Chapter 79: The Eight Servants are Summoned
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Annoying pest. You dare get in my way.” Typhon was annoyed by the constant attacks by Superman, Supergirl, and Stargirl. He grew more annoyed when some of the other heroes joined in the attack against him. He kept swatting at them but his efforts were to no avail as they kept their distance and used long-range based attacks. He breathed a fireball and Superman was sent flying into a building. With Superman away, he focused his attacks on the remaining heroes.

As he continued to battle the heroes, Typhon saw the two pillars of light that descended from the sky. As he saw the servant and pseudo-servant enveloped in the light, he felt a tinge of fear. The monster thought inside his mind, “What is this that I am feeling? Is this fear? Why do I suddenly feel fear as they gain power? That power, is it possible? Is it possible that it can actually threaten me when even the gods of Olympus were mere pests in my presence? I must stop this. I must stop them.”

Seeing Carter and Assassin enveloped in the light, caused Typhon to act out. “Insignificant insects”, with the storm clouds still overhead, Typhon summoned a torrent of lightning to rain down in all directions. The heroes that were flying around him, were crazily trying to dodge the lightning. When the lightning was about to strike at the heroes on the shore, Carter used Solomon’s magic to erect a powerful barrier.

After seeing the destruction caused by Typhon, Carter decided to change the battlefield. “We can’t let him destroy the city.  We need to take him somewhere else to reduce casualties. Barry, Oliver, I need you guys to hold down the fort. Take care of anyone that’s trying to take advantage of this chaos.”

After telling Barry and Oliver what to do, Carter told the other heroes to do the same. “Leave Typhon to me and Assassin. I’ll take him somewhere where he can’t harm anyone.” Before Carter used Solomon’s Noble Phantasm, Eddie reached out to him. “Carter, come back home safely.” Carter placed his hand on the back of Eddie’s head, pulled him in, and kissed him. “I’ll keep everyone posted.”

Carter raises his hand and aims it at the sky. As he does so, a very large magic circle appears. The space within the circle cracks and shatters. “The Time of Crowning has Come, He is the One who Begins All, Ars Paulina!” With the space inside the magic circle shatters, a strong suction force, pulled Typhon. It tries to pull him in like a black hole pulling matter.

Typhon struggles to stay on the ground. He felt a strong sense of dread when the space above his head shattered. The Father of all Monsters struggled to stay in his current plain but it was to no avail. “No, no, no. I’m not going in there. You cannot take me.” The suction force behind the shattered space was too strong and he was eventually sucked in.

Supergirl, Stargirl, and S.T.R.I.P.E. kept their distance when they saw Typhon being sucked into the void. They watched as the monster struggled.  Eventually, the monster was pulled into the void. After he was sucked in, they saw two golden spheres of light fly up and go in after him in the void. Just before going in, one of the spheres stopped in front of Supergirl. “Kara, Assassin, and I can handle this. You need to help everyone else with rescue and clean up.” With those parting words, Carter went inside the void.

In a beautiful meadow, a large crack appeared in the sky above the grassland. From the crack, a colossal figure fell from the crack and into the meadow. The monster regained consciousness immediately after his arrival. He got up and observed his surroundings. After being sucked into the void, he found himself in a new location. All he could see in this new place was an endless green grassland field with flowers and vegetation and a few structures, but it was devoid of any human life.

Sometime after he arrived, as he walked around, he became irritated. One of the main reasons he wanted to escape, was to destroy the world and eat the humans that walk upon its soil. He became enraged when he was transported to a place devoid of any human life. He wanted to destroy the entire place just to placate his rage. But just as he was about to do so, Two spheres of light landed not too far from him.

When the two spheres disappeared into light particles, it revealed three figures. Seeing the three newcomers Typhon begins to question them. “Insects, where have you taken me? What is this place?” Pulling out his sword, Assassin answered Typhon’s question. “This is the place that will be your grave, monster.”

Assassin quickly approaches the monster and runs up his towering body. Assassin slashes his sword across Typhon’s chest leaving a large gash. Seeing the wound that appeared on his chest, he felt afraid. “How is this possible? How are you able to injure me when even the gods of Olympus can barely do that?” As he asked that question, Typhon saw the phantom of the Angel of Death behind Assassin, and he felt it looming over him. It terrified him.

“Saber, we also have to act.” Saber nods as she rushes towards her colossal enemy. As Saber rushes towards, the monster, Carter casts a few spells on Saber. The spells he cast were to increase her speed, agility, and jumping ability. Saber hops between magic circles using them as springboards to reach the colossal figure. With the spells Carter casts on her, Saber began attacking the large monster anywhere she can. The damage she inflicted on him was minimal when compared to Assassin, however, when she began cutting his red lines, Typhon began to feel pressure from her attack.

As she cuts his red lines, the monster became even more enraged. “Insufferable insect, watch how I squash you beneath my feet.” Typhon started to try to stomp Saber but she always manages to escape, thanks to the ability boosts that Carter gave her. While they were distracting him, Carter summoned up his newly gained Grand-class power and created several magic circles around Typhon.

From those magic circles, Carter released rays, upon rays of magical energy on the monster. The rays were not enough to kill the monster but they did give him third-degree burns. After that attack, Carter decided to up the ante. He casts a spell and eight magic circles appeared beside him.

From each circle, a servant appeared. Carter had summoned a servant from each class. As the colored rays of light disappeared, the servants that were summoned revealed themselves. The Saber class servant that was summoned was Sir Mordred. The Archer class servant that was summoned was EMIYA. Carter continued to summon each one of his imprints until only Avenger was left.

When the light for Avenger receded and disappeared, a man in scarlet armor appeared. Seeing the monster that was thrashing about against Assassin and Saber, Mordred stepped forward, “So that’s the monster you need help to vanquish. Bring it on.” Mordred pulls her sword and runs up to Typhon. “Typhon, I’ll show you the power of Olympus’s favored heroes.” Achilles calls forth his chariot and rides into battle while EMIYA materializes his bow and the sword that became his arrow. He knocked it and released the arrow along with several swords that were floating overhead.

“Do not worry Carter, with all of our powers aiding you. We will finish this battle in no time.” Those were the words Enkidu said to Carter before he places his hand on the ground and summoned an uncountable number of chains at Typhon. All of the Heroic Spirits that were summoned were imbued with spells to enhance their abilities, even Galahad, the Shielder class servant, went to battle and started jumping around to wound the colossal monster.

Seeing how they all spoke and acted independently, puzzled Carter. It was then that Sherlock and Avenger walked up to Carter, and Sherlock made his deductions. “Judging from your reaction, you must think that you only received our powers, so how are we acting autonomously without your control.” Carter nodded, and Sherlock smiles. “How about I answer that for you. Technically, you only received our powers and forms but when you summoned us earlier, you didn’t just summon our forms that you’ve imprinted. The magic circuit that was granted to you as you gained Solomon’s Grand Class Servant status allowed you to connect to the Throne of Heroes on a deeper level and summon us here as actual servants, instead of just pseudo servant powers."

0