Chapter 74: Illya Appears
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shortly after the explosion, Carter regained consciousness. He could still hear a ringing in his ear, as he woke up, “Ughh, what hit me?” As he tried to get up, Carter felt heavy as if he had been run over by a truck. Carter was battered and bruised as he was covered in injuries. “Saber, where are you? Shiki, can you hear me” Carter looked around for his servant after he got up.

“Master, over here.” As Saber regained consciousness, she became worried for her master, as he was closer to the explosion than she was. She wanted to get up to find him but found herself unable to. Saber recalled that when the explosion occurred, both her master and herself were flung away. She remembered that as she was flying through the air, she hit herself on a tree trunk.

As she tried to remember, she felt pain in her back and abdomen. When she looked down, Saber found herself bleeding. Her white kimono was stained red with her own blood. She wanted to get up and search for her master but found herself unable to. As she tried to get up, Saber found herself unable to feel her legs. She had lost all feeling in her legs.

Saber then thought to herself, “That hit to the spine as I crashed into the tree, that’s what did this to me. Work legs, I need to get to master. I need to make sure he’s safe.” As she tried to use all her strength to get up, she found herself falling short. She tried once again to get up but all her efforts were to no avail.

Just as she was struggling to get up, she heard her master calling out to her. She was glad to hear that her master was still alive and called him over to her location. When Carter arrived, he saw the terrible condition Saber was in. Despite him being closer to the explosion, his injuries paled in comparison to hers.

“Imprint..Caster!” Carter took on the form of the Mage King and inspected Saber’s injuries. After spending a few minutes inspecting her with magic, Carter made his diagnosis. “Saber, you’ve got a few broken ribs, some internal bleeding, and some rocks caused some lacerations on your waist but the biggest problem would be your spinal injury.”

“Saber, I’m gonna do my best to heal you. Hopefully, your life will no longer be in danger and you’ll be able to walk again after this. I’ll begin treatment now.” As Carter comforted his servant with a few words, a green magic circle appeared under them and created a dome that engulfed them. Carter was healing their injuries with magic as quickly as he could.

“There, I’ve applied some first aid. You should be able to get up now Saber.” When Carter finished casting the spell, Saber could feel that some of her more critical injuries were healing. She was now only left with a few minor injuries. Even though her spinal injury was somewhat healed, Carter had to help her get up and walk.

Carter slung Saber’s arm over his shoulder and helped her walk. They both continued walking in the direction where the explosion took place. “I’m sorry Shiki. The only thing I could do under the circumstances was to give you a patch-up job. I’ll do a more thorough job once we get back.” Saber smiles, “It’s alright, master. The first aid you provided is enough for now. I’m just happy to know that you cared so much about me.”

Carter sighs as helps Saber walk, “Of course I care Shiki. Throughout the entire ordeal, you’ve been like a sister to me. Isn’t it everyone’s job to take care of their family? You’re my family Shiki, along with Eddie and everyone else.” When they reached the epicenter of the explosion, they could see the sheer destruction caused by the clash of such powerful Noble Phantasms.

As the wind blew, the smoke cleared and the dust settled. When his vision of the entire areas cleared up, Carter and Saber could see a large crater had formed where the explosion occurred. As they observed further, they saw half-dead Gilgamesh lying down at the bottom of the crater. The bottom of the crater was dyed red with his blood as almost half of his body was destroyed by the clash.

Gilgamesh coughed up some blood when he saw Carter and Saber approaching. When the duo got close enough to him, the King of Heroes stared at the two, “Mongrels, you have bested me. Even with my pride as a king, even I must admit when I have lost. You have defeated me, Faker.”

“Even though I have lost Faker, I will never admit that a fake can outdo the original. You were only able to do so, because of the sheer number of copies you’ve created.” Gilgamesh laughs as he watched the master and servant pair, “Ha ha ha ha ha! I am not long for this world but the battle that I had with you, mongrel, is the most I’ve enjoyed so far in this Holy Grail War.”

As he said that, Gilgamesh’s body began turning into light particles, As his feet began to disintegrate, Gilgamesh asks a question, “Saber, grant this dying king his final wish and tell me how you were able to cut off my hand without actually having the blade pierce my flesh?” When Gilgamesh asked her that question, Saber turned to Carter, “I feel that it’s okay. He doesn’t have long anyway. But I leave it up to your discretion.”

After listening to her master’s advice and pondering, Saber decided to answer the question posed by the King of Heroes. “I saw the red line that was connected to your hand and I simply cut it.” After listening to her answer, Gilgamesh laughed even harder as he choked on his own blood. “You have the Mystical Eyes of Death Perception. It’s no wonder I lost. Since I lost to someone with your abilities Saber, I have no regrets. Faker, you used the abilities and powers of other servants as your own, I will never acknowledge you as one of us.”

Just as Carter was depressed by Gilgamesh’s words, he brightened up when he heard the second part of the message. But I acknowledge that you were able to utilize the abilities of those servants to great lengths. If we were to meet again, then it would be my victory instead of yours.” After he spoke those words, Gilgamesh disintegrated into golden light particles and disappeared.

After the battle ended and Gilgamesh disappeared, Oliver returned. “Congrats Carter, Saber. You both defeated the final Black servant and won the Holy Grail War. Unfortunately, I do not have the grail nor do I know where it is. However, I’m sure it’ll show up soon.” As he said that, Oliver, Carter, and Saber returned to the park, where they were greeted by their friends.

Eddie was teary eyed when he saw that Carter had returned. Eddie hugged him hard before punching him in the shoulder and hugging him again. Carter then asks as he was in Eddie’s embrace, “What was that for?” Eddie hugged him even tighter as he answered. “That was for being so reckless you big idiot. You know I can’t stand seeing you put your life in danger. And here you are, doing it again. I just want you to be safe.”

After listening to Eddie’s rant, Carter apologizes, “I’m sorry that I worried you, Eddie.” As they hugged, everyone heard the voice of a little girl, “Papa, Illya wants to hug you and daddy too.” When the voice was heard, Carter felt uncomfortable. He felt weird, then a sphere of light came out of his body revealing a golden grail before it was replaced by a young girl with silver hair in a purple dress.

0