Chapter 69: Sword of Rupture
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Feel honored, King of Conquerors, Emperor of Roses, and Valkyrie of the Aesir. I will finish this battle with my ultimate Noble Phantasm.” A ripple appeared in the space beside Gilgamesh before he pulls out a golden sword. Gilgamesh held the golden sword tightly in his grip. The sword that he had just pulled out had a golden grip while above the hilt it was circular in shape almost like a small pillar. “Awaken Ea!”

When Gilgamesh called out the True Name of his sword, the pillar-like structure of the sword began rotating. It kept rotating and its speed kept increasing. Nero and Iskandar charges at Gilgamesh with Iskandar’s army. Each of them yelling out a war cry. When Iskandar saw how Gilgamesh will counter his army, the only order he could give was, “Brace yourselves men. It’s coming.”

As the sword kept spinning at high speed as red wind was generated from the sword. The faster the sword spun, the more violently the wind blew until it became a storm. Eddie returned to the battlefield when he realized he was now in a desert. He quickly traverses the sand and dunes to reach the battlefield.

When he arrived, he saw how the two sides were about to clash. An army on one side and a single hero on another. He then saw how Eric and Roger were going to be in the middle of the clash, so he quickly ran and grabbed them. The two masters did not even notice how Eddie saved them as everything happened so quickly. Eddie quickly ran through the army and grabbed them and took them to a different part of the desert.

When he raced back, what he saw shocked and terrified him to his core. With Lancer in front of him and the army being led by Iskandar and Nero not too far in the distance behind her, Gilgamesh unleashed his ultimate Noble Phantasm as he thrusts his sword out. “Return to Valhalla Valkyrie, now bare witness and behold the power of the winds of rupture, Enuma Elish!

With Lancer bearing the brunt of the attack, she received the immediate full force of the winds of rupture. After she was hit by the attack, the winds of rupture tore through Nero, Iskandar, and his army. The entire army was annihilated along with the two servants leading the charge. As the attack continued to destroy the army, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Lancer’s screams continued to resound throughout the battlefield before it dyed out.

When the attack ended, Eddie saw that Lancer was still bound by the golden chains. He ran up to her. When he finally got to her, he found that her body was scarred, bloodied, and torn all over. Her body was riddled with wounds. She no longer resembled the woman he met during the summoning ritual.  He could even hear how faint her breath was. “I’m sorry master, I failed you.” As she lost consciousness, the chains that bound her disappeared, and she fell into Eddie’s arms.

The Noble Phantasm destroyed Iskandar and Nero, leaving no trace of them. With Iskandar’s death and the destruction of the world, everyone returned to the forest they were before. When Eric and Roger finally returned to the forest they returned to their original location and found the bodies of Iskandar and Nero disintegrating into light particles.

Eddie held Lancer in his arms as he shed tears. Lancer was not just his servant, she was his friend. They had shared memories with each other every time they dreamed. They each saw the other’s memories. That experience already deepened their bond. Eddie was angry and he wanted to defeat Gilgamesh but just as he was about to, Gilgamesh pointed Ea at him.

“Stand down mongrel. You’ve already lost your servant. There is no need for you to lose your life for something as petty as revenge. I hear that you are a hero. You are someone who saves and inspires the masses. Your duty is similar to that of a king. Do not disappoint the people by committing such a pitiful act. You must prove yourself worthy of their support.” With those parting words, Gilgamesh left as the Reality Marble shatters.

After returning to the real world, the entire area had been cordoned off by the DEO. All of the DEO agents were armed and were ready to capture Gilgamesh and his master. Supergirl, J’onn, Brainy, and Alex were all ready to bring down Gilgamesh. But just as they were about to, Eddie stopped them. “Stop! Everyone just, stop. Let him go. A lot of innocent lives will be lost if we try to bring him down. We’ve suffered too much already. Just let him go.” With Eddie’s message, Gilgamesh left with his master, and no one tried to stop them.

Just as he was about to leave, Gilgamesh left them with a few parting words, “Mongrels, we will settle this matter soon. Our next encounter will be the last, and I will win this Holy Grail War.” Gilgamesh disappears with his master after he made his peace. Lancer still in Eddie’s arms, began to disintegrate into light. She woke up just as she was about to disappear. “Master, I have failed you, but you cannot fail him. You must move past this and stay strong for his sake. His fate is far more unimaginable. He will need you to keep him grounded. Promise me you will take care of him” After saying her last words, Lancer closed her eyes one last time before disappearing into light particles.

“Lancer, no Brynhildr, I will take your words to heart, and keep him safe. I promise.” A tear fell out of Eddie’s eye as Brynhildr disappears. Kara then helps Eddie up. She wanted to help him through this depressing moment but instead, he just ran. With both of their servants gone, Eric and Roger left themselves in the hands of the DEO.

When everyone returned to the DEO, depression filled the air. They suffered a great loss from just a single person. After retelling J’onn and the others regarding the vents that transpired inside the Reality Marble during their meeting, the atmosphere became heavier. J’onn and Kara finally realized the scope of battle after listening to how Gilgamesh destroyed an entire world. His power was beyond anything they had faced before.

Even Kara, the Girl of Steel was unsure whether or not she could fend off someone like Gilgamesh. Ever since she found out that her indestructibility was nothing in the face of magic, she found the concept of actual magic a bit intimidating. But the power that Gilgamesh could unleash frightened even her.

After listening to Eric and Roger retelling their accounts of events, Carter stood up, “I’ll do it. I volunteer Saber and myself to face Gilgamesh.”

0