Chapter 51: Vs Iskandar
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carter looks at Iskandar, then at his master, then Nero and her master. “Why are you guys waging a Holy Grail War? What are you trying to accomplish?” Peters was the first to answer, “We’re not telling you anything.” Then Barts steps forward, “I’m actually in this for the cash. His boss and Lex Luther said they’d pay me handsomely if I helped them win this war. I wasn’t particularly interested in this whole thing but I never turn down a payday.”

Barts continues, “With the amount of money they promised me, I’d be set for life. I could quit my job and take a long-deserved vacation. I don’t know what is Eric’s motivation, though.” Everyone then turns to the man called Eric, “You’re not getting anything out of me.” Iskandar sighs and pulls his master back. “Master, I’m disappointed by your lack of ambition. A man should want everything he can get his hands on, let alone a king. A man without much ambition is not much of a man.”

Iskandar laughs, “I haven’t battled ever since I was summoned here. How about it, servants of the Red faction. I need a good warm-up for upcoming battles.” Nero then added, “Umu, I agree. We must battle. Then I can show this muscled Greek oaf the might of Rome.” Seeing the two Black servants ready for battle, Archer shows his arrogance as a pioneer of the new century. “I have no desire to battle with a brute, let alone a childish girl like you. Everything you’ve built has mainly turned into tourist attractions while my legacy lives on and is still used to this day. Let’s go, master. I believe that Saber and Lancer can handle things here. We need to continue our work.”

Lena nods and left the theatre with Archer while Kara stayed behind. “You guys go, I need to make sure nothing like what happened to Rider happens again.” Kara then grabs Saber’s and Lancer’s shoulders and spoke to Carter and Eddie, “Don’t you guys worry. No matter what happens, I won’t let what happened to Rider and Cisco, happen to you two.”

Carter then looks back at Kara, “Don’t worry, nothing like that will happen to us. Like what happened when Courtney, Pat, Joey, Henry, Caster, and Berserker faced Scheherazade, this battle won’t result in any deaths. If I’m not wrong, these two just want to gauge our abilities. They don’t actually want an all-out fight.”

Just as they were talking, a man jumped from the balcony above them and landed squarely on the floor beneath him. When Kara saw the man, she called out to him, “Oliver!” Oliver then envelopes everyone in darkness as they enter his Reality Marble. When the darkness cleared, everyone found themselves in a dense forest with the sun high up in the sky. Kara looks above and sees the sun, “It’s night right now, how can the sun be out?”

Oliver then appeared to greet everyone present. “Welcome, Kara, welcome masters and servants. I’m sure you already know, your fights will be conducted in this Reality Marble. I’m also sure that you’ve been told why I brought you here, so I don’t have to remind you how this whole thing works. As you all may know, anything goes in this fight. I will return when the fight has concluded, so best of luck to you all.”

Oliver disappears leaving the masters, servants, and Supergirl to their own devices. Using his speed and the ring that Cisco and Barry gave him earlier on, Eddie pressed on the ring revealing his suit and changed into it almost immediately. Kara was already in her costume when they confronted the masters and servants of the Black faction. “Imprint Rider” Carter and all the servants were covered in light. When the light dispersed, each of them was revealed in full battle attire.

Iskandar was in his Greek military commander armor. He wears bronze armor, with cuffs and greaves with white-furred fringes, that leaves his arms and thighs unprotected. He wears a thick red mantle with a fluffy white fur collar. He was also wielding a xiphos. While Nero was now in a military-style red dress with a translucent portion in the front of the lower skirt, wielding a curved red sword with a tinge of black.

Saber was back in her yukata with a katana in hand, while Lancer was in her Valkyrie armor. Once again, Carter was in the form of Achilles, and he places his spear Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē over his shoulders. “Oh great King of Conquerors, will you do us the honor of being the opponent of Saber and myself.” Carter took the spear off his shoulders and started twirling it, as he got ready to face Iskandar. Saber drew her sword from its sheath and got into a fighting stance, while Lancer materialized her spear, and also entered into a fighting stance.

Carter was the first one to initiate the battle. He ran towards Iskandar and swung his spear downwards. Iskandar smiles and blocks the incoming attack. Sparks flew out as their weapons clashed. Iskandar laughs and parries Carter’s first attack, and kicks him in the gut. “Is that all you’ve got boy? If so, then you’re a hundred years too early to face me.”

Iskandar’s kick made Carter take a few steps backward. He staggers for a moment and recovers from it. Carter once again readies himself for another confrontation. They clashed weapons again. Both of them were able to stop the other's attack, with neither of them giving an inch. “Despite your appearance as a servant Faker, you still need more training. You may have the same powers and abilities as us servants. But, you lack the same experience we have in battle. You’ve still got a long way to go before you can actually fight toe to toe with us let alone the more powerful servants.”

Iskandar taunted Carter to make him falter but he did not take it to heart. He knew the King of Conquerors was right. It was true that Carter had gained all of their abilities, skills, and memories, but he did not have the vast amount of experience they had. Each of the heroes on the Throne of Heroes had more than their fair shares of battles, wars, and life and death encounters. Compared to that, Carter was still immature. That was why he rarely stopped training with Saber. He knew he needed to get stronger as there will always be stronger enemies that lie ahead.

Seeing her master stagger once again, Saber decided to join the fight. She ran up to Iskandar and struck him with a horizontal slash. After he kicked Carter away again, Iskandar sensed Saber approaching and blocked her attack. Both of them were using all of their might on the clash and sparks flew. Then they both pushed the other away to gain more ground. After gaining some distance, they ran up to each other and started clashing again.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Neither of them faltered as they continued their battle. “You’re not too bad girlie. You’re a lot better than that Faker. This old man is proud to face you. Now show me more of what you’ve got because I’ve been itching for a fight.” Iskandar’s words got on Saber’s nerves a little. “It would be wise for you not to bad mouth, my master. Sure he is a Faker and not a real servant, but he’s trying. He wants to get stronger.”

0