Chapter 77: Father of All Monsters
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas panicked when he saw the disaster that was happening before his eyes. “What’s happening? Why is this happening? Returning a soul from the underworld shouldn’t have invoked such a catastrophe. Holy Grail, what is happening here? Answer me!” In a subservient manner, Illya answers Lucas’s question.

“The soul that you wish freed has been completely bound to another. You cannot free one without the other.” Lucas was panic-stricken as he heard her answer. He could not see through the storm but he could feel it. Something ancient, something evil had been summoned into the world because of his wish.

J’onn was the first to arrive on the scene and he apprehended Lucas the moment he arrived. Shortly afterward, Eddie and Kara arrive, followed by everyone else. The sudden change in weather, as well as the tremor, was felt almost everywhere around the world. In Central City, Cisco was watching the monitors for meta-human activity when the alarms alerted him about the spike in energy found in National City.

Seeing the sudden change in weather as if a precursor to something more sinister, Cisco contacted Barry and Caitlin. They immediately rushed to S.T.A.R. Labs the moment they received the call, “Cisco, what’s going on? Why did you call?” Cisco was afraid as he watched the monitors, one of them even showed a cyclone above National City. “Barry, Caitlin, I don’t have time to tell you everything but we need to get to National City now.”

Heeding Cisco’s warning, each of them suited up. Cisco took a few weapons with him. After they were ready, Barry took them to the source of the storm in National City. There, they reunite with the rest of the heroes.

The sudden change in weather also affected Metropolis. A passenger plane was flying over the city when the storm hit. The turbulent winds and lighting struck the plane and damaged the controls. The Man of Steel, heeding the distress call, flew up to the plane and helped it descend to the ground.

Seeing the sudden change in weather, Superman decided to investigate the cause. As he raced through the skies, he saw that the storm clouds were centered-around National City. He flew there at his fastest speed. When he arrived, he saw the funnel of storm clouds touching the water. He tried using his X-Ray vision to see through it but to no avail. He then saw his cousin Kara, and a few of his friends at the pier. They were all looking at the storm.

When Barry arrived with Cisco and Caitlin, they asked to be briefed on the situation concerning the typhoon just off the coast of the city. Kara told them that J’onn was interrogating Lucas while Carter had just reunited with his supposed daughter.

After J’onn took Lucas for questioning, Carter immediately took the grail and dispelled all influence he had over it. Once he did so, the spirit of the grail Illya revealed herself. “Illya, I missed you so much. I’m so glad that we got you back safe and sound. Now Illya, sweetie, I want you to tell me exactly what Lucas wished for.” Upon realizing that Illya was in a mesmerized state, Carter casts a spell on her to return her back to normal.

Illya nods, “He wished for his wife’s soul to be freed from the underworld. But because of that thing he used on me, I wasn’t able to warn him. Papa, I’m scared.” Illya hugged Carter tightly, “What happened with his wish Illya? It’s okay, you can tell us.” Despite her crying, Illya nods as tells them, “That man wanted to free his wife’s soul from the underworld but it was bound to something there. If he were to continue with his wish that it would be set free along with his wife’s soul.”

Illya continued, “That man was stubborn and he made his wish anyway. Now that creature that was chained up in the underworld has been released.” Constantine that asked, “Alright lass, what did the bad man set free?” Illya was still crying but she continued to answer, “I don’t know who or what it is, but I do know that it is a monster. And it also feels very old, ancient even, and it is very evil.”

Seeing how bad the situation is, Sara contacted the Waverider and asked for some backup. “We need the backup love. If it is the underworld we’re talking about here, then any manner of monster from there is a threat.” The voice bellowed once again and it echoed throughout the city, “Finally, I have gained freedom once more. Once again, my children and I will walk the Earth and feast to our heart's content. My children, before you, is a buffet of humans. Now go and enjoy your meal.”

As the words resounded through everyone’s ears, a smaller whirlpool formed just off the shore, from there many monsters jumped out. The first to appear were several hellhounds, followed by chimeras, and other manner of monsters escaped from the whirlpool. Seeing this scene, all of the heroes reacted and began facing off against the monsters.

Carter and the servants, however, decided to face the monster summoning the monsters, “Imprint..Rider”. Taking Achilles’ form, Carter called for his chariot and had Saber tag along. “Saber, can you see his red lines?” Saber nods, “Yes, I see them master, but I only see a few of them.” Saber was puzzled by how little the amount of lines that she saw, “There should be more of them. Perhaps there is something mystical about this storm.”

When he listened to Saber’s observation, Carter taught of something, “Saber, I’m going to maneuver us as close to the lines as possible. I want you to tell me where there are” Carter took Saber to the first line and as they approached, Saber was able to cut it. When she did so, the storm surrounding the monster eased up. Seeing that his hypothesis was right. Carter told Saber to continue.

Just as they were about to cut the second line, a very large snake appeared from the storm and tried to swat them out of the sky. Carter could see the head of the snake as it approached but the rest of its body was covered by storm. He was unable to completely see-through what was hiding behind the storm.

After missing the second line, Carter maneuvered for the third line. Once again they come under attack. This time something else tried to swat them out of the air, and it was also covered in the storm. However, they managed to get to the red line and Saber was able to sever it. As another line had been cut, the storm eased up, and Carter was able to catch glimpses of the creature hiding behind the storm.

Carter and Saber continued this process for a while until all of the red lines had been severed. They made a few close calls as they were cutting the lines. After they had severed all the red lines from the storm. It settled and revealed the creature that was hiding behind it. It raged and bellowed. “Humans, insects. YOU DARE ROB ME OF MY MYSTERY. I WILL GRIND YOUR BONES INTO DUST FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION.”

Seeing how the creature had finally revealed its true form, Carter knew his hypothesis proved true. “I thought so. The storm is his mystery. He used it to hide his identity. With his true form revealed. Everyone will know exactly who he really is.” The monster was gigantic. He was colossal in size. He had four visible limbs. He had two lower arms on his torso, while the right upper arm was a serpent, and the left upper arm consisted of several tentacles. His head on the other hand looked like it was the head of a dragon. “Saber, do you know who he is?” When Carter asked his servant this, she shook her head. “I do not know master.”

The heroes were all fighting the monsters that came out of the whirlpool, while Illya was in hiding. Nate was fighting a manticore as his alter ego, Steel. After a few blows, he managed to knock the monster out. When he saw the figure of the colossal monster that was at the center of the storm, he recalled his studies. He activated his earpiece and told them, “Umm, guys, I think I know what we’re up against.” When Nate said that, everyone that was connected to the communications network, heard him and Sara asked, “What is that thing, Nate?”

Nate then answered, “Guys, I think that’s Typhon.” Upon listening to what Nate said, Constantine found the monster’s identity troublesome. “Bloody Hell. You’re saying that thing is the bloody Father of all Monster.”

1