Chapter 41: Main Event
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meeting concluded, Cisco and Rider were once again about to take off to the skies. “So why the rush Sis? I don’t recall us having any plans tonight.” Rider giggles, “I saw in the newspaper earlier that there would be an open call for wrestling matches tonight. It said that all amateur wrestlers can apply. The wrestler that survives to the end wins a prize money. After that battle with Assassin, I’ve been itching to put my Lucha Libre skills to the test. I wanna see how I’ll fare against today’s wrestlers.”

When they arrived at the venue, Rider registered using her real name and proved her worth by beating one of their pro wrestlers. After that, the wrestling promoter told her that she was more than capable of being featured at the main event. The promoter then revealed the match she would be participating in. “Alright Quetzalcoatl, your match tonight will be the main event of our show. It’ll be an eight-man elimination chamber. As with all matches, victory is either by pinfall or submission. You need to fight until you’re the last man standing. Are you up for this?” Rider laughs, with a sinister smile, “I’ll show all those guys what I’m made of.”

Rider was sent to the locker room to prepare, while Cisco was able to get a front-row seat in the audience since Rider was a participant in the open main event. When he got to his seat, Cisco called Kara, “Hey Kara, is everyone there? I need you to put me on loudspeaker.” Kara answers, “Sorry Cisco. After you left, everyone went to their own devices. Henry’s still in the infirmary with Joey, Courtney and Pat went out patrolling. I think Carter and Eddie are on a date, or they just went out for some coffee. I’m not sure when it comes to those two. Sara and the legends went back to the Waverider, and Lena is back at Luthor Corp. I think the only ones here are myself, Alex, and J’onn. So what’s up?”

Cisco took a deep breath before he continued, “I need you to get as many people back there as possible and turn on the live stream for Wrestling Evolution. Sis registered herself in the main event and I think it’d mean a lot to her if everyone watched her match.” Kara listens and nods, “Okay Cisco, I’ll tell everybody. I can’t get them to come back here but I can get them to turn on the live stream. I’ll tell Barry and everybody back at Central City about it too.” After Kara ended her call with Cisco, she called everyone she could and told them about Cisco’s predicament. Everyone agreed to watch the live stream.

Eddie, and Carter came into the conference room after they got back after getting some coffee. They bought some snacks and drinks before they got back. As they walked in the door. They saw that the program had already started and everyone was anticipating the main event. J’onn, Kara, and Alex were there. As were Brainy, Courtney and Pat. Henry and the recovered Joey were sitting together with Berserker and Caster sitting beside them respectively.

According to the program, there would be five matches with the main event being the sixth and final match of the night. Throughout the five matches, not many of the heroes, masters, and servants were excited about the match, but they were all anticipating the main event. A steel chamber was brought down on top of the ring when the main event was announced. After the chamber descended, the eight participants entered the ring with six of them placed inside a glass cage until their timer ran out. This concept piqued Berserker’s interest.

“Now this just got interesting. What do you think would happen if I also participated in this thing?” Everyone looked at each other before Henry answered Berserker, “The most likely outcome is that only you and Rider would be the last ones standing. Afterward, no one can predict the outcome.” Berserker had a sinister smile when his master stated it.

The names announced for the chamber were all newcomers to the professional wrestling circuit. When the wrestler’s names were announced, the audience in the stands did not give much of a reaction. “Joining us for tonight’s main event are a couple of fresh meat ready to enter the meat grinder. First up we have Mike Stryker, followed by Ivan the Brute. Next, we have the self-proclaimed ladies man, Adonis, followed by the red maniac O’Brian, and all the way from Mexico, Jaguar Verde. Next up is our only female competitor, she calls herself the great sun god, everyone give it up for our beautiful firebird, Quetzalcoatl.”

Everyone watching was attracted to Rider. They all imagined her as the fragile flower that they wanted to protect. Clamors were heard from the audience. “How could they let a girl get involved with a match this intense? Where is her manager, I want to sue him. Why would she join this match? Doesn’t she know how this match usually plays out?” These were the words spoken by the audience. They were all worried about Rider’s safety. But all the people who actually knew Rider had a different opinion. This reaction could be seen by every hero, master, and servant. “She’s gonna kill them.” Carter corrected Pat, “No, she’s gonna slaughter them. It’ll be like pitting a normal unarmed man against a tank.”

The announcer continued with the last two participants of the match. Music started playing in the background. “Approaching the ring, weighing at two hundred and sixty-five pounds, from Miami Florida, Stone.” The music ended when Stone reached the ring. Another theme sounded when the final participant was about to be announced, “Approaching the ring weighing at two hundred and eighty pounds, from Anchorage Alaska, Iceberg Austin.”

The crowd cheered when the last two participants arrived. The last two participants were part of Evolution Wrestling’s main roster. Many of the fans were very familiar with their names. When the final participant reached the ring, the referee drew lots for them. Which six of them would enter the cages and wait for their turn and which two would kick off the match. After drawing the lots, all eight wrestlers were brought inside the chamber and six of them were placed inside the cages.

Everyone knew that whoever drew the first and second lot would have it worst off. Once the match starts, they would be the first ones to battle it out while the others just waited and watched, while conserving their stamina. By the time the final participant was released from their cage, the first two wrestlers would either be too tired to put up a fight or they would be eliminated by the time the last man joined the fray.

Once the lots were drawn, Stone, Iceberg Austin, Mike Stryker, Ivan the Brute, O’Brian, and Jaguar Verde all entered their respective cages. Everyone felt sorry for Rider because she got the short end of the draw. She would kick off the match with Adonis. Once everyone was in the chamber, the announcer made an announcement.

“The Lady and gentlemen in the chamber, I would like to announce that for this match, the winner would not just get ten thousand dollars. But he or she would also get the opportunity to challenge our reigning champion Tombstone for his title as Evolution Heavyweight at Next Evolution.” When this announcement was made, the entire arena cheered. Everyone was mainly cheering for the two pro wrestlers Stone and Austin. The announcer continued with the rules of the match. “The rules for the match are as follow, elimination of a competitor is only valid via pinfall or submission. Every five minutes, the timer will sound and one random wrestler will join the fray until all of the cages have been unlocked. Eliminated wrestlers will leave the chamber upon elimination. The last man standing wins.” With the announcement of the match rules, the bell rang and the match began.

2