Chapter 33: Rider Vs. Assassin
70 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours earlier when everyone separated to get better acquainted with their servants, Cisco and Rider went to the balcony to look at the view. “It’s a pretty view isn’t it master. How about we go on a trip around the city. We can talk while we fly.” When Rider said that, she whistled and a crack appeared in the sky over the DEO and a bird could be seen coming out of the crack. After Rider said that, Cisco turned to her, “What do you mean while we fly? Rider, hey, what’re you doing?”

Rider grabbed Cisco in on hand and jumped off the balcony. Her jump was so high and sudden that it startled Cisco and made him fear for his life. Cisco noticed that when they landed, they did not land on the ground but were flying instead. Cisco looked down and felt what was beneath him, and all he felt were soft feathers. He was sitting with Rider on a bird. Cisco looked around and realized it was a giant bird that could actually carry people. He turned to Rider, “What’re you a Flinstone? You’re flying a bird like a plane.” Rider blushes, “Oh master, you’re so adorable to think like that.”

The two of them flew around the city for a while before landing in the park. When they landed, Rider took Cisco to a nearby tree and they both sat under it while the people were all pointing and ogling at the now sleeping dinosaur. This was especially the case for the children that passed by. A lot of people went around the large bird and were taking pictures with their phones.

“So master would you like to hear my true name?” Rider giggles, Cisco sighs and asks her, “What the heck was that? Did you bring that pterosaur here Rider?” Rider giggles and plays around with Cisco’s hair, “Of course I brought it here master. I am after all the Rider class servant. I’m the servant of the mount, so it is not weird to say that I actually have a mount. Furthermore master, remember what I told you. I want you to call me sis, Rider sounds so formal. I don’t want our relationship to start off like that” Rider pouts.

“Anyway master, my true name is Quetzalcoatl, and so is the name of my mount. Let’s get along master. Also, if you try to force me to do something with the command seal, I will put you in a stranglehold.” When Rider said that, she was smiling and showing him her sharp teeth and mischievous smile. Cisco could feel the killing intent that she was radiating at him, and his back started to sweat, and he shivered.

“Alright, alright, I get it. I won’t use the command seal to. What do you mean, force you to do something?” Rider turned to her master puzzled, “Didn’t that Faker tell you? The command seal can force a servant to do something against their wishes, and they have no choice but to comply with the master’s orders.” “Isn’t that basically a slave contract?” Rider sighs, “You can think of it like that but another function of it is to teleport the servant to the master should they be in a tight spot. It’s a give and take sort of thing. As the Mesoamerican god of the sun, I don’t condone sacrifices.”

Cisco nods, “Wait your name is Quetzalcoatl, as in the actual Quetzalcoatl, the sun god worshipped in ancient Mayan culture, that Quetzalcoatl. Aren’t you basically a god, can’t you win and end this entire thing in a flash with all your godly power.” Rider laughs at Cisco’s conclusion, “That’s not possible master. Yes, it is true that I am a divine spirit, but without the symbol of my divinity, I’m just like any other servant. My power was greatly diminished when I was summoned to ensure a fragile power balance with the other side. So you see, I can’t exactly clean house.”

Cisco nods and now has a greater understanding of his servant. When they got up and were about to leave the park, Rider could sense another servant approaching. So she took Cisco, carried him with her left hand, and rode her mount. They flew to a more secluded area of the park and when they landed, the entire area became covered in fog.

“Que, keep master safe while I deal with this pest.” The pterosaur heard its master’s command and wrapped Cisco under its wings. Seeing that her master was now in a safer situation, Rider materialized her sword and shield and got into a fighting stance. A little girl walked out from behind some trees and came running at Rider.

When Assassin’s attack was blocked by Rider, she backflips away from her opponent to gain some distance. Assassin kept slashing and slashing but all her attacks were blocked by Rider. Assassin brought out the children within the fog and they all approached Rider. The entire battlefield was filled with the cries and wails of children. “I feel sorry for you little girl. You were abandoned along with these other children, but I know the only way to end your misery is to stop you.”

Rider went on the attack, she was no longer passively blocking Assassins barrage. Assassin may be quick and light on her feet but Rider has more power compared to her. Rider was easily able to put Assassin on the defensive when she started attacking. Strike after strike, Rider was able to push Assassin into a corner. When Assassin started fighting back, the two heroes started to truly clash. Sparks were flying every time they clash. Even with her speed, Assassin was only able to inflict superficial wounds on her. As they were fighting a brown haired woman in a revealing red dress came out from behind the tree.

“Finish it quickly Jack, I order you. Mama has some more people she needs you to kill after this.” Even though the pterosaur kept Cisco safe, it allowed him to see the fight. When the person Assassin referred to as Mama gave her order, the command seal on her hand glowed and one of them disappeared.

The woman had used one of her command spells and gave Assassin an order to quickly kill Rider. When she did so, Rider noticed the fog getting thicker. She was barely able to see Assassin’s figure as the child hid herself in the fog, but Rider could still sense her killing intent and felt it getting closer. Assassin reappeared beside Rider and was about to slice her throat, “Maria the Ripper” but she was a second too late when Rider dropped her sword and shield and used her Noble Phantasm, “Xiuhcoatl”.

When she did that, she cancelled Assassin’s Noble Phantasm before she could finish it. Rider’s Noble Phantasm ‘Xiuhcoatl’ allows her to temporarily prevent her enemy from speaking the true name of their Noble Phantasm. In doing so, she manages to stop her enemy from using their Noble Phantasm.

As the knife got closer to her neck, Rider grabs Assassin’s arm and suplexes her. Then she tosses Assassin in the air before sending her crashing with a lariat. She once again pulled Assassin up, went behind her and placed her hands around Assassin’s, and lifts her up and falls backward into a bridge. Rider had used a german suplex on the child. “I’m sorry to do this to you but it’s the only way for big sister to stop you and end your misery.

As Rider was about to grab Assassin, the scenery around them changed and they were now in a forest. Even Cisco and Assassin’s master noticed the sudden change in venue. Rider ignored the sudden change as it was not detrimental to her in any way and continued to finish off her enemy. When she grabbed Assassin, they were surrounded by strong winds as Rider tosses the dazed servant into the sky, the strong winds, carried her upwards even further. “I’ll take you to even higher heights. I am the serpent, I am fire. O flame, burn the gods themselves, Xiuhcoatl!” Rider was wrapped in a bird made of fire and soared to Assassin. When she reached her, she grabs Assassin and both of them were now engulfed in flames. As soon as Rider grabbed Assassin, she put her enemy in a position for a piledriver and the two heroes came crashing down to the ground covered in flames. The resulting crash caused the ground to cave in and release a pillar of fire. Rider jumped out of the ground and started rolling her arm, “Phew, haven’t had a workout like that in a while.”

2