Chapter 78: Grand Class Descends
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carter was riding his chariot along with Saber when he heard Nate and Constantine’s announcement. With his sharp ears, Typhon heard when his name was mentioned. “So, you insects found out about my identity. No matter. Even if you know, that doesn’t mean you can do anything to me. No one has been able to kill me. Not then, not now. Now puny insects, prepare to become our meal. With my return, my children and I will once again walk openly upon this Earth.”

As he made his declaration, Typhon began attacking. He sent his serpent arm to attack and it destroyed a building. Several people were still evacuating the area when the building collapsed. Seeing this happen, Superman and both of The Flashes went to the rescue. Superman stopped the build from collapsing on top of the escaping civilians while Eddie and Barry used their speed and rescued everyone under the collapsing building and brought them to a safe distance.

After making sure that everyone had escaped, Superman took the collapsed building and threw it at Typhon. The monster was hit by the building but he quickly recovered. After tossing the building at the monster, Superman charges in intending to quickly finish him off. He delivered several punches. However, Typhon was not affected by such meager blows. He quickly recovers from the attack and retaliates. Superman was hit by one of Typhon’s fists, which was followed up by getting hit with the tentacle, and he finished the hero off with the serpent.

Superman crashed into another building as he was sent flying away by the sheer might of Typhon. Seeing how even Superman was sent flying, Carter knew he was in for the fight of his life. The opponent he was facing this time was beyond comprehension. He knew he needed to pull all the stops and use every ability in his arsenal to stop the monster.

Carter turns to his servant, “Saber, I need you to get down and help everybody fend off the monsters. “I’ll do something about the Typhon.” Saber agreed and Carter dropped her off near a bunch of monsters. After dropping her off, Carter raced back to the skies, as the Father of All Monsters makes his way to the shore.

As they were fighting Sara asks Oliver, “Oliver, isn’t there anything you can do about that thing. I mean come on, you have a freaking Reality Marble for your Noble Phantasm for God’s sake.” Oliver continued to battle the monsters that came his way as he answers Sara. “If it were any somewhat larger guy we’re talking about then yes, but for something that colossally huge, I’m afraid that even my Island of Purgatory would shatter the moment I brought him into it.”

When he was close enough, Typhon rained fire upon the land and summoned lighting from the dark clouds that hung above. The monster took his first steps on land, revealing his scaly dragon-like legs and destroying a few more buildings. The heroes retreated when he came upon the land. With most of the monsters dealt with, Supergirl, Stargirl, and S.T.R.I.P.E. took to the air to face Typhon only to wind up with the same outcome as superman.

After witnessing his friends being beaten, Carter flew his chariot away from the battlefield at high speeds. He flew it around the city as the speed increased. After gaining enough speed and momentum, Carter drove the chariot intending to ram it into the monster. Carter had gained intense speed as he approached for the attack, “Troias Tragōidia”.

After being hit with Achilles’ Noble Phantasm, Typhon stumbled backwards, before he lost his footing and fell back into the water. His colossal body crashing into the water resulted in a tsunami. Witnessing the large wave of water that was about to hit them, Caster reacted quickly and casts a barrier spell. Several runes floated in the air before they were sent out in a specific order. The runes spread out as the wave hit and created a barrier. The barrier protected everyone on land from the coming wave.

As their immediate crisis resolved, the number of monsters coming out of the whirlpool did not stop. Wave after wave of monsters were coming out of the portal to the Underworld. After fighting a few more monsters, Constantine started getting tired. “We need to close that bloody portal to the Underworld, otherwise, we’ll be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of these bloody wankers.”

After being hit with the Noble Phantasm, Typhon was getting back up. He was taking his time because of his size. Seeing the constant influx of monsters, Carter decided to do something about it. He drove the chariot back to the pier before imprinting Solomon. He ran towards the barrier, the moment he touched down. Once he did so, Carter began drawing several magic circles. He casts them on the open portal to the Underworld. He placed a magic circle upon the portal to close it. Then he stacked a few more to keep the portal closed. After he finished casting the spell, the portal rapidly shrunk, until it was closed.

As Typhon was getting up, Carter casts a few more spells and aimed them at the monster. Multiple explosions occurred when he was hit by the attacks, but he still got up. When he finally got back up on his feet, he was annoyed. “You despicable insects. You are merely food for us, yet you dare fight back instead of accepting your purpose. Preposterous, presumptuous. All of you are getting more and more annoying, rebellious, and arrogant as time passes.”

Typhon’s words sparked a desire inside each and every one of them. It was the desire to survive. When he said those words, it inspired them to fight even harder. With the portal closed, the pressure on the heroes was reduced, and they quickly dealt with the monster threat. Superman, Supergirl, and Stargirl recovered somewhat and got back up. They raced through the skies towards Typhon. When they reached him, each of them flew around him and blasted him. After experiencing his attack up close and personal, the three heroes decided that it was best to keep their distance. They flew around him and blasted him while avoiding his attacks.

While on the ground, Barry called everyone together, “We need a plan to beat him. So far none of us are leaving as much as a scratch. Even Superman and Supergirl are unable to inflict much damage on him.” Constantine then commented, “You’re right about that mate. We need a heavy hitter to bring him down.”

Oliver then came up with an idea, “I’ve got an idea. We make a wish on the grail. We make a wish for him to be banished back into the Underworld.” Everyone agreed and called for Illya. When she arrived from her hiding spot, they told her about the wish they want to make. Illya shakes her head, “I can’t make that wish.”

When they asked why, she answered, “Because it will go against the will of the first wish. Mr. Morse’s wish was for his wife to be freed. But until that monster is defeated, that wish cannot be fulfilled. I also cannot grant wishes that kill. He can only be banished once the soul of Mr. Morse’s wife is freed. Look over there on that big bad monster’s chest.”

When Illya pointed it out, everyone saw a golden glow at the spot where Carter struck the monster with the Noble Phantasm. It was only a tiny speck compared to Typhon’s huge figure, but they could see it. After listening to Illya’s explanation, the heroes found themselves in a hopeless predicament. In order to banish the evil that is Typhon, they would need to completely defeat him first.

They were completely out of options. But it was then Carter decided. “Illya, sweetie. I want you to grant Papa’s wish okay, no questions asked. Illya nods before Eddie pulls him away. “Carter what are you planning? Please tell me that it’s nothing life-threatening.” Carter grabs Eddie’s shoulders and kisses his forehead. “Don’t worry. It’s nothing of the sort. But it might be something that I’ll regret later.”

Carter approaches Illya and holds her hands, “Illya, I’m ready to make my wish.” Illya smiles and nods, “If it’s for Papa, I’ll grant any wish. As long as we can be together with Daddy Eddie, then I’ll grant any wish.” Carter smiles and turns his head to see the battle between Typhon and the flying heroes. They were not gaining an advantage over him. This solidified Carter’s resolve and hardened his conviction. “Illya, I wish for you to grant Assassin and I the power and status of Grand Class Servants.” After Carter made that wish Illya started to cry and wanted to refuse the wish. “No, I don’t want to. I don’t want to. I don’t want to.”

Despite her adamant refusal, the Holy Grail heard the wish Carter made and granted it. While in the form of Solomon, a golden ray of light descended from the sky and landed on him. The same thing was happening to Assassin. When the light dispersed, Carter felt overwhelming power welling up inside him. The blue flames that surrounded Assassin also burned brighter and more fiercely.

Seeing the light that surrounded Carter and Assassin, Oliver remembered some information he gained when he became a servant. “Carter and Assassin have become Grand Class Servants.” When the others asked for clarification, the only answer he could give them was, “They are the strongest servants of the Counter-force. They can only be summoned when an entity that can threaten the existence of humanity appears.”

0