader of the ISA, Icicle. He created an ice sword on one hand and clashed with Sir Justin, while hardened his other hand with ice and punched S.T.R.I.P.E. He pushed Sir Justin away with their next clash and stabbed the sword in S.T.R.I.P.E.’s arm, before freezing the large robot to stop it in its tracks. Stargirl saw this and went to save her stepfather when her fight with Shiv concluded. “Pat, I’m coming.” She faced Icicle and managed to land a few lucky hits. Icicle was able to block her next few blows and wanted to freeze her. But she managed to sweep his feet before he did so. Just before he fell to the ground, while he was still mid-fall, Stargirl blasted Icicle. As he was getting up, she swung her staff in an uppercut motion and hit his head. His body flipped and he was knocked out.

Seeing as how they had lost, the Gambler deleted all the files that could connect them, more importantly, him, to Project New America. He erased all traces and clues that can be used by the authorities to investigate his involvement in the matter and left. He left, and he knew he needed to disappear.

2