Chapter 80: Ashes to Ashes
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We are grateful to you Carter. Despite having our powers, you didn’t abuse them. Once this battle is over, we will continue to lend you our support. Over time, our powers will become your own. When that happens, you will truly join us on the Throne of Heroes after you pass on.” After saying his parting words, Sherlock left Carter and joined the fray.

Avenger then walked up to Carter, “You may not have imprinted the servants of the Avenger class yet, but I have been observing you. I have kept my eye on you throughout your journey to becoming a hero, and have decided to lend you my aid. Compared to the other Avengers, my abilities may pale in comparison but hopefully, my power can be of some use to you in the future.” Avenger then pressed his index finger on Carter’s forehead, and a stream of information flooded his mind.

Avenger’s name was Salieri and he used his music to stop his enemies in their tracks. Compared to the other Avengers, his ability may seem sub-par but they are the best if he intended to stop an enemy without actually inflicting harm upon them. That was what Carter surmised from the information that Avenger gave him.

Carter knew that compared to the others whom he chose as his imprint, Salieri offered himself to Carter. Salieri wanted to help Carter, despite his painful past. As Salieri left to join the battle, Carter had a tear fall down his cheek when he saw how the world treated Salieri after the death of his friend and rival. The way they viewed him made him into a vengeful hero. That was how he became Avenger.

Seeing the effort Salieri put to stop Typhon, Carter made him his Avenger imprint. Watching everyone put all their effort to stop the giant monster, Carter also joined the battle once again and casts spell after spell to provide support to the servants, while he himself casts offensive spells at Typhon.

The monster’s huge body made him an easy target for their attacks. He tried to fight back but against actual servants, even he was having a hard time against them. As the battle continued, the number of wounds on the monster’s body increased in number to the point that even he could feel the pain brought upon by the sum of their attacks.

Despite their combined efforts, most of their attacks were shallow and were not enough to defeat him. Carter then suggested, “We have to use an all-out attack to finally bring him down.” When Carter said that, everyone had a silent agreement and all of them that have offensive type Noble Phantasms unleashed them on Typhon.

Mordred tightly held her sword in her hands as she unleashed her Noble Phantasm on Typhon, “You ant an all-out attack, you got it. Witness the sword the slew my noble father, Clarent Blood Arthur!” Mordred swings down her sword and unleashed a wave of energy, but just as Typhon wanted to avoid it, he found himself unable to as his hands, feet, and torso were bound by golden chains as a large golden chain descended from the sky intending on piercing his chest.

Typhon did not notice as he was distracted by the red pillar of light emitted by Mordred but not too far from him, Enkidu had placed his hand on the ground. “What I call upon is a breath of stars. For I walk alongside the path of man, Enuma Elish!” When Enkidu leaped into the air with many chains with him. All of them joined together into one large chain and pierced Typhon’s chest when his limbs were bound. After being pierced by the chain, a large wave hits him, creating a large wound as he bleeds out.

As they unleashed their Noble Phantasms upon the Father of all Monsters, Saber also used her Noble Phantasm. “The sky is distant, the colors pale. She stands over the Boundary and watches the bird take flight. Amalavijñāna - Boundary of Emptiness!” Utilizing her Mystic Eyes of Death, and her Noble Phantasm, Saber severed even more of Typhon’s red lines.

With his red lines severed, Typhon moved closer and closer to death's door, as he heard bells toll. “Hearken. The evening bell tolls thy name. Wings of death, will thou sever their head. Azrael!” Assassin jumped and slit Typhon’s throat intending to sever his head from his body, but the sheer size of the monster only enabled him to create a large slit on the latter’s throat.

Blood spurted out from the wound on his throat as he tried to breathe. More blood spurted out as Typhon gasped for air as his serpent arm wrapped itself around his neck to stop excessive bleeding. Because of his size, Assassin was unable to cleanly decapitate the monster and only severed his jugular vein.

Carter could not continue watching the gruesome way Typhon was dying, so he decided to finish all in one final strike. Carter spoke the true name of Solomon’s third Noble Phantasm as he casts it to finish off Typhon for good. “The Time of Birth has Come, He is the One who Masters All. Ars Almadel Salomonis!

When Carter casts this spell, the sky grew very bright as satellites gather and fire off an intense ray of magic. “Everyone, evacuate the area now.” After he casts the spell, Carter ordered for all of the servants to evacuate the area and gain some distance between them and Typhon.

After they did so and got very far away, a beam of light descended upon the monster. The sheer heat and intensity of the beam began burning him. His body began to turn black as the beam continued to rain down on him.

As Typhon kept his serpent arm around his neck, he could still feel the blood spurting out. He wanted to slow down his breathing to slow down the loss of blood until he saw the beam of light fall upon him. “ARGGGGHHH! What is this heat? What is this intensity? Even the gods of Olympus were not this powerful.” The heat from the beam began burning him to cinders.

When the beam finally stopped, a colossal charred figure was standing in the middle of a now barren land instead of a beautiful meadow. The vibrant green life that was there had now become a barren and desolate wasteland. The colossal figure stood tall for a moment before it toppled over. After it fell to the ground, the charred body began to fall apart, turning into ash. As the monster was dying, Carter approached him.

Carter heard the last words of a dying monster as Typhon’s body turn to ash and was blown away by the wind. “How is this possible? I am the monster that terrorized the ancient world. Not even the gods of Olympus were able to kill me. I am immortal. How were you able to do this?” Carter answered the monster’s question to ease his mind in his final moments. “Our power was bestowed to us by Alaya. And we will fight tooth and nail to survive.”

Typhon laughs as he continued to turn into ash and be blown away. “Ha ha ha haha! I was outdone by the will of humanity and her servants. It seems underestimated the tenacity of you insects.” Those were Typhon’s last words as he completely turned to dust and was blown away.

0