Chapter 30: The Seven Red Servants
78 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The summoned servants responded to the call and were summoned to their masters. Some bowed, some kneeled, while some just nodded. They recognize the people who summoned them as their masters. The servant wearing the purple suit, wearing mechanical armor on his right arm that released sparks of electricity nodded and introduced himself to Lena. “Greetings master, I am Archer. As for my true name, I will confide it in you in when we are alone.” “I’m Lena Luther, it looks like I’m your master Archer. I’ll be in your care.” Lena did not know what to say. She never believed in the existence of magic. She believed in the pursuit of technology and human advancement. Seeing someone being summoned through the use of magic left her speechless, as it partially destroyed her belief in the existence of magic. Similar situations were happening for the introductions with the other masters and servants.

“So you are the master to this queen. Do you think you can keep up with me?” In front of Joey stood a beautiful maiden with violet hair and wearing a violet dress, and holding a wand simply nodded. “This queen is Caster. I will reveal my true name to you should I choose to do so. What is your name master?” Joey stuttered looking at the beautiful lady before him, “J.. J.. Joey Z.. Z.. Zarick.” She looked at her teenage master and licked her lips. “This queen will have some fun with you master.” Most of the people there could not help but admire Caster’s beauty. This was especially true for Sarah, Alex, and Constantine. These three felt sort of envious of Joey.

“Greetings master, this old man is called Assassin. I hope to be of service to you.” Sarah looked at the person that stood before her as he bowed. He was an elderly man wearing a black robe under a black cloak. “Well, it’s nice to meet you Assassin. I hope that we get along and work well together. I hope that you can keep up with everyone here because you don’t look like someone who should be fighting. You should just retire and leave the fighting to us younger heroes.” With Sarah’s words, Assassin giggled. “I am glad that master accepts this old man for his age. But do not fret master, no one here can leave me in the dust.” When Assassin said that, all the other servants had a silent agreement that none of them could possibly match up to the old man. They all felt that beneath the calm exterior of this old man, was a killer. They felt like they could see a phantom of the angel of death behind this old man, and it sent chills down their spines.

“So, are you my master kid? I’m Sakata Kintoki, and I’m your Berserker servant. I’m not really into keeping your true name secret thing but don’t worry, with me here, you’ll be the toughest kid on the block. A word of warning, don’t you dare make use of Madness Enhancement. I’ll use it when I feel like it. You got that punk.” Henry nodded to the blatant threat by his servant. “You’re not so bad kid. I like you. We’ll be a great team.” Henry was flabbergasted that his servant looked just like a thug, or at least a biker gang leader. He had blonde hair and wore sunglasses. His white shirt was unbuttoned exposing his chiseled figure. His servant looked like a stereotypical gang member.

“Greetings master, I am Lancer”, the servant that appeared before Eddie was kneeling. When Eddie told her to stand, she stood and revealed her beauty. The lady before him had long white hair with a teal accent and she was clad in silver armor. “I will fight for you and help you win the Holy Grail War. I shall devote my spear to you and to this cause. My entire being is yours, be it mind, body, and soul. They all belong to you.” “Alright, it looks like you’re my partner. Let’s get along and hope that we can work together to get stronger”, that was all Eddie could say after seeing her devotion to him. He felt that he was in quite an awkward position. Everyone stared at Lancer after looking at Caster, and the gazes shifted between the two. This was especially true for Sarah, Alex, and Constantine. Both Caster and Lancer are beautiful but they each possess a different kind of beauty. Caster was like a queen and a teacher. She is authoritative and distant with a little bit of compassion, while Lancer felt like she is full of love, gentleness, and devotion for her master and everything he stands for. But at the same time, there is a tinge of loneliness in her gentle smile. When Eddie said that, Lancer tucked her hair behind her ear and she blushed. Eddie then felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He had just felt killing intent. In his mind, Eddie thought, “What the hell was that? It felt like somebody wanted to kill me.” When he looked around, the feeling was gone.

“Hello master”, the servant was kneeling then she stood up. Cisco’s servant was blonde wearing a red dress covering only the most alluring parts of her body. She had ornaments and decorations on her resembling that of ancient Aztec and Mayan culture of Mesoamerica. “Ahh, my master is so cute and adorable. I just want to feed you, clothe you, and do your hair.” She then proceeded to hug Cisco. She was as bright and cheerful. As she was hugging him, “I’m Rider by the way, but you can call me Que Qu, sister or sis, okay master.” After she said her greetings, she put Cisco down and patted his head. Cisco felt irked and speechless.

The servant that appeared before Carter bowed to him and introduced herself, “Good tidings master, I am Saber.” Saber was an elegant Japanese lady wearing a white kimono. Her demeanor was graceful, polite, and elegant. “No matter the battle I will protect you and keep you safe, master. It is my duty as your servant.” Carter felt comforted by her words. “Thank you for your kind words Saber. I know I can entrust my safety to your abilities. Your special abilities are necessary Saber. We have a very powerful foe to defeat. With your ability, I hope to finally be rid of such a threat.”

Carter looked towards the other masters, “I think that we should all adjourn and get to know our servants. Each of us needs to know the true name of our servants to better familiarize ourselves with them. I of course already know of their identities. We’ll reconvene later. Just as everyone was leaving, Carter called out to Caster and Joey. “Your highness, I think it would be best if you could teach Joey magecraft. It would be very beneficial for his future.” Caster scoffed, “I don’t need you to tell me that Faker. I was already preparing his lesson plan in my mind. Alaya may have granted you the power of servants, but know this, you are not one of us. Not until you’ve proven yourself. Till then, you will remain a faker, an imposter, an impersonator.” After saying her piece, Caster left with Joey.

As they were leaving Saber told Carter, “Despite you being a faker, my loyalty to you is unwavering. That is as long as you don’t use the command seal. Maybe you should brief everyone on the function of the command seal master.” When they were far enough away and no one could hear them, Carter created a noise-canceling barrier around himself and Saber. “I know Shiki. Unless the situation absolutely demands it, I will not use the command seal to force you to do anything you don’t want to. At this moment, I’m just wondering when Ruler will appear? And what his or her identity will be?”

3