Chapter 50: Theatre
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that evening, Eddie, Carter, Saber, Lancer, and Kara were waiting for Lena and Archer just outside of the theatre. They waited for a few minutes when Lena arrived. Her driver stopped her car right in front of the theatre. When they got out of the car, Lena and Archer were greeted by Carter, Eddie, Kara, and the two servants.

“Alright everyone, let’s go. I got us the best seats in the house.” When the group entered the theatre. They showed their ticket numbers and were led to their seats. Eddie took his seat and noticed Carter’s excitement. “You seem pretty happy. What’s up? Is this your first time going to the theatre?” Carter comments, “No, I went to the theatre all the time growing up. It was one of the things my parents and I did as a family. It was sort of a family tradition. But Lena wasn’t kidding when she said that we got the best seats in the house. She got us box seats. I love going to the theatre but this is the first time I’ve ever gotten to sit in the box seats.”

Carter turns and saw that Lena, Kara, and Archer were in the next box. Carter waves to Lena, “Thanks for the seats.” Carter and Eddie sat in the front row of the box seats while Saber and Lancer sat in the seats behind them. Carter held Eddie’s hand in his, “I hope I can continue this tradition with my kids.” Carter leans and rests his head on Eddie’s shoulder. Eddie looks at Carter smiles, and whispers into Carter’s ears, “Don’t you mean our kids”

Eddie pulls a box out of his jacket pocket. He opens it and shows it to Carter, “Carter, I’ve known you ever since I walked into your diner. I fell in love with you ever since I laid eyes on you. At the time, I thought to myself, I’m gonna make him mine. When I heard how your ex was abusing you, I got mad. I knew I needed to keep you safe. Even though you’re not that fragile person anymore, I still want to be someone you could lean on no matter what happens. Carter, will you accompany me through the rest of my days and make me the happiest man in the world?”

Carter gets up and almost teared up as he saw the love of his life propose to him. “Yes. Yes, Eddie, yes. I will marry you. I’ll do my best to keep you happy. I’ll keep you company. You can also lean on me when you’re faced with difficulties.” Eddie puts the ring on Carter’s finger and they kiss, and then they hugged.

Saber and Lancer who were sitting behind them watched the entire ordeal. Saber smiles, as she knew that her master was happy to finally have the love of his life propose to him. She was about to congratulate Lancer, but when she turns to face her. The sight surprised her. Lancer was silently breathing heavily and her nose was bleeding. Saber whispers in her ear, “Lancer, your nose is bleeding.” Saber takes a tissue out and hands it to Lancer.

“Thanks Saber”, Lancer wipes away the blood and stuffs her nose with some tissue paper. Saber then whispers and asks, “What’s going on? Why was your nose bleeding?” Lancer panicked for a moment before returning to her normally calm demeanor, “Nothing’s wrong. I’m just happy for my master, that’s all.”

The lights dimmed, and the theatre became darker. The curtains opened revealing the set to the audience. Music started playing and one of the actors took center stage and the spotlight shone on him. He began rhyming, to the music before another actor appeared, then another, and another until finally all the performers were on stage. They were all wearing costumes similar to the uniforms during the American Revolution.

Peters scolds Barts and Iskandar for their tardiness, “You idiots. Do you know what time it is? I just hope we can still get to our seats before the doors close. Iskandar, Nero, you two better be quiet throughout this whole play. I don’t want to get kicked out for being too loud.” Eric Peters shows their tickets and they were able to enter the theatre, but they were warned. They were told that once the show starts, no one was allowed to enter the venue. They had made it just in time before the curtains opened.

The group of four managed to locate their seats despite the room getting darker. Everyone sat down quietly in their seats and watched the show. Nero opened the playbill and read what the show was about.

As they watched the show, Carter notices his watch blinking. He tapped on it and the Compass appeared. Carter wanted to ignore it and turn it off but when looked more closely, he noticed that there were five red dots on the display. It showed that two of them were behind him and another to his left. The two behind him were Saber and Lancer, while the single red dot to his left was Archer. Meaning that there were two additional servants in the vicinity.

When the first half of the show ended, the theatre lit up for intermission. Everyone got out of their seats and left to get refreshments. When Carter got up, he looked over the balcony, to see who the other two servants were. He thought Joey and Henry managed to get some tickets.

But what he saw was not what he was expecting. Carter saw Nero and Iskandar in the audience. Carter mumbles to himself, “Looks like we’ve got some trouble on our hands.” Carter joined the others as they went for refreshments. He pulled the servants away and spoke to them.

“Nero and Iskandar are here. The Black Rider and Saber are here. Don’t alarm anyone. We don’t need the place to be riled up. We also can’t confront them yet. Who knows what kind of chaos that would cause? Looks like we need to be patient here and wait for the show to end before we make our move. Archer, tell Kara and Lena the situation.”

As the second half of the show was about to begin, everyone was escorted back to their seats. Nero complained to her master, “Why are we sitting here with everyone else. Shouldn’t we be sitting in those boxes? It is more fitting of an emperor.” Peters was annoyed Nero would not stop pestering him about their seats. “Shut it, Nero. These tickets are expensive enough as it is. I can’t even afford a box seat for myself let alone for all four of us. So just sit down be quiet and watch the show.” Nero pouted and huffed as she was disappointed in her master.

After the show ended and everyone was left, Carter notices that Nero was arguing with her master while Iskandar and his master were laughing and making fun of the pair. The group of Red masters and servants confronted the group of Black masters and servants by stopping them at the door.

Barts was the first to voice his opinion, “Who are you guys, and why are you in our way?” Just as he was about to walk out the door, Iskandar grabs his shoulder and pulls him back. “Well, well, looks like you’re the servants and masters of the Red faction. Would you like to negotiate first or would you prefer we skip straight to the fight? After all, I am a reasonable man.”

0