Chapter 72: Servants of Uruk
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why would he do this?” That was the question on everyone’s minds.  It was then that they realized the answer that Assassin gave. Sarah then questions her servant, “Assassin, did you know about this.” Assassin gave his answer as he watched the monitor, “I was unsure of what his plan was at the time, but I knew he cast a sleeping spell on the entire facility. Since I detected no malice from it, I simply ignored it. I suppose Caster also came to the same conclusion.”

Joey then asks his servant, “Is this true Caster?” Caster nods, “I did not detect that he had any intention of causing you or anyone here any harm master. But I believe he must’ve had reasons of his own.” After watching the surveillance footage, Eddie made his decision. “Let’s go. No matter the outcome, we have to be there to help Carter when he gets out. Let’s just hope and pray that he’ll come out of this alive.”

Henry was still depressed over the loss of Berserker, “And if Gilgamesh is the one to walk out, what then?” Eddie took a deep breath before answering, “Then we’ll take him down with everything we’ve got.” J’onn nods, “Agreed, that’s why everyone here will go with you.” All the heroes nod and left the DEO.

When they reached the sight of the battle, Eddie canvased the entire area. He wanted to find any traces Carter could have left behind. When Eddie returned to the rest of the heroes, he took out a coin he found. Caster detected abnormalities in the coin and took it. “There seems to be a spell drawn on this coin.” Caster fiddles with the coin before coming to a conclusion, “It seems that this coin has a projection spell placed on it. Let me try to activate it.”

Caster took out her wand and chanted a spell. When she finished a large screen was projected from the coin. Through the screen, everyone could see the events that transpired inside the Reality Marble. “It seems this spell also records.” When Caster discovered this, she projected another screen showing the start of the battle. Upon seeing it, they now know how Carter and Saber got to the beach. After watching the replay, everyone turns their gazes to the real time projection of events.

Inside Oliver’s Reality Marble, Carter had just finished discussing his plan with Saber. With a confirmation nod from Saber, they both left the beach and returned to the forest. Carter sent Saber some distance away from the fight that would ensue and told her to wait for an opportunity to deal Gilgamesh a fatal blow.

When Carter returned to the battlefield, he found that Gilgamesh was sitting on a golden throne and drinking wine out of a golden goblet. Gilgamesh opens his eyes and observes Carter. “Faker, it appears you have the ability to change yourself into different servants and gain their abilities. So I have a proposition for you, entertain me by fighting me in your various forms, and I will let you live. Your servant on the other hand must forfeit her life for yours. How about it? This king is being magnanimous in making this offer.” Gilgamesh laughs with smugness.

Carter on the other hand just kept his eyes on the King of Heroes. “I refuse the offer. Why would I accept a deal from someone who is about to lose.” The words that Carter spoke provoked the king, “Mongrel!! You dare make such a bold claim in my presence. The deal is off. I will simply kill you both. And I will torture you for insulting my magnanimity.”

Ripples started appearing again, and Gilgamesh fires more weapons from his arsenal. Using Achilles’ speed, Carter dodges them and hides behind a tree. “Imprint.. Lancer!” Carter took on Lancer’s form once again. As the myriad of weapons was about to hit him, Carter places his hands on the ground. When Gilgamesh’s weapons hit, an explosion occurred.

When the dust settled, the tree that hid Carter was destroyed, but Carter came out from behind the destruction unharmed. Seeing the form that Carter had taken, a young green-haired man. Gilgamesh became even more enraged. “Mongrel!! YOU DARE TAKE ON THAT FORM! YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR LIFE IMMEDIATELY! Gate of Babylon!” Seeing the incoming attack, Carter once again places his hand on the ground.

Age of Babylon!” Carter spoke the true name of the Noble Phantasm and counter Gilgamesh’s myriad of weapons against his own myriad of weapons. This battle continued for a while, as each time Gilgamesh sent one of his weapons against Carter, Carter would counter by conjuring an exact replica of the weapon from the ground and retaliates.

Witnessing how the battle progressed, Gilgamesh was reminded of his time as the King of Uruk. He had fought against a puppet of the gods. The puppet was given birth to stop Gilgamesh from retaliating against the gods. After a long heartfelt battle, he and the puppet became best friends. He still remembered how the puppet received divine retribution for agreeing with his beliefs. Seeing how Carter took on the form of his best friend enraged Gilgamesh to his core.

With Gilgamesh becoming more enraged, his attack intensified. His entire focus had been taken by Carter. His rage had taken over, and Gilgamesh appeared similar to a servant under madness enhancement. Seeing how her master had become the focus of Gilgamesh’s relentless attacks Saber saw her opening.

Seeing her opening, Saber acted. Saber drew her sword from its sheath and runs towards the distracted king. With Gilgamesh distracted by his rage towards Carter, Saber manages to get close to him when his guard was down. Only when Saber was close to him, did Gilgamesh notice her. Using her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, Saber cuts one of the red lines bound around Gilgamesh.

As she did so, blood spilled out. The ground beneath his feet became red as it was stained with his blood. When Gilgamesh finally noticed it, his right hand was missing. It lay on the ground beside him as blood kept spilling out of the wound on his arm. Everything below the elbow was cut off, when Saber cut one of his lines.

After getting his attention, Saber was sent flying towards Carter. Gilgamesh aimed one of his weapons at Saber. Saber manages to avoid a direct hit, but the explosion it created when it hit the ground sent her flying. Carter grabs the injured Saber as she flew towards him. When he lost his arm, Gilgamesh turned his attention to Saber and halted his attack on Carter.

When he saw how Carter caught Saber, Gilgamesh became enraged even further. “Mongrels!! You dare to conspire against me. I shall end your futile resistance right now. You should be grateful mongrels. You shall now die by this king’s ultimate Noble Phantasm. You should pray that your deaths will appease this king’s anger.” As he said that, Gilgamesh pulled out a golden pillar-like sword from the ripple. “Awaken Ea!! I will show you the true might of this king. I will let you witness the true power of the King of Uruk as you die. I will let you feel the wrath behind this king’s rage. Enuma Elish!!

0