Chapter 48: Revelation
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eddie holds onto Carter’s hands even tighter, “You know you can tell me anything right? It’s okay Carter, you can trust me.” Carter once again takes a deep breath, “Alright I’ll tell you. You’re right, Rider dying isn’t the only reason I was mad. I wanted Berserker gone because I was afraid.”

Eddie was puzzled, “Afraid of what Carter?” Carter continues, “I’m afraid of losing you, you big idiot. I already lost my parents in that accident. I don’t want to lose someone else I care about again. I don’t want to lose some else that I love. I don’t want to lose you, Eddie. When I saw you fighting Berserker the first time, I was so afraid to lose you that I didn’t care about anything else. That was why I fought Berserker that day. That was why I wanted him dead so badly. I just don’t want to lose you too.”

Tears began to fall on Carter's cheeks, as he starts crying after finally getting his feelings off his chest. Eddie lets go of Carter’s hands and pulls him into his embrace and hugs him tight. Carter was still crying, “I love you, Eddie. I love you too much that I couldn’t even stand the thought about losing you.”

Eddie rubs Carter’s hair and back, “It’s okay bud. It’s gonna be okay. You won’t lose me. I’ll always be here for you.” Eddie lets Carter go. He fiddles with his hair. Eddie brings Carter in close until their lips met. They finally share an intimate kiss. Eddie lets Carter go and Carter says, “Wow”. He then pulls Carter back in for an intimate hug, and Carter says, “So that’s what it feels like to kiss someone you really love.” Many thoughts went through Carter’s mind, as he recalled the conversation he had with his parents when he was younger. “Mom, Dad, you were right. When you find that special someone and share an intimate kiss with them. It would really be special.”

“Thanks, Mom. Thanks, Dad. I think I’ve finally found my special someone.” That night, was the first night Carter had a night filled with passion ever since his divorce. Carter shared this passion-filled intimate night with Eddie. The man of his dreams, the love of his life, the one his heart truly desires.

The next morning, a meeting was held to discuss how to proceed with the Holy Grail War. Everyone attended be it heroes, masters, or servants. When Carter and Eddie joined the meeting, Carter looked around and noticed that Cisco and Lena were absent. “Hey, where’s Cisco?” Kara was the one to answer Carter. “Cisco left. Barry took him back to Central City last night.”

Carter sighs, “It’s for the best. After what he went through, putting him in a fight would just be endangering his life.” Everyone in the room nods in agreement. J’onn adds, “Someone in his state of mind shouldn’t get involved in this bloodshed any longer. We don’t know how much his psyche can take.”

“What about Lena?” Kara also answers Carter, “Lena’s still in her lab at Luthor Corp. The last time I checked, she says she’s working on something that we could use to quickly finish this warm and that Archer was helping her. I don’t really see how he’d be able to help her though.” J’onn continues the meeting by bringing up pictures of the masters and servants on both sides of the war.

J’onn starts the meeting off, “So far, we’ve identified the seven Black servants thanks to Carter. And thanks to Rider”, a silence filled the air as everyone remembers the fallen hero, “We’ve managed to take down two of the enemy servants. Carter, would you please continue, so that we can get a better understanding of where we stand in this war.”

Carter gets up and walks to the screen, “Thanks J’onn, so everyone please pay attention. So far, we’ve defeated two of the enemy servants and identified three of the enemy masters. Jack’s master is in custody while Scheherazade’s master is most likely dead. Yes, Joey.” Joey raises his hand, “Why do you believe that Scheherazade’s master is dead?”

Carter answers Joey’s question, “Because Echo brought two servants with him into Oliver’s Reality Marble. This means that she had established a new contract with Echo. A new contract can be established only when either the master or the servant dies. Using that information, a conclusion can easily be achieved. The matter now lies in the remaining four servants. We already know the identities of these four servants but as of yet, we don’t know the identity of their masters.”

“However, these four remaining kings are no walk in the park. Each of them will present their own set of challenges when we face them. But the ones I want to talk about at the moment are the Berserker class servant Heracles, and the Rider class servant Iskandar.” Carter takes a deep breath before continuing.

“From what I’ve counted Heracles has died five times. If we can kill him seven more times, we’ll finally be rid of that monster. The other problem lies with Iskandar. As I’ve mentioned before, Iskandar is Alexander the Great. One of his greatest achievements is his army. His Noble Phantasm is a Reality Marble that summons his army.” Courtney tries to wrap her head around the idea, “Wait, wait, wait. So you’re saying that if we were to face this guy, we’d actually be facing an army. How many are we talking about here?”

Carter clarified things for Courtney, “Basically, we’ll be facing an army made of at least a few thousand. Don’t worry. It’s just several thousand well-trained fully armed ancient Greek soldiers. The only thing they’ll be equipped with are shields, spears, and horses. They can be taken care of if use an anti-army Noble Phantasm, or at least something with similar power.”

The meeting concluded after a few rounds of discussions.

In an underground room, a meeting was also taking place. “Ha, ha, ha, that Rider really gave you a run for your money Echo. It’s just a matter of time before you lose your precious Heracles.” Echo was fuming mad. His battle with Cisco had cost him greatly. Not only did Heracles lost three of his lives, he also lost his newly acquired Caster, Scheherazade. “Shut it, Barts. Who knew that Rider of his had that kind of power? Lucas, do you have any insight on any of their servants?”

Lucas closed his book and looked towards Heracles. “Echo, bring Heracles here. There’s something I’d like to do with him.” Obeying his master’s orders, Heracles approaches Lucas. Lucas casts a spell and a violet sphere of energy appears in his hand, “Appear before me, let me bear witness to your memories.” When he places the sphere near Heracles’ head, a small strand of energy left the Berserker’s head and entered the sphere.

Lucas reshaped the sphere and a large screen appeared in the middle of the room. The screen displayed a video of Heracles’ most recent memory. The memory of his battle with Rider. The masters and servants watch the battle in the Reality Marble play out on the screen. Everyone watched it with great fascination. Watching till the end, Lucas made his conclusion. Compared to the others, he paid greater attention to the tiniest detail.

Lucas sat back behind his desk and revealed the identity of Rider. “Rider’s identity is Quetzalcoatl. The Aztec sun god. That was how she burned Scheherazade.” The golden-haired servant sitting behind Lucas comments after seeing the battle, “I’m not surprised you suffered great losses. You should take heed of my words mongrels. Near the end of the battle, Rider regained a portion of her divinity just before she casts her Noble Phantasm.”

Lucas took heed of his servant’s words, “Thank you for the input Gilgamesh. You heard his highness. It appears that our enemy has someone similar to me. Someone who provided them with the catalyst for summoning the servants. Meaning, these servants were not chosen at random. Each of them had a specific enemy in mind since their summoning was done after our servants revealed themselves. You should all take note of who you’ll face after this.”

1