Chapter 75: Captured Grail
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Papa, I’m here. We can finally be together for real.” When Illya came out of Carter’s body, it shocked everyone. The cute little girl with a bubbly and happy disposition gazed around at everyone before looking at Carter and Eddie. Seeing the little girl approach and hug him and Carter, Eddie snapped back to reality and looked at Carter. “Carter, who’s this?”

Carter smiled wryly as he explained, “Eddie, everyone, let me introduce you to each other. Eddie, everyone, this is Illya, the spirit of the grail. Illya, this is everyone.” Illya smiles as she greeted everyone, “Hello everyone. My name is Illyasviel. I am the manifested spirit of the Holy Grail. I’m here to spend as much time as possible with Papa Carter and Daddy Eddie. I also have to grant you the wishes for winning the war.”

Just as they were about to get to know each other and make their wish, Illya got yanked away. While Illya was still hugging Carter, a cloud of purple smoke wrapped around her and pulled her away. When she finally stopped, she had already gained some distance from everyone. A purple magic circle appeared and it released a bright glow. A person appeared behind Illya and grabbed her by the shoulders.

As he grabbed her shoulders, Illya began losing her form and she reverted back into the form of the Holy Grail. “Finally, the grail is within my grasp.” Seeing the man that just appeared, Eddie ran as fast as he could to save Illya, but he ran into a wall just as he was about to pass the threshold of the magic circle. The magic wall sent him flying back to his friends. “I made special changes to the barrier just to deal with you, heroes.”

Seeing how Eddie was sent flying back at them, Eric walked out of the group. “Professor, it doesn’t have to be this way. You don’t need to make that wish. You just need to move on.” Eric’s attempts at trying to convince Professor Morse were to no avail. “You don’t know that Eric. I won’t know until I’ve tried. I will make my wish, no matter the cost. All of you, don’t try anything stupid.”

As he said that, another purple magic circle appeared in the air. It released lightning and struck the grail. The screaming of a little girl was heard as the lightning kept striking her. The purple light from the magic circle on the ground intensified until it disappeared along with everything and everyone that was inside of it.

Seeing them being engulfed in purple light, Carter ran to them. “Illya, Illya. Papa will save you, sweetie, just be brave and be patient. Papa and daddy will definitely save you.” Those were carter’s last words to the spirit of the grail before it disappeared in the purple light along with Professor Morse.

With his inability to save her, Carter fell to the ground and punched it as tears fall down his cheeks. For the first time in his life as a hero and a master, he tasted utter failure. He had won the battle but he was sure that they were about to lose the war. Everyone was depressed because they allowed a kidnapping to occur right before their very eyes.

All they did was watch as it happened. When everyone recovered from their stupor, Caster pointed out that the reason they did nothing but watch, was because a magic circle was drawn beneath them. “The moment that the purple magic circle appeared and the grail was taken away, a similar transparent circle appeared beneath our feet. Its function was to stop us from moving. If his plan was to stop us, then I would say that his plan worked.”

Seeing how there was nothing else they could do, everyone returned to the DEO and Kara took Eddie and carried him back. Once they got back, Carter, Saber, and Eddie were taken to the infirmary. The moment Carter lay down on the bed, he lost consciousness. The stress and fatigue that he got from fighting the King of Heroes, finally caught up with him. His body was beaten and tired, so the doctors did not wake him up while they checked on his condition.

As he slept, Carter kept dreaming about Illya. He dreamed about all the sort of things Lucas Morse could do to her. As he lay there dreaming, a bright purple light appeared and brightened up a dark room. The grail was still in his hand as Professor Morse, used fire magic to light the torches in the room.

Lucas had returned to the underground chamber beneath the park. He drew a magic circle in the air and pressed it against the wall behind his chair. As he did so, a larger magic circle appeared and opened the wall. The new room was filled to the brim with shelf upon shelf of magic books and artifacts.

Lucas placed the grail on his workstation. A magic circle appeared and it erected a barrier and contain the grail and its spirit. Lucas went through a few books as Illya called out to him. “Let me go, you big bully. Let me go. I want to go back to Papa.” Lucas heard her voice as he searched through every note and every file. “Don’t worry, I’ll let you go the moment you grant me my wish. That is all I ask.”

Hearing his request, Illya was somewhat excited. “Really? You’ll let me go as soon as I grant you wish. Alright, I’ll grant it. What is your wish?” When Illya asked Lucas this question, he told her his wish. “I want you to bring back my wife. I want her to return to me right now.” After listening to his wish, Illya shakes her head.

“I cannot grant you your wish, master of Gilgamesh. The dead cannot be brought back. If they had died a few minutes ago then it is possible but it is not possible for someone who has died for more than that. Bringing the dead back to life is against the will of Gaia. The people that have passed on cannot be brought back no matter how you wish for it.”

Listening to Illya denying his wish, Lucas slammed the books he was going through and threw the work table into a wall. Illya’s statement enraged him greatly. Lucas took some potions from the shelves, and in his anger, he poured their contents into the cauldron that was filled with black liquid.

Lucas chanted a spell after he finished pouring in the contents of the various potions into the cauldron. “Spirit from the hereafter, I beseech you. Answer my call O’ great spirit from the nether reaches of the great beyond. Please, allow me to contact with the spirit of the late Margret Morse.”

Seeing what he was doing and hearing his words, Illya panicked. “What are you doing? Stop!! You cannot make contact with them.” Just as Illya was about to voice her opinions and Warn Lucas, he activated a spell and canceled the noise coming from the inside of the barriers.

The image of an eye appeared from the cauldron. “Who dares contact me? Human, you have contacted me again, why?” Seeing the crimson eye, Lucas’s rage did not disappear. “I want freedom for my wife.” The voice behind the crimson eye laughed, and his voice bellowed across the room as it shook everything. You dare make demands of me insect, you think too highly of yourself. Your wife’s soul is my snack, her innocence and purity is a delicacy that I will savor. Why would I set her free?”

The voice behind the eye laughed even harder. Lucas then made a statement to the eye, “If you won’t let her go, then I’ll just have to wish for her freedom.” As Lucas left the voice and went to fetch the grail, the eye moved, showing a mouth. It was sneering.

0