Chapter 81: Illya Disappears
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Typhon disappeared into dust in the wind, a small sphere of light appeared where the body of the monster was. When it approached Carter, it took on a human form. It was a beautiful lady with auburn hair. “Thank you for freeing me. I am sorry for what my husband did to everyone. I’m afraid that the only thing that I can do was apologize for his mistake. I hope that you would grant this departed soul one request before she moves on completely. I want to have just a few final moments with my husband, and to apologize to everyone else for our selfishness.”

Carter nodded and agreed to it, but then Sherlock walked up to Carter, “Our job here is over. It is time for us to return. Carter, if you ever find yourself in need of a hand in the future, then don’t hesitate to call for help. We will aid you in your fight.” With those parting words, Sherlock disappeared into particles of light.

Mordred then walks up to Carter and places her sword over her shoulder, “Your efforts are commendable for a pseudo-servant. But you need to put in more effort if you want to qualify for the Round Table.” Mordred then turned around and left before disappearing. Achilles also placed his spear over his shoulders before running off, then disappearing. “Keep up the fight. We’ll be counting on you.”

Most of the other servants' Carter imprinted left without saying goodbye. They just silently left him. EMIYA then stood beside Carter. “Everyone makes sacrifices for the greater good. Whether you realize it or not, you have also made a great sacrifice. But there will be more trials and tribulations for you to face, and even more, sacrifices need to be made. Some of them will weigh more on you than others. One of the things you need to do to qualify to become a hero, is what sort of decision will you make, and what sort of sacrifice will you make for it? I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. Carter, don’t make the same mistakes I did in order to become a hero.” With those words as a reminder, EMIYA walks away before disappearing.

Avenger was the only one left among Carter’s imprints that were summoned. “I hope that my ability will be of use to you in the battles to come. You have made a very important decision Carter. It is time for you to face the repercussions of that decision. Hopefully, you will grow after this ordeal.” With those final words, Antonio Salieri shed his red armor and took on the appearance of a normal person. He was now an Italian gentleman with silver hair in a greyish black suit with a red necktie. This was the true appearance of the Italian composer. The rival of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. After changing back into his regular form, Antonio Salieri disappeared.

After they all disappeared, Carter approached Saber and Assassin, “The battle is over. It’s time for us to go back.” After he said that, a portal appeared and all three of them plus one soul, stepped through it. After exiting the portal, Carter, Saber, and Assassin returned to the place where they departed. They had returned to the pier where everyone was waiting for them.

Carter, Saber, and Assassin’s return was greeted by everyone, as they rejoiced in the safe return of the trio. While they were all rejoicing, the soul appeared before Lucas. “Lucas, I’m sorry to have put you through that. You’ve committed a lot of things just to get me back, and I’m grateful for it. But now you have to face the consequences of your actions.”

Lucas was in tears to see the return of his wife’s soul. “Gemma, you’re free. You’re finally free. I was able to set you free.” After listening to his wife’s rant, Lucas accepted his fate. “Yes, I know. I need to make up for my mistakes. I’m just happy that you can move on to a better place.” After talking with her husband, Gemma introduced herself to everyone and apologized for her husband’s actions

She told them that her husband would do what he needs to do to make up for his mistakes. After apologizing, and saying her goodbyes, Gemma disappeared. With the matter settled, J’onn had the DEO take Lucas into custody, and sent him to the authorities. With the matter with Lucas and Gemma settled, Carter and Eddie looked around for Illya. They found her in a corner crying her eyes out.

When Carter and Eddie approached her, Carter wanted to hug her but she refused and kept crying. As he was about to take her in his embrace, she kept hitting him. Even when he hugged her and kept hugging her, she still struggled to break free. “I hate Papa. I hate Papa. I hate Papa. I hate Papa.”

As she kept struggling, Eddie told Carter to put her down. “Carter, let me talk to her. Maybe she’ll open up to me and tell me what’s wrong.” Carter did not want to tell Eddie but he knew that Eddie needed to know and that he would find out eventually. Carter felt that maybe it was best for him to hear it now than later.

Carter puts Illya down on a bench and sits beside her to her left, while Eddie sat to her right. “Illya sweetie, why don’t you tell me what’s wrong.” The tears kept welling up as she kept crying. “Daddy, Papa did a very bad thing.” When Eddie asked her what the bad thing was, she answered. “Papa made a wish. He made a wish to become a Grand Class Servant.”

Eddie did not understand what it meant, so he asked her. “I don’t understand sweetie. What does that mean?” Illya tries to wipe her tears. “A Grand Class servant is bound to Alaya. They must abide by Alaya’s wishes. Whenever the world is threatened, a Grand Class servant is summoned to resolve it, and they cannot go against the will of Alaya. They are her ultimate enforcers. Since Papa has become one, he has to go wherever she sends him to, and do whatever it is that must be done, no matter the danger it poses to him.”

After listening to Illya’s explanation, Eddie looks to Carter. He scowls at Carter. “You made this decision without consulting me, why?” Carter sighs, “It was the only option we had. I needed to become stronger to defeat him. A Grand Class is the only one with enough power to take him on.” Eddie wanted to argue but he knew Carter was right. If Carter had not done what he did, then none of them would be standing there today.

Illya cries even further. When Carter asks her why she was still crying, she answered him. “Because of Papa’s wish, he completely depleted the grail. I can no longer appear and the grail will disappear. Any moment now, I will disappear along with the grail. Illya can no longer stay with Daddy Eddie and Papa Carter. The grail no longer has the power to sustain my presence here. With the grail completely depleted. Another cannot be made. So Illya will have to say goodbye.”

After she said that, Illya’s hand began turning into light particles and disappearing. When he heard the last thing she said, Carter finally realized the mistake he had made. When he saw Illya turning into light particles, he started to panic. Carter took her into his embrace as he began to cry.

“Illya, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I didn’t know. I didn’t know that my wish would lead to this. Illya, Papa is sorry. Illya, please don’t go. Illya, please don’t go. Papa can make it up to you, Illya, just please don’t go. I’m sorry I made that wish Illya. Illya sweetie, Papa will do anything you want. Just please don’t go.” As she was held in his embrace, she stops crying and smiles. “Despite the short time we had together, Illya enjoyed having Daddy Eddie and Papa Carter as her dads. I just wished we had more time together.”

With those parting words, Illya disappears into light particles. Carter was on his knees crying as he still held Illya in his embrace as she disappeared. After she was gone, Carter was still on his knees crying as if he was holding her. Eddie then places his hand on Carter’s shoulder, “It’s gonna be okay Carter. We’ll get through this. We'll find a way to bring her back”, Eddie promised. Despite his tough front, even Eddie shed a few tears as he saw the little girl he wanted to be his daughter, disappear right in front of his very eyes.

0